It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the experiment ends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've heard many times that earth and it's inhabitants are an elaborate experiment started by aliens. They have been observing us since our inception and can't or won't break their code of no interaction with us due to the fact that it would defeat the purpose of their experiment. So my question to those who beleive this (personally I don't), what happens when the experiment is over?

As humans, we have been known to destroy our experiments once we are done with them or they have fulfilled their purposes (not always, but sometimes). So, if we are some interstellar experiment or project by another race of beings, who's to say that they won't "end" their experiment at some point in time?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Certainly an intriguing statement. I've never heard of that theory before. It could very well be partially true in that ancient civilizations portaying aliens in cave paintings, sculptures, and written text. We certainly weren't there, so who knows what actually went down?

They wouldn't be destroying us anytime soon however. If the human race is indeed an experiment which will be eventually scrapped, right now is definitely not the time to do it. They are probably very excited with their experiment at the moment. We as a race are at a critical cusp in our evolution. Namely, they want to see if we can advance to a higher level without first destroying ourselves through nuclear war or some other.

Maybe this explains why there has been an increase in UFO sightings lately?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
At first, these are partially J.Lear's statements. If you ask me, IMO the experiment is not supposed to end, it can go wrong and as i see it from now, it is gone bad already! Why? Well, if believed that we are an experiment, of course, we must not know about any presence of our creators/ET's/gods, whatever, but we are aware that such things as "we are not alone", and in some point i believe that the experiment has gone bad when we were created - too much brain given 1300cc, because we understand that "we are not alone".

[edit on 21-9-2004 by beer]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't believe the alien experiment theory either, but I think if true, it doesn't actually end. It's as if we are to play out until we perish or flourish, which in either case, I think we are about half in between at this point of our history. It could be alot better on earth, but it could be alot worse.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I dont believe it either. it's a good one and some of the background to it is interesting and makes sense, but there are holes in the argument. It seems to me that the evidence to suggest the "heavens" are worshipped for the reason that that's where the ET's are is concievable, but the argument needs to be built up in a meaningful a priori way, so that it becomes more believable.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I tend to think of this theory as one of the more rational ones out there, supposing that there are in fact highly technologically advanced beings that have visited our planet. Considering the advances that the human race has made in genetic engineering, and the fact that we can indeed manipulate species of fauna and flora into new, heretofore unseen species, it isn't unreasonable to speculate that this was at some time done to us.

The missing link that biologists, anthropologists, archaeologists, and religionists have all been seeking for the last couple of millenia may simply have been a genetic intervention on the part of some sentient 'godfather' race.

Gene Roddenberry, who created the Star Trek universe used the idea that the cosmos was 'seeded' with the DNA of an ancient benevolence who foresaw their own demise and just wanted to do their part.

Zacharias Sitchen, in his work "The Twelfth Planet", which supposedly was a work of non-fiction anthropology based on ancient Sumerian tablet writings, spoke of a practical aspect in the forced advancement of the Human evolution. According to this book, an alien race intervened to create a belief structure, a disposition to use of a monetary system, and the rudimentary thoughts, skills, and tools necessary to prod us willingly into excavating and collecting precious metals, namely gold. Apparently, the alien's home planet was on the brink of destruction as its atmosphere was severely damaged and unable to shield its inhabitants from exposure to harmful cosmic radiation. The gold, which we were taught and trained, like super-cerebral primates, to extract and deposit, and subsequently horde and guard with guns and walls, was to be the active ingredient in a technology able to create for our 'godfathers' the proper shielding for their dying homeworld. A deductive path of logic could lead one to believe that our conditioning of mind and social structure would create a situation where, when these aliens were to return, all the gold in the earth would be sitting in nice, neat little expedient piles ready for shipping, along with any other subsance of worth for which they may find purpose. Also explained in the text was that the celestial cluster that contained thier homeworld traveled upon an elipse which would bring them within a close proximity to the Milky Way Galaxy every 12,000 years or so, if I recall correctly. I'll reiterate that this information was supposedly garnered from actual writings on clay tablets excavated in the 1930's, attributed to ancient Sumerian and Babylonian scholars, and were translated by Sitchen himself.

