It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama trying to disarm ALL religions except Islam?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why is it all about religion, no matter what you believe surely whater god you believe in created us all, so why set out to destroy them. I believe organised religion will be the end of us all, if only we could learn tolleration as much as we could learn the scriptures presented to us by humans 2000 years ago to tell us about god. If you want to really know about god ask them yourself and they will soon speak.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

The whole world is sucking up to Islam and bending over a barrel for it. Not just Obama.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
of course he is , there is no other logical conclusion

and since there are no checks and balances in the federal gov't, the muslim black dude will kill all the whiteys before july 4th !!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody

Originally posted by babybunnies

He's been trying to seperate Church and State, as outlined by the Constitution. The only thing the President swears to do in the oath of office is to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".

Your understanding of the Constitution is skewed by the news media and liberal bias.

In fact, if you read the actual amendment, it protects us from the establishment of a religion by the US Government, meaning no state created/mandated church, which was an issue when the document was written as a result of the Anglican church.

How can you interpret that as not separation of church and state. The president and as follows the government should totally ignore the fact that religion exists. Any thing less tend to establishment. The whole birth control thing does not affect churches - it affects their businesses. I also have a problem with tax deductions for church property - particularly when churches getting this forgiveness will not allow a church "not one of us" to build a building.

To complain that the president is not pandering to you is idiotic..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

These are all examples of false-persecution, which, unfortunately, Christians absolutely love to wave in front of the faces of everyone else. I haven't read the entire article, so I will only cover the four points you outlined. However, the truth stands that it is not Obama only sticking up for Islam; it is that Christians don't like—or can't stand—any other creed being known, or supported outside of their own. Allow me to demonstrate:

April 2008—Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren't like them.”

This is not defaming Christians at all. It is calling them out, and making them aware of, a deep-seated fault that most of them possess. Instead of demonstrating "the religion of peace," the fundamentalist Christian sects have claimed violence on Muslims, gays, Wiccans, and more while making mountains out of anthills about gun-control policies. And, much to the dismay of Christ I am sure, it is only from Christians that you find statements such as: "God Hates Soldiers!" or condemnation to Hell of individuals for being Muslim, or Buddhist, or Hindu, or atheist. Antipathy, meaning "deep-seated aversion" definitely describes the Christian mentality toward non-Christians.

August 2011—The Air Force stops teaching the Just War theory to officers in California

I am going to call this one here. It is not because it is a Christian theory, or because it was taught by chaplains. For one thing, chaplains have to be learned in all religious values and systems. Criticisms of Just War mainly state that the theory is relativisitic, implying that war is subjective. In short, the Just War theory goes against human ethics, in that it allows war and violence to be perpetrated based on subjective or unproven claims, as opposed to relying on sturdy factual implications. The problem with this, is that Christians absolutely love relativistic arguments, because that is how they can defend their bigotry, hatred, and vile attitude toward other people, and creeds.

July 2010—The Obama administration uses federal funds in violation of federal law to get Kenya to change its constitution to include abortion.

This is getting into the realm of "personal choice." Islam, as in Christianity, does not support the act of abortion. So, how this is an increase of Islam is beyond me. What's really happening here, is Biblical folks are getting all bent out of shape because Obama is giving people more personal freedom. Just as Christians hate the teaching of contraception, they also despise abortion, because it allows sex, family life, and to a smaller degree marriage to be taken out of their hands, and given to the individual choice of the people involved. The Church is an institution which remains strong and pertinent because of its ability to manipulate and control the everyday activities of Christians. People with more free choice and better education = less mindless subservient Christians = less Church authority = less money and power for the Church.

2010—While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays...

Another false-front. The Obama family celebrates Christmas. They also celebrate Easter. What is really being said here is: "Obama doesn't deny the celebrations of other religions' holy days." If, for instance, Obama said it was evil to celebrate Ramadan, or Yule, or Boxing Day then Christians would be worshiping him the way they did that lame-duck George Bush. Instead, Obama is concerned with keeping the peace through a truly open-minded mentality. So, he is letting everyone, of all faiths and creeds, know that this is America. Land of the free, where all humans of all races, nationalities, and creeds are welcome to come and settle, support, and practice in whatever tradition they desire.

It is the Christians, who do not understand the meaning of—"a wall of separation between church and state"—who see these as "personal affronts" as opposed to truly open-minded and loving interfaith activities. That has always been my problem with Christianity: they have persecution complexes which make them see anything short of national domination as "everyone is out to hurt us!"

They are immature; spiritually, ethically, and rationally.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I don't think Religion is dumb.
I just think "articles" written by Bible Prophecy are dumb.

And yes, Obama is definitely trying to ruin all religions except Islam.
It all part of his greater agenda of turning the USA into a communist country.
Everyone knows communism and Islamic religions go hand in hand.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It makes me wonder just how many people actually read the article rather than ridicule the OP... There were TONS of examples but the only ones mentioned were the ones I quoted as a taste to what was on the site.

How sad!

How can one deny ignorance when they dont even look into it to see if it holds weight or not?

Just wow ATS!

If you guys dont bother reading anything into the story, why bother responding at all?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I can see it now - just as Osama Bin Laden is about to be seriously slaughtered on the CinC's orders -

'Praise be for Barack Obama's support for Islam!'

Oh yes.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

How would he do that?

The mechanics, how could such a thing be done?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thanks for your input Scribe. I'm happy to see that you at least looked into the OP if not what the OP was based from.

There are notations citing the sources for each, but again, there are many many more listed under each heading. I only left an example of each.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

How would he do that?

Huh? What are you refering to exactly?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
As president of the UN security council obama's job is
to make sure every one who isn't in THE CLUB is
UNSECURE
everyone...
And that includs you....dear reader
edit on 14-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by rigel4

How would he do that?

Huh? What are you refering to exactly?

nvm

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You're welcome. I'd have gladly gone through multiple examples from each section, but, ATS has a character limit per post. I didn't want to clog the thread with point-by-point counter-examples. Neither did I think I needed to pick separate examples from their lists, because many of them mirror the ones you chose.

The real problem is that George Bush was a pushover for Christian America. Anything the conservative Christian right was after, Bush was sure to promote and encourage. Christians love political and cultural control. When they're allowed to mandate what is, and isn't condoned it feeds their god complex.

Obama, however, has taken the opposite stance. He has chosen not to make religion a platform of his time as president. Quite the opposite. Instead of catering to conservative Christians with rain-prayers, and laws against free speech and freedom of individuality, he is promoting people to make their own choices, follow their own beliefs, and help the country unify not under religion, but under peace and a desire to move forward as a whole.

Change was Obama's platform. Christians don't like change. That's why they use a 2000 year old book of morals, from nomadic desert bands, as a basis for modern, industrialized, cultured, national living.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

<< 1   >>

join