Space Mistery: X37B has been in orbit for over a year, and no one knows what it's doing...

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The X37B secret space plane for One Year mission in space? For what? What is its purpose? The first one landed last December at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California after more than seven months in orbit.

There are rumours circulating that the craft has been kept in space to spy on the new Chinese space station, Tiangong. To Spy the Chinese...or.... "someone else" up there?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The U.S Air Force’s highly secret unmanned space plane was supposed to stay in space for nine months, but it’s now been there for a year and three days – and no one knows what it’s doing.
The experimental craft has been circling Earth at 17,000 miles per hour and was due to land in California in December.
However the mission of the X-37B orbital test vehicle was extended – for unknown reasons.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Mystery*

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Maybe they have succes with whatever they are testing, and decided to extend the test phase.

My knowledge about this is pretty low, so bear with me.

www.af.mil...

The X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle, or OTV, is an experimental test program to demonstrate technologies for a reliable, reusable, unmanned space test platform for the U.S. Air Force. The primary objectives of the X-37B are twofold: reusable spacecraft technologies for America's future in space and operating experiments which can be returned to, and examined, on Earth.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Why don't you give us your take on this first?A little bit more effort would be appreciated...at least by me.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's hardly a secret if it's being discussed in MSM.

Do you remember the time when nations of the world had secrets that everyone didn't know about?

However, if you want to keep a secret, there's also nothing like misdirection. Put up something in plain sight, let everyone know it's there, but not tell anyone what it's doing.

Kinda like HAARP.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Maybe it's malfunctioning and unable to land.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sure I saw thread here a few months back that reported it had gone off course...loads of ametures where tracking it, then it dissapeared. Is located right now??
edit on 10-3-2012 by Sinny because: typoo

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

A hint: The flight path of X-37B passed over all major earthquakes of 2011, with flawless synchronicity. It was literally above the areas where they happened, WHEN they happened:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
www.space.com... some relevant articles seems to say that it is highly unlikely that its mission was to spy on china's space station module and that its more then likely testing out some new spy gear and focusing on the middle east and Afghanistan

en.wikipedia.org... and some history of the project

and it seems they are eventually planing on building a scaled up model to eventually accommodate up to 6 astronauts so if it all goes according to plan this is most-likely gonna be our new shuttle or equivalent

www.gizmag.com...

X-37C The paper that Grantz delivered to the AIAA, "X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle and Derivatives" [PDF summary], provides further insights into the X-37 including the possibility of a manned version. Grantz says that the X-37B's successor, the larger X-37C, could be used as a cargo ship for the International Space Station. There are already several spacecraft in service and under development that could do that, but Grantz says that the X-37C could also be easily modified to carry up to six passengers. Unlike other cargo carriers slated to become manned spacecraft, this doesn't necessarily require major design changes. One proposed version of the X-37 shows the interior significantly altered with the fuel tanks and operating systems pushed aft to make way for a traditional flight deck in the bow, but the alternative is simply to place a self-contained pressurized cylinder in the cargo bay and install television cameras fore and aft so the crew can see what's going on.

[img]http://www.gizmag.com...[/img]

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by Arken

A hint: The flight path of X-37B passed over all major earthquakes of 2011, with flawless synchronicity. It was literally above the areas where they happened, WHEN they happened:

So, The Star Wars are operative and on full power...

Bad, this is bad...

What is next target?

Thanks for the video.

Many stars.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

In the video there's a bit of a flaw: those rods which are supposedly shot down from the craft are 20feet long and about 1 foot wide.
when you look at the graphic in the dailymail article you see the 'experiment bay' is only about 6ft long.
so i guess the trunk is too small to handle the rods...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

In the video there's a bit of a flaw: those rods which are supposedly shot down from the craft are 20feet long and about 1 foot wide.
when you look at the graphic in the dailymail article you see the 'experiment bay' is only about 6ft long.
so i guess the trunk is too small to handle the rods...

Or the rods are not 20 ft long. As far as the US military have missiles of different sizes, as far as there are guns of different caliber, most likely they have rods properly constructed to fit in the payload of the X-37B

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by Arken

Well I posted this before, don't remember where.
I think the x-37B is used as a sensor for resonance installations like Haarp.
Due to a lot of factors, like the Sun, solar flares and the Earth rotation and own magnetic field, it is almost impossible to use these installations without a good feedback.
The X-37B can provide the necessary feedback.
So the X-37b does not make earthquakes but makes it possible to make them with pin-point accuracy.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

There are rumours circulating that the craft has been kept in space to spy on the new Chinese space station, Tiangong

That seems unlikely, although the X-37B has some degree of maneuverability, It's current orbit is a long way from the Chinese space station...

Tiangong 1:

www2.heavens-above.com...

X-37B:

www2.heavens-above.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that they have lost control of this craft, but having spent so much on it, they are perhaps a little reluctant to admit it?

Just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
maybe nothing sinister or compelling is going on with the craft & the extended orbiting

NASA had good luck with the Mars rovers as they kept operating far beyond the mission goals

so too the unmanned X37B must be operating at max performance so they might be testing for the functional lifetime of some systems aboard the craft...
or, their budget cannot pay for the landing fees
edit on 11-3-2012 by St Udio because: missing D

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
According to a strange and somewhat crazy story from greece, this spacecraft uses a secret technology of propulsion or energy generation. Some greek guy claims that he sold the patent of this technology, with ancient origins, to the US government for aprox 3 trillion dollars in US bonds. He is currently trying to END the national DEBT of GREECE and other countries, as well as some US states, using that money. So far, almost no one believes him (including myself)! He is backed though by a small group of respectable people (although they are losing their credibility day by day). They have caused some noise in greece, and Canada. The US state is Alabama, I think.
I thought we could share some information.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gvasilis
According to a strange and somewhat crazy story from greece, this spacecraft uses a secret technology of propulsion or energy generation. Some greek guy claims that he sold the patent of this technology, with ancient origins, to the US government for aprox 3 trillion dollars in US bonds. He is currently trying to END the national DEBT of GREECE and other countries, as well as some US states, using that money. So far, almost no one believes him (including myself)! He is backed though by a small group of respectable people (although they are losing their credibility day by day). They have caused some noise in greece, and Canada. The US state is Alabama, I think.
I thought we could share some information.

Do you have any links or more information on that topic?

new topics

top topics

join