It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#snip# opinion of Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

The ravening Muslim hordes are coming, and they're going to kill us all. They're going to exterminate men, women, children, literally any other animals, and all of the plant life as well. They're going to wash over the entire planet, and literally render everything extinct. It's going to be almost exactly like the Scourge, from Warcraft 3; down to the proverbial last blade of grass. In the minds of you people, apparently the very Earth that an Islamic foot touches, will blacken and die. Allahu Akbar. Resistance is futile.

they is scary and dangerous - that's for sure. S&F

you've been here long enough to know how this thread will go - good luck

I'm hoping you don't get moved to rant - it's a valid position - and in my opinion - something worth talking about

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would suggest that using ATS as your source on how Americans feel towards Islam is, well, questionable at best.

Look at we folks who frequent this website. The majority of us are on the fringe of mainstream society. We have folks who fervently believe the Earth is hollow, reptilians are members of the Royal Family, there are secret moon bases, aliens are using humans as science experiments, and/or a secret ruling force is puppeting the world to doom.

I love ATS. I love the breadth and width of topics. I like discussing ideas and theories with others who share my desire to find answers.

But I don't think ATS is indicative of how America, or the Western World, views Islam.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It would be safer to assume that there is no love lost between professed enemies. Instead of being concerned about peoples opinions of Muslims, maybe you should be concernerd about Muslims opinions of all others. Believe me, there is no fear of the Muslim faithful, I do not decry their existence, nor do I consider them to be a lesser people. The problem is certain sects of the Muslim religion that are hell bent on erradicating competing ideologies, and they intend to impress their cohersion through the slaughter of innocents. Either agree to coexist, or challenge our right to coexist- but the latter will end quite badly for you.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
As FF pointed out ATS has no stance on this issue. Secondly I think you are only seeing one part of this. There are many here that see passed the rhetoric and want nothing to do with the extermination of Islam.

and you're right about this - but funny that you needed to point out that 'many' here see past the rhetoric

it's an antagonistic OP for sure - but he makes a very good point I think

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
People here really aren't very good at interpreting sarcasm. In case you're having trouble figuring out what my real perspective on Islam is, here's a handy link to the last thread I wrote on the subject.

We must reconcile with Islam.

What I was describing in the OP of this thread, was the opinion that I've seen expressed almost unanimously by a lot of other people here; minus the usual euphemisms and veiled appeals to an American-centric view of reality. Consider it holding up a mirror to the audience; it's something Andy Kaufman used to do a lot.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't mind other religions, whether your an Atheist, Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, Jew, Pagan, etc. Just not when people start shoving their religion down other people throats, with the act of violence, and terrorism. Religion should be based on personal faith and belief, not by fear mongering others to join their religion. I feel sorry for the ones get forced into the Islamic religion, because they didn't get the freedom of choice. Why can't we all just get along.
edit on 10-3-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Sarcasm is communicated through body language and vocal tones. Hard to interpret sarcasm with just words.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by petrus4

These are forums for debate.

No, they aren't. They're for racist, fascist, hate-filled white people to mutually congratulate each other, for holding the same opinions. I've seen the groupthink on this forum.

As I have seen it from liberal, progressive, 9/11, indigo, paranormal, conservative, Elenin, flouride threads.

So you're saying that those that don't agree with you are "racist, fascist, hate-filled white people"?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So you're saying that those that don't agree with you are "racist, fascist, hate-filled white people"?

I've seen evidence to suggest that some of them are. If you are implying that I think that, purely because they disagree with me, however, then no.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ignorance and fear...another fine example....

I know Muslims....I know an african american guy that converted a few years ago...he is not "scarey"...he just embraces that theology....

And...to make a solid point...The fundamentals of Islam have been twisted just like the fundamentals of Christianity have.

I read all theology...I am currently reading the Bhagavad-gita...very tough read...the names...oh the names!

