It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama trying to disarm ALL religions except Islam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
First I must say, by disarm, I mean just that.

Websters: Disarm - To render harmless.

I might even go as far as say "to destroy the sanctity of religion" except for Islam.

I stumbled upon a news article this morning that made me seriously wonder. I remember hearing, over the years, many things obama had done or refused to do when it came to celebrations, things that had always been done that he alone had done diffrently. It usually always turned out to be a mockery of certain organizations.

Now, before anyone starts foaming about how stupid religion is, just remember, there is a place in this country for ALL beliefs, not just the anti belief. For those of you who want to criticise religion, this is the wrong thread for you, as this topic has nothing to do with wether it's real, fake, or whatever. It is simply about obama favoring one religion over another, a contriversial one based on the recent events in our country for the past decades.

Please understand, I have nothing against Islam or Muslims. To be honest, I believe all people, all races, all creeds have a place on this earth and a right to live in peace, though I do not believe one overtaking another by any means. And yes.. I am already aware that the source for this article might put some on edge. It is from a Christian site, BUT you must realise that the sources for each point made ARE legit and are from other sources that are not Christian in origin or related to religion. They are sited FACTS based off of actions and statements made. If anyone points out "bla bla bla bla... it's from a christian site", I will point out the obvious and bring your lack of understanding to light. Every single point made has a source and is sited at the bottom of the article. Normaly I wouldnt have given it much thought, as my sources for news comes from MANY places, and some also link to christian news, which I enjoy because I do like reading about end time prophecies just to see how far off the mark they may be or how close to "possibility" it may also be. Dont judge the source if the source is factual. My point.

Anyways... Lets look at this issue now.

Obama, in his actions and words, does seem to have favor towards Islam and Muslims and little to none for all other religions that are fashioned after Chritianity and Judism. So, without further adue, here is the article. It's definatly an interesting read.. Sources do include but are not limited to Chuck Norris... (for you Norris fans) who speaks about some of the issues as well.

America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U.S. President

Points Discussed:

1. Acts of Hostility Toward People of Biblical Faith:

•April 2008—Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren't like them.”

2. Acts of Hostility from the Obama-led Military Toward People of Biblical Faith:

•August 2011—The Air Force stops teaching the Just War theory to officers in California because the course is taught by chaplains and is based on a philosophy introduced by St. Augustine in the third century AD—a theory long taught by civilized nations across the world (except America).

3. Acts of Hostility Toward Biblical Values:

•July 2010—The Obama administration uses federal funds in violation of federal law to get Kenya to change its constitution to include abortion.

4. Acts of Preferentialism for Islam:

•2010—While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.

I've included only one for each catagory, but there are many. I dont know about you folks, but just reading the information made me very upset. Seeing that the sources were credible made me just as furious.

So what gives? Why is this happening? Why are we the people letting this happen?

Many of these actions are literally unprecedented—this is the first time they have happened in four centuries of American history. The hostility of President Obama toward Biblical faith and values is without equal from any previous American president.

Personaly, I cant wait for the next election. ANYONE will be better off in the white house than this guy. He's destroying our nation bit by bit and no one seems the wiser.. least, no one is doing anything about it.
edit on 10-3-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The President isn't waging a war on any religion except Islam.

He's been trying to seperate Church and State, as outlined by the Constitution. The only thing the President swears to do in the oath of office is to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".

The trouble is that the Christian Right Wing of the GOP is so polarized at the moment that the slightest move against Christianity is seen as "anti Christian".

The Founding Fathers of the USA would be HORRIFIED at the current level of biblical influence that the GOP is trying to sell to the American public.

"the rest of the world (except America) teaches third century biblical teachings to their military"? No, they don't.
edit on 10-3-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I cant agree if he's actively showing to us that he is doing none of that. Read the outline if not the story. See for yourself. His words not mine.. His actions..

How can you believe otherwise?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Personaly, I cant wait for the next election. ANYONE will be better off in the white house than this guy. He's destroying our nation bit by bit and no one seems the wiser.. least, no one is doing anything about it.

Your note here demonstrates your inability to consider things in anything other than absolutes, which explains your interest in this ridiculous article.

Destroying the nation? All by himself? What about the policies of his predisesors? What about the filthy gamblers who run our financial systems. This absolute statement leads nowhere.
Anyone would be better then this guy? How about Mo Larry or Curley? Really? Anyone? Once again absolute statements lead to no understanding of the situation.
No one seems the wiser? Really. Are you the only one who seems privy to this situation? Come on, there are people whining all over the place about Obama. One whole powerful tv network has as its central mission his distruction.
No one is doing anything about it?"????? The entire Republican party is screaming it's bloody head off about him and doing its best to find someone who will attract more votes in 2012 and the best they can come up with is this Romney fellow.

