It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

#snip# opinion of Islam

page: 3
11
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by petrus4
 
These are forums for debate.

No, they aren't. They're for racist, fascist, hate-filled white people to mutually congratulate each other, for holding the same opinions.

That's entirely incorrect, but If that's what you think of this place, then why are you here?

I've seen the groupthink on this forum.

Group think problems here are a separate issue.
IMHO - Get rid of the 'stars' and you will see the group think thing greatly reduced.




posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod


Really?...That is what you get? i get that if you want to be ignorant and stupid...by all means...do so...I also get that if you want to be heard and appreciated...try reading and learning...heaven forbid that knowledge outweighs stupidity....


I am well read, yet my opinions and world view still differs from many. Should I apply the same criteria to you?


If you have not read the different religions...then you are not entitled to an ignorant opinion...read or stfu....that is reality...anything less is just stupidity at it's finest hour....


Once I've "read" and am able to defy your stfu adherence, and my opinion still differs, then I suppose I'll have to stfu until I agree with you?


If you think you can have an opinion and have not read the different doctrines...then you are somewhere along the lines of special education....you have no idea what it is you speak of and therefore have no weight in the discussion....read or be dismissed...this is fundamental...educated society...participate or be dismissed as ignorant....


I can have an opinion on the flavour of ice cream in the Gamma Quadrant. Free speech does not have a "knowledge" clause.

If it did, ATS would be far quieter than it usually is.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Damrod


Really?...That is what you get? i get that if you want to be ignorant and stupid...by all means...do so...I also get that if you want to be heard and appreciated...try reading and learning...heaven forbid that knowledge outweighs stupidity....


I am well read, yet my opinions and world view still differs from many. Should I apply the same criteria to you?


If you have not read the different religions...then you are not entitled to an ignorant opinion...read or stfu....that is reality...anything less is just stupidity at it's finest hour....


Once I've "read" and am able to defy your stfu adherence, and my opinion still differs, then I suppose I'll have to stfu until I agree with you?


If you think you can have an opinion and have not read the different doctrines...then you are somewhere along the lines of special education....you have no idea what it is you speak of and therefore have no weight in the discussion....read or be dismissed...this is fundamental...educated society...participate or be dismissed as ignorant....


I can have an opinion on the flavor of ice cream in the Gamma Quadrant. Free speech does not have a "knowledge" clause.

If it did, ATS would be far quieter than it usually is.


Oh please...you know exactly what I am talking about or you would not be on this board...all of us...from one extreme to another recognize there is more than just our personal opinion.

How can you sit in judgment when you know how easily the ignorant are manipulated? Perhaps you are not ignorant...perhaps you are just a devils advocate...but I am sure you understand that the biggest gulf we have to cross is the gap of reality and religion...not everyone believes the same things...yet 90% believe in the same "spawn point"...and that is utterly bizarre to me....so much hate from a group that accepts the same roots....weird and indescribable...well to me anyway...

I do not accept extremism in any form as the norm...it is not normal...it is...well...extreme....

I can...as an educated person...look at the discourse and pity the cause...it is fundamentalism at it's most ridiculous....unwavering people with no education about those they oppose...just rhetoric that is meaningless at best and harmful at worst...

But you are correct...I will fire on anyone that promotes the ignorant agenda...learn the truth or be prepared to be fired upon....I have no time for false prophets or soothsayers...the truth is not what you proclaim...it is easy to see....it is in writing...across 3 different religions...now learn or shush....
edit on 3/10/2012 by Damrod because: spelling


Edit

Let me clarify...the truth as religion sees it is spread across 3 religions...that is not what I believe but I recognize that is what many believe...and they will be our undoing...oh...sorry....I just don't agree...but I repsect their perspective....
edit on 3/10/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
People here really aren't very good at interpreting sarcasm.
are you from the UK by any chance?



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If I were reactionary I'd call you a fool because only a fool would make such a ridiculously broad accusation which can not be supported by evidence nor has any basis in fact.

However, since this is ATS, where fools tread lightly and the fact you've been here long enough to recognize self evident facts, my brain is on the alert for agenda driven statements.

It's common knowledge this site has become known as a bastion of credible information and home to opinion makers. As a natural consequence it is also viewed as a tool of agenda driven, opinion shaping propagandists.

Any critically thinking individual, interested in TRUTH and on the alert must look for clues and fingerprints of the propagandist.

