It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic tobacco suit hits Canadian courtroom; up to $27 billion at stake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by TKDRL

The smoker trap is set, so that they hook you when you are young, and don't properly understand mortality. By the time you smarten up, you are hooked.

If I had to "understand mortality" before making life decisions I probably never would have had a threesome. Never would have drunken getaways in random countries-getting stranded in the third wold LOL, and probably would have nothing fun to reflect on.

So...

Let me enjoy my smokes that I was "hooked on while I was young."

I don't wanna live an extra 30 years recounting how boring my life is.

I don't typically see heavy smokers going out at a really young age, perhaps late 60's or 70's and many well beyond that, a normal lifespan. Of course if a smoker dies then the death will probably be attributed to smoking. I've heard "experts" say it cuts about seven years off your life - as if anyone could predict their lifespan within seven years anyway. On the other hand I have seen a number of very heavy drinkers check out some 20 - 30 years early, under age 50.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have to agree that the juice does age people, but a lot of that can be attributed to what was done while under the influence too.....
My dad smoked up a storm,,,,had a massive heart attack at thirty six, did a comeback at another trade with a four year apprenticeship and died of a final heart attack at fifty two......he smoked constantly.....lit them with the butts of others, and rolled pipe tobacco or chewing tobacco into his cigarettes.....but then agin he was working in the coalmines by twelve or so....driving a pony...
He also was an asbestos worker too, so take your pick......
The truth is the Lawers will do well either way........they always do....
the people who will get wired to tobacco will fo it all by themselves...the very smell of second hand smoke was apealing to me......i was not even in school then.,,,,used to sit behind my dad in the backseat so i could smell that second hand smoke smell that i found tastey....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

are you so sure about that could it be the other way around? did the smokers eat at the fast food place? or did they just smoke cigs all day never eat or drank any thing just smoked?, it is an easy way and easy place to put the blame on, is it not time we start looking at other things too? fast food , drinks, water, air, if these be the real culprit behind cancer and not smoking, then what? how or who do you sue, or take to court then?

edit on 12-3-2012 by bekod because: editing

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have been smoking for over 15 years and I have no-one to blame but myself for that. However, if the tobacco industry would leave the tobacco plant just as it should be..a plant(natural)..there would be little/no chemicals. They put junk in there to keep you addicted and it makes you sick(so they say anyway). I have seen people get lung cancer that have never smoked a day in their lives and were not living with a smoker...how is that to be explained. Pollution is everywhere and not just around smokers. That lawsuit is bogus if you ask me. They should probably sue the bovine industry for the emissions from the cows and then all the Oil industry for the pollution created from motor vehicles.

Please note that I do not encourage smoking, I actually discourage it even being a smoker myself. I dont smoke in my house/car even near my kids when outside and I respect others that do not smoke. I just think suing is pointless.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
27 billion will buy them a lot of cigarettes.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think that every person involved in this suit should be counter sued by the tobacco company based on bringing frivolous lawsuits against them. Further more they should all have to pay a fine just for being so stupid that they didn't know cigarettes were bad for them.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I am sure organically grown, and pure tobacco, with no additives would not be such a hazard.

those are available you know.... american spirits organic. plus you can get it loose in a pouch and roll with untreated rice paper and put in your own organic cotton filters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join