It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec is FBI??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

LulzSec's Top Hacker 'Is FBI Double Agent'

The arrested 'leader' of the LulzSec hacker group has been working as a double agent for the US government, it has been claimed.

the self-styled hacktavist operated as a secret turncoat for the past eight months.

It claimed unemployed Monsegur, 26, pleaded guilty then helped the FBI track down other hackers, tweet misinformation and protect the CIA and financial institutions as a turncoat.

"With Sabu's help, the FBI learned the identities of other LulzSec members, gathered evidence and records from private chatrooms used by the elite hackers to plan and discuss their cyber attacks, and found out about planned hacks in time to minimise or prevent damage without blowing their star witness' cover."

No one can be trusted anymore. No one can be believed.

Lulzsec claiming to fight the governement and TPTB and it turns out they are working with the governement. This wasn't some guy on the fringes. This was a principal player.

Earlier we had seen proof that CNN is manufacturing news stories with fake syrian activisits and now this.

I always wondered why there was so little commentary from the governments on the hacking movement. The reason seems to be that the make up a good part of it. If they have infiltrated Lulzsec it must be also the case that they will have infiltrated other hacking movements.

I have found some of their most recent campaigns very strange. Most recently seeing anon videos re-enforcing beliefs from the Kony video that Kony is in the same category as Bin laden and Hitler seemed something you would expect to hear from the government. There was also the campign to expose domestic violence which came out at the same time as a new law was launched in the UK which allows women access to police records on men in their lives.
One of the most recent anon videos I viewed talked about how operation v is over because notifying the general public about SOPA has been an overwhelming success. They spoke about how many social networking sites 'came aboard' with them because realised how important the public are.

What I have seen is a major operation and fuss over Internet censorship and have everyone going mad about. At the exact same time I have seen a major change in all internet social networking sites regarding censorship. Facebook, twiiter , google and you tube have all completely changed their sites and there is much more censorship on all of these sites??? Now how that hell is that a success. Its almost as if someone was distracting us why all the changes were been made behind the scenes.

I would love people to be able to explain to me that I have got this all wrong and that there still is a postive movement out there trying to bring hidden secrets out of hiding and force an awareness on the public but I have given up all hope. Already I have seen more strict cenorship appearing out of nowhere across the net.

Prove to me I am mistaken.

edit on 10-3-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This new story would raise serious questions about the whole movement too.

Hacker: The FBI Used Our “Dox” to Arrest Sabu (Exclusive)

news.softpedia.com... itter_web

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

No, the chump working for the fbi was the weakest link in the chain so he was the one who got caught.
He then turned evidence over to save his greasy butt.
Bottom line: fly solo.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
SABU: soley responsible for the attack on HBGary no matter what Kayla sells you it was all Sabu;

814.Dox:
815. Name: Hector Xavier Montsegur
816. Location: New York, New York
817. Race: Puerto Rican ?
818. E-Mail: [email protected]
820.Computer:
821. Handles: 548U, hectic_les, leon
822. IP: 199.68.198.129 (ssh-only.recklesstheory.com)
824.Profiles:
825. www.facebook.com... ?
827.Sites:
828. prvt.org
830.Notes:
831. dox confirmed by archived whois entries for prvt.org (his personal site according to #hq logs which he anonymized DNS after release)

A-Team’s publication of pig kisser “Laurelai:” See paste-bin.com... keyword iVujX4TR on next link.

serpentsembrace.wordpress.com...

edit on 10-3-2012 by hawk123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wouldn't that be awesome? The FBI is in LulzSec and the CIA is in Anonymous.

Brilliant. I wonder what the slap fights look like.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

They should turn this into a screenplay, it has comedy of errors written all over it. Seriously, I doubt there's some grand conspiracy, just some people who got caught and started snitching. In turn for working as a snitch (C.I. as the Law loves to call them) they are granted immunity or have their crimes commuted down to misdemeanors. It happens all the time in organized crime, what makes virtual crime any different? Alternatively, getting undercover operatives in such a loose organization wouldn't be difficult, again I reference organized crime syndicates, who were way more close knit and 'xenophobic' than an online hacktivist group. A group who welcomes anyone not offended by the nonsense on /b/ with open arms.

I love hacktivism, I love some of the work anon has done (or at least claimed to have done), but it doesn't change the fact its illegal. These aren't harden criminals, these are normal every day men and women, and when confronted with interrogation tactics used by law enforcement I know for a fact some of the softer members of the group will squeal.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Stories like this just make you question everything that has gone on previously.

You had the whole Occupy protest movement that developed. The hacking movement joined alonside the occupy movement. It encouraged the Occupy movement. Praised them. It warned them not to engage in violence. It rewarded them with pizzas and told them how good they were.

It also target the Police force. It targeted the Police force in a very personal and direct way. Personal information was released on the cops. This is something that isolated the Police. It would encouarge them to Bond. They were been attacked personally which in a cops eyes would be out of line. Cops knew they had to stick together. The only people they can trust anymore would be themselves.