Push Polling presents distortions in the form of a poll in an attempt to shape opinion. A more subtle form of the same desire is to choose an absurd title for a thread, such as the title of this thread, qualify it as sarcasm and attempt to present a weak case against it.

Doing so gives the author some modicum of deniability of not being a Muslim hater or whatever the author is purporting not to be, and giving themselves a free license to spew unacceptable hatred in the name of making a point against it.

As far as I'm concerned, and this is my opinion, but if you walk like a duck...Perhaps a sharpening of the tools is needed on Facebook?



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Doing so gives the author some modicum of deniability of not being a Muslim hater or whatever the author is purporting not to be, and giving themselves a free license to spew unacceptable hatred in the name of making a point against it.

As far as I'm concerned, and this is my opinion, but if you walk like a duck...Perhaps a sharpening of the tools is needed on Facebook?


I am surprised you'd think I was trolling, zarp; I saw you in my most recent, more serious thread on this topic.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr


But they have Muslamic Ray guns. WE are doomed.

 


Muslamic ray guns. That's new.

That video is an embarrassing mark on human history.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 

I would say that opinion on the "threat of Islam" devouring the planet on ATS is varied. There are those who will always buy into the "evil group" propaganda be it the "Red Scare" or the latest and greatest threat, Islam.

But there are just as many who see through the propaganda.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
As long as there is religion and religious groups,
There will be hatred.

As long as there is religion and religious groups,
There will be wars.

As long as there is religion and religious groups,
There will be political agenda and conflict.


Once upon a time people believed in god and the church ruled. That time is what we call the” Dark Ages.”
We have never learned, hopelessly stuck, no matter what religion.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
But they have Muslamic Ray guns. WE are doomed.



bahahhaha, that is as funny as it is sad.

It's like, it's like, ya got, ya got, ya got muslamic law and like ya got muslamic ray guns,,,,,, lol, lucky we have retarded mobs to fix things.


I must admit though he did seem smarter than the average anti-muslim.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 


OP, yes you are correct that some people are actively hostile to Islam. Might you agree there is a reason for that?

For my own part I find Islam to be oppressive, brutal, violent, degrading to women, dangerous in ideology, etc.

You must understand that there are people out there who want to destroy America, Israel, U.K, etc. It is real. They really feel like that about us.

I really cannot tolerate Islam atall if it dares to attempt to influence me or my life, or the laws of the land I live in, or my cultural identity in any way. I despise it as an ideology and religion. I think the Arabs made a big mistake following that War Lord as a Prophet. He is not that. He was a horrible man who did horrible things!

I have nothing atall against the Arab people; they are just the same as us, but Islam worries me because it is such a brutal ideology when put into practice. What more can I say?

edit on 11-3-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by petrus4
 

I would say that opinion on the "threat of Islam" devouring the planet on ATS is varied. There are those who will always buy into the "evil group" propaganda be it the "Red Scare" or the latest and greatest threat, Islam.

But there are just as many who see through the propaganda.



It's not propaganda, man! It's real. Wake up!They really hate us; we are called "Great and Little Satan". Right now my friend in Israel has to duck and dive their missiles!

I think you ned to go to a Muslim country and see how things are, then you might open your eyes...may be!!!



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
But they have Muslamic Ray guns. WE are doomed.



bahahhaha, that is as funny as it is sad.

It's like, it's like, ya got, ya got, ya got muslamic law and like ya got muslamic ray guns,,,,,, lol, lucky we have retarded mobs to fix things.


I must admit though he did seem smarter than the average anti-muslim.

edit on 11-3-2012 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)



These people are thugs!!! It is just an excuse for their petty minds to hate on people! DISGUSTING!

Like I said I really don't like Islam as a religion or as any kind of influence atall on human beings. The way to deal with that without being violent is to recognise that it is an ideology we are not liking (not the people). The way to combat its spread is to have a very strong ideology of your own, a strong culture and strong laws. Otherwise, other influences may creep in.

I make it clear again I would even marry into an Arab family if I loved a woman enough. It is nothing to do with hating people. I really do feel for them infact that they have to live under such brutal religious tyranny!



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 






There are two videos there that demonstrate clearly that Muslim Societies, because of their adherence to The Koran, are being deliberately held back in terms of civility.

WE DO NOT DO THINGS LIKE THIS because our laws are more civil.

I never want to see this happening in the UK. It is what we used to do here in U.K and U.S two hundred + years ago. We have moved on. They need to aswell.

