It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens MINDBLOWING episode "The NASA Connection".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by miniatus

Get over it, Icke had a 2 minute spot (if that) on the show and did not discuss said reptiles or secret societies. Have you ever read any of his books by chance or do you just bad mouth him cuz its so easy to do so?

Don't jump to assumptions.. yes I've read some of his books, seen countless interviews.. I respect him as an intellectual, however .. he has absolutely no basis for his reptilian fantasy .. the phase where that was dreamed up sounds more like a bad acid trip.. sorry.. but that's just what it seems like.. not saying he's wrong, there could be reptile people lurking among us.. but he's given a bad foundation for believing an ounce of it..

I am over it .. I'm just saying throwing him into the mix really didn't help the credibility in MY personal opinion.. you don't have to share my opinion..

David has greatly toned down his rhetoric over the years.. it's like he had a moment in time where he was half loony and is trying to salvage a bit of his reputation by keeping it low key .. after all, he did get quite embarrassed on national television for his beliefs way back when.
edit on 3/10/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What do you expect?

NASA = Never A Straight Answer

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Good for you (and not a Christian Bale "good for you"
, most ppl run their mouths but don't read), but learn what an assumption is and what a question is, hence I asked you a question, I did not assume. Of course Ickes story begins with some other worldly, spiritual force that, according to him, has guided him to his information, research, evidence, what have you. Some people believe him, some don't, and some are on the fence. I'm the guy on the fence and your the guy that doesn't believe. Everyone has a role to play.

Toned down his rhetoric over the years? I dunno about, that, he did just publish another book, with more on the way, and I think is in HA giving a lecture. I wish I was in HA chillin on a beach

On a side note, since you bring up reptilian aliens, Ancient Aliens, and Icke, if you watch AA's show The Greys you'll see AA goes into the subject of reptilian aliens without any help from Icke

edit on 10-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
David Icke ..this also detriments the believability in my mind.. after all, he's the man that brought us the lizard/reptillian people with no evidence that now runs rampant in these forums as well..

David introduced the theory after talks with a shaman ( if I remember correctly ) and now many people on here yell OMG reptile whenever they see a glitch on their tv that makes someone's eyes briefly distort..
edit on 3/10/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

3,000 years before David Icke or any other reptilian-conspiracist have ever existed, ancient civilizations saw something that look like humanoid-reptile beings. It marked their lives so deeply and it was important enough to make them depict their images in carved reliefs, statues and even entire edifices... But waaait.....

They were all "hallucinating over fairy tales and anthropomorphizing elements of nature."

Who said that?? The same scholars who claim that Giza pyramids and other giant ancient structures, that modern cranes can't handle, were built by miserable malnourished slaves, using liana ropes, wooden cranes, obsidian blades and bamboo scaffolding...

And people have the testicles to say that David Icke is crazy??
edit on 3/10/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
They start with the assumption that "everything has something to do with Aliens" and then try and persuade their viewers to their point of view. It's incredibly bad journalism. .

You have to realize it's not journalism or anything close.

These kinds of shows make money by guaranteeing advertisers an audience who will believe ANYthing.

Look at the ads. From them you can follow the money... and then the editorial guidance.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
NASA says that has no knowledge of the existence of intelligent alien civilizations, but carries out a Freemason ritual on the Moon to invoke Osiris from Orion???

Seriously, give me a break!!! Don't insult peoples intelligence!

Dang, now i've got to go clean the orange juice off my screen again. But thanks for the
involuntary guffaw moment.

Cynics will say that shows like this one insult your intelligence.

Try once and awhile considering the rational counter-arguments. Just to stretch your mind.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that NASA's David Morrison now has a new job? He's the new director of SETI's Carl Sagan Institute.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Absolutely correct AnunnakiBastard!

You collect one Flag and a dozen of stars, only by me, in this thread!

edit on 10-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

And once again there is no proof of your claims. There is simply an anachronistic interpretation of ancient culture and iconography. Just because you and others interpret it one way does not make it fact. Instead of repeating what you saw on a show maybe you should actually provide evidence for the claims. Where's the proof that von Braun was initiated into the Egyptian Mysteries? Where's the proof of an occult ritual being performed on the Moon? I've noticed that AAT followers are quick to label someone as close-minded or one of the sheeple. The truth is though they are just as indoctrinated as the rest of humanity. They're simply following a different paradigm. As long as their religious leaders, who have names like Childress and von Daniken, say something they take it at face value and don't bother to do the actual research behind those claims. I ask again, where are the proof for all these claims you're making that aren't this episode or in a book by the one making the claim?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Who called who a sheeple in this thread? If you really wanna know about the proof the AA show claims then send them an email, I'm sure they'll love to hear from you.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Seriously, give me a break!!! Don't insult peoples intelligence!

It's certainly implied in comments like that. Furthermore, why should I have to email them? If they were actually interested in spreading the truth they would actually include the proof when they make their claims. And the fact that you don't want to see the proof validates everything I just said. You're happy to blindly believe whatever an AAT proponent claims because it corresponds with your worldview. That's pretty much the definition of a sheeple.

