It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Splendid Irony?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just had to post yesterday's experience of splendid irony. I live in out in the sticks on a road that serves as a perimeter to a giant 300 acre farm. So I am out doing an 8 mile jog with my dog, breathing fresh country air and soakin' up some sunshine, when all of a sudden a giant balloon tired fertilizer truck starts spraying adjacent to the road, and the mist drifts right into my face! Cough cough, eyes burning, can't get away from it! Then, I see on the side of the truck tanks, Monsanto, yikes!! Not a mile later, a dozen dump trucks slowly convoy past me spilling good ole diesel exhaust that hovered in the air for a good 15 minutes. Okay, I get past that, then, along side of the road is a thin linear patch of grass/weeds, so guess what kind of truck comes next? The one that says Round-UP on the side. So I have to let it pass while trying to reduce my inhalations, pulling my shirt up over my face at this point.
Geez, who'd a thought a country run could be so toxic?!?!
Do I need a joggers hazmat suit?

What 'splendid irony" have you experienced recently?

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm laughing...but not without some anger burning 'neath the surface. Makes me even madder that it's our spec-op they've done it to.

For you.
For them.
edit on 10-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks friend, I laughed out loud for a moment out there, and I immediately thought of ATS. I knew some folks here could really appreciate this. Funny and sad I reckon. Hey I know folks gotta make a living, so I'm not hatin on them, but maybe I'll figure out their spray days, so to avoid this from happening again.
I'm laughing and crying(from burnt eyes) with you GUT!

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

hopefully it's not a case like this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Wow, that's pretty intense, right here in my backyard. They spray really heavy in the logging industry, and there are several lawsuits right now. Mine spraying wasn't as bad thank goodness, but I did notice a slight numbing on my tongue, and of course the burning eyes and respiratory. But yea, it's something I wouldn't want to experience again.

Thanks for the link,
spec

new topics

top topics

join