Here is a little quote from a comment to one video on youtube;




jehad will be continued till the day of judgement so be ready non muslims...we will not live u to kill our muslims


Do you understand? There is too much hatred now from Muslims towards the west. There is a vendetta and a strong desire to kill us or convert us. We have to recognise that and be prepared to deal with that (peacefully wherever we can).
edit on 11-3-2012 by Revolution9 because: more info given



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh My freaking GOD!. Petrus your post is lighting up the "defenders of the faith" and mind numbed just as you hoped
Our nations differ only by degrees. We Have Robertson calling for assassination, the Westboro embarrassment, the Dominionist Christians rattling sabres and yet we dare claim superiority of morality over any group? We are more subtley cruel and deal our murder out in the thousands with remote controlled war machines. They grab a guy and saw off his head. Then we only make news of the one guy and ignore the thousands buried in rubble.
So lately we have a Dominionist Christian Catholic making his go at ruining, er, running this country. Men who's misogyny is so deeply ingrained the use of hormonal contraceptives for any reason is like murder. That a single parent is child abuse.That torture is OK with God. And finally have put more folks into prison than even China.
two sides f the same dirty coin that has been tossed for thousands of yrs. And America has chosen one side of a coin hat has the same mark on both sides. Deny some damn ignorance people!
S&F petrus! that this is now a rant proves your point eloquently. This subject should be properly vetted but by putting it here it will drop out of sight quickly and with little "off message" controversy to the site advertisers.
APB

ETA read the red words if you believe in the new covenant Jesus died for or put on a yarmulke and be a Jew ( your using their laws to make political agendas). You can not serve two masters. And the next time you have some shrimp remember it is as bad as being ....gay, an abomination unto the lord is how these things are described and if you get a hair cut or wear mixed fibre clothing you may as well flame away cause it is no different than being gay ,gay,gay.
I am pointing this out to show that both religions are killing in the name of their "God". Persecuting discriminating and hating based upon selected verses that fit their hearts of war and hate.



posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
Oh My freaking GOD!. Petrus your post is lighting up the "defenders of the faith" and mind numbed just as you hoped
Our nations differ only by degrees. We Have Robertson calling for assassination, the Westboro embarrassment, the Dominionist Christians rattling sabres and yet we dare claim superiority of morality over any group? We are more subtley cruel and deal our murder out in the thousands with remote controlled war machines. They grab a guy and saw off his head. Then we only make news of the one guy and ignore the thousands buried in rubble.
So lately we have a Dominionist Christian Catholic making his go at ruining, er, running this country. Men who's misogyny is so deeply ingrained the use of hormonal contraceptives for any reason is like murder. That a single parent is child abuse.That torture is OK with God. And finally have put more folks into prison than even China.
two sides f the same dirty coin that has been tossed for thousands of yrs. And America has chosen one side of a coin hat has the same mark on both sides. Deny some damn ignorance people!
S&F petrus! that this is now a rant proves your point eloquently. This subject should be properly vetted but by putting it here it will drop out of sight quickly and with little "off message" controversy to the site advertisers.
APB

ETA read the red words if you believe in the new covenant Jesus died for or put on a yarmulke and be a Jew ( your using their laws to make political agendas). You can not serve two masters. And the next time you have some shrimp remember it is as bad as being ....gay, an abomination unto the lord is how these things are described and if you get a hair cut or wear mixed fibre clothing you may as well flame away cause it is no different than being gay ,gay,gay.
I am pointing this out to show that both religions are killing in the name of their "God". Persecuting discriminating and hating based upon selected verses that fit their hearts of war and hate.


Outstanding position and I have to agree. There have been more people killed in the name of "God" than anything else...ever. The mind busting part to me is when you consider this... the Jews, Christianity and Islam...they all recognize "the God of Abraham" as the same creator...we fight and die over semantics and proper methodology of worship and respect...and that...I'm sorry...makes me a sad puppy.

I am agnostic. I DO believe there is probably a universal mind at work behind our universe, our existence and our reality...but I have a hard time believing that any human being can understand that mind...much less speak on it's behalf....

But that is just my opinion...
edit on 3/11/2012 by Damrod because: spelling



posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's not Muslims or Christians or Hebrews or Hindus or any other of the worlds religions.. IT"S ALL OF THEM..
It's religion in a whole. Religion and the differences in them....In the end is going to get all of us killed.. In the name of GOD. IMHO



edit on 12-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join