It's quite clear that the people that run this show aren't actually interested in any form of truth. All they care about is making money. This is obvious from the fact that once again Aldrin's claims get edited to make it sound like he saw aliens when he was in space. Every time this subject comes up in an interview with Aldrin he explains that when he says UFO he doesn't mean alien. He has even gone on record saying that he is 99.9% certain of what he saw. Yet, every time someone is making a show about aliens and they interview Aldrin they edit out the facts of his statement. And do you know why? Because panels from a stage of the rocket doesn't make good TV. Aliens do. That's all there is to it. People on this site keep touting Ancient Aliens as some paragon of truth but it's clear from instances like this one that it is no different from any other show. It has an agenda and it will lie and alter the truth in order to move their agenda forward.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

While it would be foolish to discount the existence of extraterrestrials there is absolutely no proof they have visited Earth.

So you haven't engaged with the subject then.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Any evidence is circumstantial. A few times in the past I have made my views regarding the ET hypothesis known, but I guess I can do it again. Personally, I find the ET hypothesis to be the worst thing to ever happen to ufology. What started out as a group of people trying to turn this interesting mystery into a legitimate field of science has now become a New Age religion. Instead of actually trying solve the mystery people are now starting with the premise that these objects are aliens, with no real proof, and are pretty much trying to outcrazy their contemporaries.

The truth is that the ET hypothesis is just as weak an explanation as any other hypothesis that has been put forward. For one it pretty much ignores all cases of high strangeness. I personally find Keel's ultraterrestrial hypothesis and Vallee's extradimensional hypothesis to be the most satisfying. However, even these fail to actually provide empirical evidence for their claims. On top of that even if such phenomena were proven to exist it does not mean that they visited ancient man and influenced his progress.

This actually brings up a key problem with Ancient Aliens' methodology. Before one can even begin to hypothesize that aliens visited humans in the past one must first prove aliens are visiting us now. This has not been done. On top of basing their conclusion on an unproven premise they also established their conclusion before doing any kind of data collection. If you believe that aliens visited ancient man and you go out looking for evidence to support this you're going to find it. However, you're going to ignore the evidence that contradicts your predrawn conclusion. This is known as a confirmation bias and AAT is riddled with them.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It was an interesting episode, although only the freemasonry stuff was news to me. I'm glad they didn't spin anything that was said by Story Musgrave, Buzz Aldrin, or Seth Shostak far out of context as they don't believe in Ancient Aliens as I understand it.

But I was never really into the freemason stuff. The points made in this episode about it were interesting, maybe it all really was symbolic stuff. But I didn't see the clear connection with ancient aliens. Maybe all the freemasonry stuff is just sort of a signature they like to do, like a "freemasons were here" type thing, and there is no conspiracy to it?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Implied or are you just assuming? And yeah, email someone or do your own research instead of asking the OP where's AA proof? Like he has their "proof".

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The question I'm asking is why believe in AAT if they don't supply their proof? That is the definition of being a blind follower. Also known as a sheeple. For the most part the people that buy into conspiracy theories are no different than the people that follow the MSM that they constantly mock. The only difference is instead of blindly following people like Glenn Beck and Anderson Cooper they are blindly following people like David Icke and Richard Hoagland. And that's why conspiracy theories will never gain any kind of legitimate support. Instead of people doing their own research they simply follow the word of people whose livelihood depends on churning out more books and doing more lectures. Eventually these authors are going to run out of actual research so they need to start making up claims in order to sell more books and keep the money flowing. Unfortunately by the time this point arrives they will have a group of indoctrinated followers that will believe everything they say even if it is patently false.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You do realize the AA is just a THEORY, you know, the Ancient Alien theory. There's plenty of "proof" out there to give to the idea aliens do exist and aliens don't exist. Figure out what you believe in and go from there. Stop waiting on the History channel or ATS posters to prove anything to you. Waste of time.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

And once again there is no proof of your claims. There is simply an anachronistic interpretation of ancient culture and iconography. Just because you and others interpret it one way does not make it fact. Instead of repeating what you saw on a show maybe you should actually provide evidence for the claims. Where's the proof that von Braun was initiated into the Egyptian Mysteries? Where's the proof of an occult ritual being performed on the Moon? I've noticed that AAT followers are quick to label someone as close-minded or one of the sheeple. The truth is though they are just as indoctrinated as the rest of humanity. They're simply following a different paradigm. As long as their religious leaders, who have names like Childress and von Daniken, say something they take it at face value and don't bother to do the actual research behind those claims. I ask again, where are the proof for all these claims you're making that aren't this episode or in a book by the one making the claim?

The proof is in the pudding, my friend. You should taste it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would think they would have asked Aldrin about the whole breaking bread ritual. If it wasn't true it doesnt seem like he would agree to be on the show

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
One thing that bugs me about the moon landing. How did they get all of the camera angles especially N. Armstrong coming off the lander with one small step. That is what is funny to me is every camera angle is perfect. When I try to take a picture of the family, I have a hard time keeping everything in frame. These astronauts are amazing with their ability on keeping the camera pointing at them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join