It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Day For Earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hi guys, 1st post here on ATS and I thought I would just let you guys know that there has been a significant amount of activity regarding earthquakes today, including a 5.9 in Alaska. This might be some stuff to keep in eye on, especially in Alaska as they are on high alert for volcanic activity.

Here's where you can follow earthquake activity worldwide: Global Incidents Map- Earthquakes

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

You might find this Quake Watch

And Volcano Watch of some interest.

Congrats on your first thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thank You! I have just begun to gain interest in earthquakes and today's Alaskan earthquake seemed of significant importance, as they were placed under high volcano watches

articles.boston.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well Alaska was pretty hot on the earthquakes or maybe it was the volcanoes last year. On that one island. So who knows how it will be this year. Best wishes.Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
got to love that ring of fire.

waiting for it to cash in on the PNW's IOU's as far as earthquakes that is

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Maybe there's going to be so many earthquakes today that the whole Earth will start vibrating and implodes!!!

Or maybe it will just be another uneventful day with a few earthquakes throughout the world like normal.
Either way... reading about it is pointless.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson88

I strongly disagree, as a 5-6 earthquake could set off a much larger one or volcano and it is good to know about these...for preparation purposes or whatnot

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You could read This also if you are interested.

At this point I am not too excited. And trust me, I am easily excited about things like this.

E.T.A. - I should mention I am absolutely not anywhere near able to make an educated guess about what will happen with that volcano.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thank you for all the additional links regarding quakes and volcanoes. I just noticed there were more 5.0 quakes in Alaska just within the last hour. Vanuatu has been pretty active today too. I have been monitoring quakes for about a month now and have noticed not an increase in the amount of earthquakes, but increase in sizes of the "small" ones...I don't know how much of a trend this is for this time or year or what-not, but I keep on praying that no more Japan scenarios will happen as they did a year from today.

new topics

top topics

join