Funny, though, if this were true, these aliens are too late. If they wait to pick up thier cargo for another hundred years, they'll be hauling huge spools of monster cable and other electonic components back to their planet in the back of a huge interstellar pick-up truck, like my ne'er-do-well uncle Brad. I wonder if they'd be mad if we told them we'd offer them a line of credit on the equity of their homeworld for the necessary improvements.

I don't necessarily believe that we were 'created' by aliens. I don't necessarily believe that we were 'helped' along our evolutionary line by aliens, either. In fact, I have developed a strong habit of not really believing anything at all. However, on that basis, I do believe that this hypothesis is more believable than the one about God, and the apple, the serpent, and Adam and Eve... You know the one.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A very good hypothesis...philosophically, though...

If a superior race were studying homo sapiens in general they would have left long with the rise and fall of past civilizations.

If a superior race is studying our current world civilization, they would have no need to destroy us. They can see we're doing a wonderful job of destroying ourselves.

Dot.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beer
At first, these are partially J.Lear's statements. If you ask me, IMO the experiment is not supposed to end, it can go wrong and as i see it from now, it is gone bad already! Why? Well, if believed that we are an experiment, of course, we must not know about any presence of our creators/ET's/gods, whatever, but we are aware that such things as "we are not alone", and in some point i believe that the experiment has gone bad when we were created - too much brain given 1300cc, because we understand that "we are not alone".

[edit on 21-9-2004 by beer]

If it is an experiment I think it could be to make a more powerful and smarter race. I think we are still in the early stages in development. Most aliens who hear about seem weak and small when compared to most humans, so maybe they are doing the experiment to create a better race. This might also explain alien abductions and breeding between the humans and aliens to improve there own race. The advances in technology over recent years is speculated to be from the help of alien's as well. This could be them trying to advance our technology.

It is said that the aliens did the whole thing with God, jesus, and maybe other religions to around the world. This was to be a form of control and way to keep us from destroying ourselves.

I have heard about many secret technologys the military has in underground bases that makes today's technology look ancient. Maybe as the goverment gets a better understanding of the technology, it will be slowly shared out to the rest of us to improve the worlds technology. Or the goverment will just be greedy and keep it from themselves.

Also think the ties with 2012 to so many ancient civilations and religions around the world is because of the aliens that use to be here and maybe the same ones that started the experiment. The 2012 date that is so prophised (sp?) could be a date when they return. I think 2012 marks the start of the "Age of Enlightment" ... maybe a sign of enlightment by a more powerful race. The following link shows how religions and ancient civiliations all in some way point to the year 2012: onealclan0.tripod.com...

This website is also great for Bible Code. The bible code which I do believe to be a book left behind by the aliens.

"Thou Daniel, seal up these prophecies and shut up the words of this book, until the Time of the End, when travel and knowledge have greatly increased." (Dan:12:4)

Anyway it goes, I just hope to find the answer someday.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is an excellent theory i have always thought that we were created by something along the lines of aliens for an experiment.

I think the experiment ends when we have the technology and knowledge to eventually search for ufo's and when we find them, we either end or they say congrats and heres our technology for you (millions of years advanced than now) go and choose a planet and live there happily.

I get abit carried away i dont really think this but i do kind of.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
A very good hypothesis...philosophically, though...

If a superior race were studying homo sapiens in general they would have left long with the rise and fall of past civilizations.

If a superior race is studying our current world civilization, they would have no need to destroy us. They can see we're doing a wonderful job of destroying ourselves.

Dot.

Yes, but in this theory, we are not just being studied by some outside race that happened to stumble upon us. We would be studied by the beings who set us in motion. At what point does their experiment end. If you have an experiment, it's usually for one purpose, to gain more information on yourselves. What happens when "they" have learned all there is to know about us? Do they "scrap" us, or just let us go on in our simulated existence?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Nice post chaos. it's certainly an interesting line of thought.

You reminded me of the 'opposite' of this whole idea, that humanity came to Earth in the form of DNA frozen in a comet. This making our very selves ET's ... which made me wonder would we still be classed as an experiment if we landed here accidently? and would it matter if our creators were deceased?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Like all experiments,there conducted to have a result,or prove something we either do,or dont know-if we as a race are such an experiment then the people doing it have either got a lot of patience or not got the results they were expecting or waiting for-and subsequently are still waiting,or have given up and let the experiment spiral out of control-or is it us that think we are spiraling out of control?
If we are an experiment,then its a hell of a big one which at present seems to prove only one thing to me personally-give us as a length of rope long enough and we will hang ourselves with it! obviously thats not all of us,huge lobbys of people around the globe strive constantly to make more of us aware of the irreversable damage were doing to our enviroment and sadly to each other-may be the experiment was predicted to go this way?
(thats if there is one?)

