It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you set your priorities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Man, after loosing a job recently ...I have a ton of time on my hands, and I want to do a whole bunch of things but dont know what to do first. Im doing some reupholstery projects, get back in music, more books, meditation, framing and oil painting, etc.... ad my mind has about a million other ideas but I just dont know how to prioritize?

Is there a technique to this?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Good question. I recently just came out of work to and feel my life needs oraganised.
I try to sit down and list everything needed to move forward

e.g: (off the top of my head)

Apply for work everyday untill I get a job.
use every day to look for a flat to rent.
Use my spare time to keep fit and study other interests.
Also use time to reflect on life up till now, build any bridges that need building.
Think about how you want your future to be and make it happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Man, after loosing a job recently ...I have a ton of time on my hands, and I want to do a whole bunch of things but dont know what to do first. Im doing some reupholstery projects, get back in music, more books, meditation, framing and oil painting, etc.... ad my mind has about a million other ideas but I just dont know how to prioritize?

Is there a technique to this?

There sure is. How do people organize things when they are in a group? They make a list of things to do, then they make a schedule and then they stick to that schedule. Same applies in every situation.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I too went through a big change recently. With all the time in my hands I took some time to revise my life and see where i could have done better.

I started by looking at what held me back from moving forward, and what i could improve to help me progress.

I think there's reasons as to why sudden decisions are made, or sudden events happen. Take this as a message maybe to lead you to the right path. Once you find your thing, everything falls right in place, and things start popping up that all work together.

With all this time, I've been applying for different jobs, taking an interest in meditation, gotten involved in health and working out. Explore different things and you'll find new interests, things will suddenly start to work out.

Good luck !

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The mind is a funny thing. One day we are searching for the meaning of awakening and the next we are trying to find a way to fit more distractions into our daily schedule. 20 years pass and we are still running around in this same circle of confusion, "should I let go of it all, should I pick more of it up?"

Why not first clarify who you are, truly, deeply, then decide where to go from there?

Peace friend.

new topics

top topics

join