Move this thread to Rant and it can pass as your own personal understanding of our complex political and economic situation. But here it only demonstrates the fallacy of absolute perspective.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

No... It's showing the unfairness in the White House.

I dont care if he's muslim. I dont care what he is. I care that he seems to making a mockery out of everything OTHER than muslim. If I felt the way you question me, then I would have named the title .. Obama is a muslim! Here is proof!...

Stick to the topic. Stop with the assumptions.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Instead of looking at facts.. Why do YOU people wine about how we feel about who's in control of our country. As you have stated... You act as your opinion is the only one that counts.. So, touche'?

Once again, how about contributing rather than refuting with nothing to back up your opinions. I'm showing you that there are sources, factual sources, but some of you act so blind to the point that you wont even look at the damned thing. Funny that's how half of our country thinks.

And yes.. Curly will do just fine, thank you.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Instead of looking at facts.. Why do YOU people wine about how we feel about who's in control of our country. As you have stated... You act as your opinion is the only one that counts.. So, touche'?

Once again, how about contributing rather than refuting with nothing to back up your opinions. I'm showing you that there are sources, factual sources, but some of you act so blind to the point that you wont even look at the damned thing. Funny that's how half of our country thinks.

And yes.. Curly will do just fine, thank you.

Who do you think "YOU" people are and why do you think I am one of them?
Wine is a liquid not a verb.
Who is "we", as in who is in control of our country? Why do you assume I am not concerned?

I tried to contribute to this nonsense by pointing out that it would fare better in the Rant forum than this one. However you consider that the personal ravings of these myopic authors are food for serious political discussion when the facts they offer are incidents which are open to interpretation and take on different coloring when used in contexts other than they were originally used.
Once again, take it to the Rand Forum

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oh, absolutely. Op, I never thought anyone would get it, but apparently you have. I'm so glad to see this posted. It makes so much sense, I don't see why anyone else is becoming wise to this man's plan. This man, this Christian man, is obviously trying to weaken the resolve of all the other religions out there to strengthen Islam. I thought that no one would catch on, you know. It feels good to know that we have some members who are /so/ enlightened and have /so/ much more insight into the world of fantastical truths than everyone else. I mean, what would we do if you weren't the town crier. I mean, we'd lose all religion and everyone would be wearing burkas and turbins screaming alalalalalalalalalala. In fact, I bet he wants to speed up global warming so we are living in arid type climates where desertification is a real threat. You know, I can't believe you caught this, you're such a good member OP, keep up the vigilance.

*edited because mods and op will get pissy*

Stay asleep pleb. Really, sleep walkers are dangerous as hell. You're a sleep walker. We don't need you. Not now. There are things that your small mind couldn't begin to appreciate that are in the works. The fulcrum of events is about to reveal itself. Everyone's hands are in the air at this moment...the elite, the enlightened, the superior, the inferior, the ignorant, the wise, the you, and the me. You're going to be one of those who misses their chance. I know this because you're full of hate. There are people here that can help you with that. Check out the metaphysics area, and you will find some legitimate posters who can help that hate in your heart to shrink. However, looking at your posts, I'm either getting trolled hard or looking at an incarnation of self specifically placed here to understand irrational hatred and ignorance.
edit on 10-3-2012 by TheOneElectric because: Out of pure respect for decency

edit on 10-3-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Everything is a conspiracy if you look at it from the right direction.

Be careful not to drown in despair.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Stay asleep pleb. Really, sleep walkers are dangerous as hell. You're a sleep walker. We don't need you. Not now. There are things that your small mind couldn't begin to appreciate that are in the works. The fulcrum of events is about to reveal itself. Everyone's hands are in the air at this moment...the elite, the enlightened, the superior, the inferior, the ignorant, the wise, the you, and the me. You're going to be one of those who misses their chance. I know this because you're full of hate. There are people here that can help you with that. Check out the metaphysics area, and you will find some legitimate posters who can help that hate in your heart to shrink. However, looking at your posts, I'm either getting trolled hard or looking at an incarnation of self specifically placed here to understand irrational hatred and ignorance.

Yeah TOE. Thanks, that's what I meant to say.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

True, but some things are flat out ridiculous. The OP should know better. I mean, really know better. It doesn't take a doctorate to tell that Obama isn't a muslim. This is the type of ignorance that I can't stand. Bash the man on economic policy, trade policy, international policy, Rothschild connections, g8 nonsense, or what have you, but DO NOT, DO NOT, make ignorant posts about his religion.

That pisses me off so much.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

No... It's showing the unfairness in the White House.