You know Jesus said to 'turn the other cheek"...and "if a man be ignorant, let him be ignorant"

The Qur'an is not the violent war tome that most ignorant people think it is...here is a crazy thought....read it...go get one or download it and just read it. It is not what you think....it is...just like the Christian Bible...open to interpretation and when 50% or more are illiterate...they assume the person telling them what it says is telling them the truth....sad isn't it?

I am mind blown daily at the ignorance that is allowed to propagate and flourish....Just look at us and our modern evangelical movement...the preacher tells the flock "how" to interpret the bible...the same is happening in Islam...the major difference...most Christians can actually read and should read and interpret the bible as their heart tells them....the Children of Islam do not have that benefit...the are...for the most part...incapable of reading and interpreting for themselves...so they are slaves to their religious leaders...who interpret things to their advantage...no different than medieval European catholic institutions....

I am appalled at how ignorant some of our "leaders" are...they have never explored theology or philosophy...they have no way to comprehend the difference of one religion over another nor do they seek to see the similarities and thus possibly ascertain a common root....they use them as weapons of division and it is f'ing sad and dangerous.

I personally don't believe in any and yet believe in all of them...they are doctrines and documents that have molded our civilization and we need to understand where they came from and why....it is not rocket science folks but it is the foundations stones of who we are and why we are this way....
edit on 3/10/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

No, they aren't. They're for racist, fascist, hate-filled white people to mutually congratulate each other, for holding the same opinions. I've seen the groupthink on this forum.

...wait a minute

Where have you been exactly?

"hate-filled white people" as got to be the most ignorant and racist comment ever. You have no idea who is "white" if it even matters.

I think you're the person with the racist problem here.

Back on subject, non-extremist Muslims are like you and me, very nice people with respect for others and accept that others have a different religion. Extremist Muslims are like any other religion extremist, misguided and blinded from the true word of God. That word is love.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ISLAM will be the religions of peace AFTER everyone is a muslim...or dead.

Oh...wait...a shia muslim, sorry.

Oh...wait...maybe a suni, or wahabbi muslim.

I don't know, they KILL each other everytime.Peace loving ISLAM my as.s.

ISLAM can be resumed to this :

"Be a muslim or not be at all".

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

These are forums for debate.

Talk about a racist, groupthink reply.

Who do you get your talking points from? Janeane Garofalo?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I see this as a thread where if you don't agree to a certain meme or group-think, then you'll be told to stfu, be called a racist, bigot, hater, ignorant. . . . etc.

Nice!

I guess having differences of opinions are bad now.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I see this as a thread where if you don't agree to a certain meme or group-think, then you'll be told to stfu, be called a racist, bigot, hater, ignorant. . . . etc.

Nice!

I guess having differences of opinions are bad now.

Then I am a bad...bad...man.

I love it! Being out side the box is, um...refreshing.

There is a saying.

For good men to do nothing....I'm sure you've heard the rest.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Let me first state that I haven't read the thread I am merely answering the original question.

How do I feel about muslims? Well I have a good work friend and he has been muslim since bith, and he aknowledges christianity and accepts it. However his vuw is that Jesus was a prophit misunderstood for god and that Mohammed was the last prophet and god. For me he is welcome to believe that because he believes in all the good things as well and I believe that most muslims tollerate christans as merely misunderstood but following the same god. It is only the exremists who fight in the name of god that want non muslims dead.

At the end of the day Islam warrants that nobody can force somebody to believe in (allah/God_ aside from him convincing them himself. So all of those muslims who bring death t non believers will not be accepted by God in the end. God is what you make of them, God will care and help if you ask for it. Man made scriptures are designed to control, just believe in whats right and treat everybody how you would wish to be treated yourself.

I love my creator.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
nobodies talking to me tonight, i seem to kill every thread i take part in.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
nobodies talking to me tonight, i seem to kill every thread i take part in.

No, it's not your fault. This thread just got moved to the Rant forum.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join