So the net result was that a large movement of protesters on the streets were kept largely under control and non-violent and the police force that were led to believe they could only trust each other and will as a result be more lightly to follow orders against the public(the enemy that had personally attacked other members).

The result just seems to be a win-win for those in control.

The hacking movements have released a lot of info and showed an alliance with wikileaks but was this information governments really need out in the public arena anyway. Thanks to recent leaks its now official that everything you do in your life is being monitored. Thats is now offical thanks to the leaks. A way to distribute information without having to take any responsiblitly for it or even commet on it because it was released in an 'illegal' way. No questions need to be answered , no debates, no proper media coverage because it is all illegal. Most of the coverage has come in online or offline newspapers. Is that a coincidence? Nobody in power has had to be interviewed or answer any questions. You can read the information until the end of time. There you go, its all yours. But NOBODY is ever going to answer any questions on it. So the info is out now with the minimum amount of damage.

The info has been very informative and somewhat embarressing for some people. But overall it is just giving us a picture of how the world is run. There has been pretty much no top secret or high level leaks of any information. This was actually confirmed in one of the recent leaks about the different levels of secrecy. It was spelling it out for you that you really have seen nothing important. That is fact.

With this huge story that the main Lulzsec player turned FBI and ratted out god knows how many other players the hackers will be unable to trust anyone anymore.

Unless they have a major ACE still left to play I wonder is this the beginning of the end for the hacking movement.
edit on 11-3-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by outwired

UMMMMM COUNT ME IN!!!
My mind is already reeling with ideas-
that combined with the "SKY SOUNDS"

hell- I've been dying to make a parody film that incorporates ALL the big conspiracies for YEARS!!!
Why no one has done this for 2012 blows my mind!!!
*If only I had the money

SERIOUSLY- if y'all- ATS owners, mods, and members- took this on, FOR REAL,
I'd quit my damn job to make it happen!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Is it possible that the idea of passing Stratfor's mail on to Wikileaks, instead of just publishing it to the Internet, was in fact the FBI's idea? This group published HBGary's stolen mail directly to the Internet, why change now? Could it be that Sabu, at the behest of the FBI, was advocating a different approach?

You would think that the negotiated handover of illegally obtained data could open up all sorts of conversational possibilities. If a Wikileaks staffer asked these anon contacts to illegally obtain more information from other targets, I imagine that would be legally problematic.

The trick for the US Department of Justice could be trying to portray Wikileaks as the document laundering arm of Anonymous.

risky.biz...

In June 2011, the ACLU filed suit against the State Department to enforce a FOIA request seeking 23 embassy cables previously disclosed by WikiLeaks. The agency released redacted versions of 11 and withheld the other 12 in full.

The five excerpts below show the government’s selective and self-serving decisions to withhold information. Because the leaked versions of these cables have already been widely distributed, the redacted releases provide unique insight into the government’s selective decisions to hide information from the American public.

www.aclu.org...

It is now clear that the public received redacted versions of WikiLeaks.
Which department is responsible for the redacted Wikileaks? Is it FBI, CIA etc.
Stratfor emails were also disclosed using the WikiLeaks channel.
Did we receive also redacted Stratfor emails.
edit on 11-3-2012 by hawk123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
AnonymousSABU was also the person Hillary Clintons leaked cable was supposed to target.

http:///9TmeP4Dv

AnonymousSABU was the one who put a Palestinian Flag on his Twitter image.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The leader of the LulzSec hacking group has been accused of being a front for recruitment to extremist causes which aim to create a group of "domestic terrorists".

The accusation is made against "Sabu", believed to be a Puerto Rican living in New York, who has acted as the head of the group which over the past few months has carried out online break-ins and attacks on websites belonging to the US Congress, UK Serious Organised Crime Agency, and NATO. Sabu has denied the allegation in a Twitter discussion with the Guardian: "I'm not affiliated to any terrorist groups," he said.

And if I remember right he was the one who got Tweets from the Iranian hacker group saying good job we support you. Causing a stir for Anonymous when people accused them of supporting the enemy. I guess it was all a bait and propaganda.

www.cyberwarzone.com...

And I guess the name AnonymousSABU really told the story with his screen name, AnonymousS_A_BaitUnit.

Heres a picture of the operations of a bait unit everybody has seen. Bait car units.

And its the same operation as Chris Hansen bait unit.

So I guess beware of the BU screenames.

But I did say this was wjat was going on in this thread I did. But most people ignored it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
More trouble ahead. It is really now looking very good;

Anti-Anonymous hacker threatens to expose them

As if things couldn't get any worse for the hacktivists of Anonymous, the self-described patriotic hacker who calls himself The Jester has struck another blow.

He claims to have broken into many smartphones belonging to Anonymous leaders and copied incriminating text messages, emails, address books and other data — data that he may have already passed on to the authorities.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
sorry , above post should read 'not' instead of 'now'

new topics

top topics

join