I dont care if he's muslim. I dont care what he is. I care that he seems to making a mockery out of everything OTHER than muslim. If I felt the way you question me, then I would have named the title .. Obama is a muslim! Here is proof!...

Stick to the topic. Stop with the assumptions.

The only people making a mockery of Christians are Christians themselves that scream and cry non stop about everyone trying to get them. Obama is a little to Christian for my taste but, at least he keeps it to himself for the most part. Christians in America seem to blaim everyone but themselves for people leaving the churches. When people see foolishess like this topic and that web site you can blame them for ignoring anything of benifit that may come from Christianity. Does Obama support seperation of church and state? I do not know but, I do know that he is smart enough to know the courts do and that wasting tax payer money fighting lawsuits that enforce the constitution is not good policy. Of course I heard all this same crap about Clinton and then Bush as well. Same # different day.
edit on 10-3-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

TextThe Founding Fathers of the USA would be HORRIFIED at the current level of biblical influence that the GOP is trying to sell to the American public.

You are correct on one point , our founding fathers would be horrified at how far the left wing Thiest baby murders have pushed there agenda down the majorities throat . You are rife with hypocrisy and have no clue as to what the founding fathers thoughts were when it came to celebration of church and state. They simply would never have it like the Vatican wants ever again . Atheists have done more damage to this country than religion would have eer thought .

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Stop blaming anything on Obama. He is just a mouthpiece, he makes NO decisions on ANYTHING. He just does what he is told.

There is only ONE religion that no one is allowed to criticize. Try it on here, you'll see.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The Air Force stops teaching the Just War theory to officers in California because the course is taught by chaplains and is based on a philosophy introduced by St. Augustine in the third century

You seriously want us to run our nation based on 3rd century religious doctrine??

Besides, Republicans believe that all wars are just if we're in them, so what's the point other than being a crybaby?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

TextThe Founding Fathers of the USA would be HORRIFIED at the current level of biblical influence that the GOP is trying to sell to the American public.

You are correct on one point , our founding fathers would be horrified at how far the left wing Thiest baby murders have pushed there agenda down the majorities throat . You are rife with hypocrisy and have no clue as to what the founding fathers thoughts were when it came to celebration of church and state. They simply would never have it like the Vatican wants ever again . Atheists have done more damage to this country than religion would have eer thought .

The founding fathers were the far left of their day. And a smart bunch knowing people had and always will try to use religion to control the masses. Of course now people have seen how easly relgion has been used and continue to regect organized relion as a tool of men. Feel free to live your life according whatever faith you follow but, forcing it on the rest of us is not going to work.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

He's been trying to seperate Church and State, as outlined by the Constitution. The only thing the President swears to do in the oath of office is to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".

Your understanding of the Constitution is skewed by the news media and liberal bias.

In fact, if you read the actual amendment, it protects us from the establishment of a religion by the US Government, meaning no state created/mandated church, which was an issue when the document was written as a result of the Anglican church.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

1. He was speaking about the middle class workers that lost their jobs due to the recession, not christians. Pretty good job taking quotes out of context, even if it was an abrasive comment to begin with.

2. All of it's principals are defined within the Geneva Convention and Protocols. I don't see where anything biblical fits into modern warfare. We don't go into foreign countries and kill all the men, boys, women, oxen and donkeys, while taking all the little girls as sex slaves do we? Or my all time favorite, Psalm 137:9 "Blessed is he who seizes their infants and dashes them upon the rocks!" Ah, nothing better than crushing baby skulls on rocks, is there?

3. Money sent was to help the campaign for the entire friggin' 206 page constitution, not to push abortion. Though it appears that monetary support may have violated the Siljander Amendment I haven't heard peep about it since around last July.

4. Interesting. I can find the White House christmas announcement right on their site. You can find the White House Christmas Specials from '10 and '09 pretty easily. As for Easter, he hosted thousands for Easter festivities, went to church, but no he didn't issue a proclamation. W didn't either in '08, '07, '06, '05, '04, '03, '02 or '01. Clinton never did either. Neither did daddy Bush. As far as I can tell, since I quit looking, no president has all the way back to Jimmy Carter.

I read the blog you linked to (By the way, don't go calling a blog a news article. That's just silly.) and there's no way I have the time, space or patience to respond to each of them. Going and checking it's sources, half of them are selectively quoted, some flat wrong, and others are just ridiculous.

So to sum up, no, these actions are not unprecedented. Some are complete fabrications, some are blatant lies, some are just the same thing that's been going on for decades but since it's Obama many conservatives have come completely unhinged or mysteriously contracted selective amnesia.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

...and also still an issue today with the evangelical movement.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join