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry but it had to be done ...

The experiment thing has been hot ever since Douglas Adams had a good laugh with it.

[edit on 21/9/2004 by Doomed_Seraph]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's a thought:

Isn't it one of our biggest human fantasies to develop interstellar propulsion systems and visit other worlds, ourselves becoming the aliens? And does anyone disbelieve that if we were to pull out heads out promptly that it could actually become true? That would be ironic. Oh, no aliens? Well then we'll just BE the aliens!

Here's another one:

The Mormons believe that God is a physical being that resides in heaven near a planet located in this physical universe called Kolob, and that he is the sourse for our 'spirit', which is an integral part of our human-ness. Therefore, if our spirit is simply a shoot off the root of God, and God exists physically elsewhere in this universe, thereby making him a bona-fide ET, then we are but a human/extra-terrestrial hybrid.

Silly Mormons... DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
well the alien theory is far more beleiveable because its a physical factor on how it could have been done and has some science beside it which of we know about , its better than beleiving in some god that hasnt spoken to man in his hole time of beeing and is talked about only through miricles that have random science to them or coincidence

i beleive that an experiment on earth can only be observed by humans due to how long we live that controls us and experiments are continued through time by other ppl along the time frame to find out an answer

but aliens with light speed travel could seed earth zip to 1 part of space then come back and thousands yrs later and this would follow on through millenia just like our scientists and cancer

expirments dont have to take yrs or decades they can take millions if not billions of yrs

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
well the alien theory is far more beleiveable because its a physical factor on how it could have been done and has some science beside it which of we know about , its better than beleiving in some god that hasnt spoken to man in his hole time of beeing and is talked about only through miricles that have random science to them or coincidence

i beleive that an experiment on earth can only be observed by humans due to how long we live that controls us and experiments are continued through time by other ppl along the time frame to find out an answer

but aliens with light speed travel could seed earth zip to 1 part of space then come back and thousands yrs later and this would follow on through millenia just like our scientists and cancer

expirments dont have to take yrs or decades they can take millions if not billions of yrs

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Kolob= reverse the words= Bolok= whats the plural of a Bolok= Boloks

Thats exactly what the mormons are morons!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Kolob= reverse the words= Bolok= whats the plural of a Bolok= Boloks

Thats exactly what the mormons are morons!

You know, Mark, I never thought of it that way.

I think you're right!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think its a very logical theory, just not the experiment part. Lets say for instance that these Sumerians awoke consciously and were greeted by an alien species that appeared in every way extremely superiour. You would assume that this is the creature responsible for your creation and hence would be a god.
Since your a very primitive creature you'd believe this to be the case, since you don't know about space, stars, galaxies etc. So this god sends you on your way, jumps in his spaceship and catchs the interstellar freeway home - job complete.

Well a primitive species would explore, reproduce, build structures, use monetary units, and of course develop shrines to devote to the God/Alien. Now as for the aliens observing us.. its possible but they were probably more interested in putting thier hypothetical genetic training into full blown testing phases.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
I think its a very logical theory, just not the experiment part. Lets say for instance that these Sumerians awoke consciously and were greeted by an alien species that appeared in every way extremely superiour. You would assume that this is the creature responsible for your creation and hence would be a god.
Since your a very primitive creature you'd believe this to be the case, since you don't know about space, stars, galaxies etc. So this god sends you on your way, jumps in his spaceship and catchs the interstellar freeway home - job complete.

Well a primitive species would explore, reproduce, build structures, use monetary units, and of course develop shrines to devote to the God/Alien. Now as for the aliens observing us.. its possible but they were probably more interested in putting thier hypothetical genetic training into full blown testing phases.

I agree totally, it's convincing if you're open to it. And the fact remains that the Sumerians predicted Sol's layout perfectly and drew images of what have only been described as space craft. go figure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join