It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How annoying are the ATS Recap PMs??!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey, thought this deserved a thread of its own as in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its been hightlighted by my self, and others that not many of us appreciate being force fed PMs about ATS Recap.

I also find the private messages annoying. Nice to see i'm not the only one.

PLEASE GET RID OF THE DAMN PRIVATE MESSAGES!!!! I DONT EVEN LIKE ATS RECAP!! YOUR JUST CLOGGING UP MY INBOX WHEN IM ACTUALLY AWAITING REPLIES I AM INTERESTED IN!!! This thread has just showed me im not alone in feeling this. Mods please take notice!!

That one was me.

I totally agree, but I believe it's the administrators and owners that need to take notice. The mods simply need to make sure that it gets to their attention. Time for a group meeting, folks.

Between these comments they were starred 25 times.

How does the rest of ATS feel about these Recap PMs???

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
How does the rest of ATS feel about these Recap PMs???

Not my cup of tea. Click, delete. Cost to me? 3 seconds. What about those that this IS their cup of tea?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

i dont really care... i just click them once and they are gone

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Just delete them. Done. No big deal.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I know its all of 3 seconds to delete em, it bothers me when im in the middle of posting/reading and I think I've got a reply from someone I've been waiting on, so I leave what Im doing....oh noo...its just that stupid recap again!!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Personally, they are lightly aggravating. Not enough to keep me off the boards though.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

I know its all of 3 seconds to delete em, it bothers me when im in the middle of posting/reading and I think I've got a reply from someone I've been waiting on, so I leave what Im doing....oh noo...its just that stupid recap again!!
\

right click and open in a diff tab then view later. solved

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Just finish what you are doing first THEN check your inbox. That's what I do. Have to I get a pantload of PM's. Those messages aren't going anywhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

I mean its not enough to keep me away from ATS, I just believe the only time I should be getting PMs of ATS them selves are when the T&Cs are breached or theres an important announcement....its not like I have a junk mail option to add this recap to...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Would it be alright if they made a thing where you can un-subscribe?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i personally like the recap and with them becoming more frequent the personal messages help me keep track of which ones i've seen or missed if i haven't been on for a couple of days. the effort to create this thread was way more than it takes to delete a pm. i understand that you obviously don't like the recap but a couple of quotes about people not liking the fact that they're getting an email isn't enough to stop it. if they did change the system so that it required you to sign up for the recap pm i would sign up and many others would also but they don't so what now? i would suggest getting in touch with the recap crew and explaining your reasoning to them or a moderator. but is this all really worth the hassle? in my opinion no. the delete button was put on the U2U messaging service for a reason. everyone gets junk mail and subsequently has to delete it, if you consider a recap notifcation junk then delete it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by josephamccoy

Was it worth having a rant in the rant section?? I believe so.

And I made a thread not based on 2 others quotes but on the 25 stars they recieved.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree they're annoying, but easy enough to just delete as the mod said... We're lazy eh

Its more of a let down actually...

Im always hopeing for an applause or a PM

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I wasn't too bothered about them at first, but the irritation builds up and up until it starts to drive you nuts - a bit like having a persistent itch or having a fly buzzing around your head or something like that.

I wonder if there's a better way of advertising the recap shows, and in fact all the multimedia type shows that ATS are so fond of (such as ATS live)?

Perhaps a newsletter that is sent to every member on, let's say, a Sunday morning when people would be more receptive to such things? This newsletter could detail what the various shows are for the coming week and perhaps they could give an outline as to what has transpired in the previous weeks instalments?

I've come to dread clicking on 'my ATS' because I know they'll be there again... those messages waiting to be deleted. It's got that bad I'm having to tap this post out - for cathartic purposes mainly.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I completey agree, it now just irritates the life outa me having to see and delete them all the time...I would like an opt out option, although the mods dont seem very sympathetic towards my cause.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is why your all upset really, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

LOl awesome..shhh

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They make me paranoid.
Like everytime I sign I'm going to see a Mod Warning or a threat from another member in my PM. Not that ATS is like that , It's just that I don't get many PM's on forums.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Hey, thought this deserved a thread of its own as in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its been hightlighted by my self, and others that not many of us appreciate being force fed PMs about ATS Recap.
The thread is gone. There is definitely a conspiracy here. ATS obviously objects to our objection. I wonder why.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

The thread got removed because the last two pages were just members insulting one another. There was a warning and when the insults continued, the thread was taken down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join