It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't get distracted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The majority of people these days are getting caught up with how much money they have or how much property they have. Let me tell you this is irrelevant, it might make you life on earth easier but it shields you from enlightenment. I have been chasing the currency all of my life and it has never brought me hapiness. What nakes me happy? Seeing a whole family together doing something nice, a visit to the coast or a nice barbeque. I think I have desciphered life, everything happens for a reason and the bad things are actually good things indirectly because you only start searching though the hard times and when things are good you close your eyes.

I am not one for organised religion but I am sure that everybody can have their connection should they ask for it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Great post !

I too have recently found happiness in seeing my family united and letting go of those old beliefs about finding comfort in materialism. You can have all the commodities you can think of, but you will always feel like there's something missing, most people try to fill that in with even more objects, but those who know know best will appreciate real values.

S & F !

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lsnypvcs

absolutely, I believe those around us who have wealth and materialism are only there to make us envy. Be happy with the cards you are delt and nobody can ever make you sad.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Whats to envy?

Its not like they can take their wealth with them...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Good post, everything you said was on point

I feel the same as you. I'm glad you feel happy.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, I have had little to nothing for 31 years now...

Let me get my materials, for materialism, and I will let you know which is better...

Really, I would not accept any opinion in this matter unless the person was:

1) Rich
2) Gave away ALL of their riches, because it is better to be poor.

Because, we all know that is BS. Money can buy happyness, money can buy love, money can buy most anything. Actually, the only thing money doesn't seem to buy is being poor.

So yeah, when I get my millions upon millions, I will throw it all away
because it is better to not be distracted.

Now, for a bit of a question:

it shields you from enlightenment.

How does wealth/materials sheild me from enlightenment? If anything it would make it easier to become enlightened, due to being able to afford the knowledge. (Purchasing books, travel expenses, etc.) I mean, it can cost a pretty penny for an education, well if you want a good one.

I mean, if I am not enlightened. Shouldn't I get lessons from someone who is? Do they do this work for free? I suppose they would have to, since wealth/materials would mean they were not lit up. HEY! Does that mean bums are the ultra lit among us? I mean can't have less than nothing, right?

Feel good talk only does one thing, make you feel good. Money, well that will make you feel good for a long time. And if it stops, well just use some of the money to help those familys you were talking about in the OPost. That's what I do, I use my means to help those without. Of course, I would never say "I don't need wealth" for how would I help myself then, let alone the multitudes of homeless that my dollars reach out to.

new topics

top topics

join