It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens MINDBLOWING episode "The NASA Connection".

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This series producer just put out the word that they wanted to contact Martyn Stubbs, to access his NASA video Archives. So that can only mean they.. are going to follow up this great A.A. 1st NASA show, with a massive STS video study of all his UFO footage. They will do a bang up job... I hope!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
This series producer just put out the word that they wanted to contact Martyn Stubbs, to access his NASA video Archives. So that can only mean they.. are going to follow up this great A.A. 1st NASA show, with a massive STS video study of all his UFO footage. They will do a bang up job... I hope!

Not to doubt your word, but where did they put that word out, and how does one send them help in making contact?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

No visits in the past huh... what about the mines they found down in Africa that were like 200,000 yrs old?

I guess Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty were smarter then we thought...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Boogeyman1976

I suppose for the self same reasons Christianity is pushed so hard in here, people can feel something very big coming, and they are sorely afraid. When one is scared, other scared people make for good company. Humanity is in the process of waking up, I for one am very curious at to which way they will go when fully awake.

Am kind of thinking and feeling that too, and the way people are arguing lately just kind of adds to the tension. Something is surely going to be revealed soon, and I just hope things turn out well for us and it's not some false flag crap.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

No visits in the past huh... what about the mines they found down in Africa that were like 200,000 yrs old?

I don't know... what about them? I've not heard of this. I'm sure you have a reliable, qualified source that can be linked, yes?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

I don't know... what about them? I've not heard of this. I'm sure you have a reliable, qualified source that can be linked, yes?

Here you go... google.com
do some research and find it yourself...

I am not here to do your research for you. If you want to know the information is there. All you have to do is look.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I am not here to do your research for you. If you want to know the information is there. All you have to do is look.

Not my job to research your claims.

I was genuinely interested too.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Okay then anyone genuinely interested would do the research...

Just go to google.com and type in 200000 year old mines found in Africa... Honestly I do not see what's so hard about that...

How the Site was dated

Once the ruins were examined, the researchers were anxious to place the lost civilization in a historical perspective. The rocks were covered with a patina that looked very old but there were no items sufficient for carbon-14 dating. It was then that a chance discovery revealed the age of the site, and sent a chill down the spine of archaeologists and historians!

Realizing that sites of abandoned ancient mines may indicate where gold could be found, South Africa's leading mining corporation, the Anglo-American Corporation, in the 1970s engaged archaeologists to look for such ancient mines. Published reports (Optima) detail the discovery in Swaziland and other sites in South Africa of extensive mining areas with shafts to depths of fifty feet. Stone objects and charcoal remains established dates of 35,000, 46,000, and 60,000 B.C. for these sites. The archaeologists and anthropologists who joined in dating the finds believed that mining technology was used in south- ern Africa "during much of the period subsequent to 100,000 B.C."

In September 1988, a team of international physicists came to South Africa to verify the age of human habitats in Swaziland and Zululand. The most modern techniques indicated an age of 80,000 to 115,000 years.

For lazy people... link

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Okay then anyone genuinely interested would do the research...

Just go to google.com and type in 200000 year old mines found in Africa... Honestly I do not see what's so hard about that...

How the Site was dated

Once the ruins were examined, the researchers were anxious to place the lost civilization in a historical perspective. The rocks were covered with a patina that looked very old but there were no items sufficient for carbon-14 dating. It was then that a chance discovery revealed the age of the site, and sent a chill down the spine of archaeologists and historians!

Realizing that sites of abandoned ancient mines may indicate where gold could be found, South Africa's leading mining corporation, the Anglo-American Corporation, in the 1970s engaged archaeologists to look for such ancient mines. Published reports (Optima) detail the discovery in Swaziland and other sites in South Africa of extensive mining areas with shafts to depths of fifty feet. Stone objects and charcoal remains established dates of 35,000, 46,000, and 60,000 B.C. for these sites. The archaeologists and anthropologists who joined in dating the finds believed that mining technology was used in south- ern Africa "during much of the period subsequent to 100,000 B.C."

In September 1988, a team of international physicists came to South Africa to verify the age of human habitats in Swaziland and Zululand. The most modern techniques indicated an age of 80,000 to 115,000 years.

For lazy people... link

The dating "methodology" is dubious, but interesting story nonetheless.

Derp moment... when you said "mines" in the context of alien visitation, I was thinking in terms of explosive devices. Gold mines... a lot more believable.

However, considering most of our historical technological advances have occurred in the past 150 years, I would say there has been more than enough time for the rise and fall of a great many technological civilizations.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
When does the new episode air?

Can hardly wait to see what the NEXT EPISODE is about and how juicy it is!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

True... IMO, as well as many, we are only repeating what has been done in the past. That's also why I believe our planet was nothing more than a huge mine we got stuck on while stripping it for its resources...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
When does the new episode air?
Can hardly wait to see what the NEXT EPISODE is about and how juicy it is!

Tonight. Here's the sell:

This episode investigates Bolivia's 14,000 year-old Puma Punku ruins where an ancient civilization constructed sophisticated and intricately carved blocks that inter-lock together, and suggests the site was not built and inhabited by humans, but by advanced extraterrestrials.

Sounds pretty standard stuff. Next week: Bigfoot.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Boogeyman1976

I suppose for the self same reasons Christianity is pushed so hard in here, people can feel something very big coming, and they are sorely afraid. When one is scared, other scared people make for good company. Humanity is in the process of waking up, I for one am very curious at to which way they will go when fully awake.

Am kind of thinking and feeling that too, and the way people are arguing lately just kind of adds to the tension. Something is surely going to be revealed soon, and I just hope things turn out well for us and it's not some false flag crap.

Not all of "humanity" needs to wake up, just the believers. But that is an impossibility. Humanity cannot wake up on its own. There has to be a radical event such as every believer going to sleep at the same time all over earth and their brains/minds reprogrammed to become clear thinkers or, skeptics/atheists. I'm a skeptic/atheist and I am fully awake and I operate on all cylinders with no one affecting my thinking. My brain/mind is 100% mine and is not under anyone's control as believers are. When you believe in fantasies such as what religions are and when you believe that a Jesus really existed and walked on water, performed miracles, brought the dead back to life including himself, you will never "wake up".

When you believe in extraterrestrials from vast distances away, when you believe same ETs are abducting people, when you believe in "disclosure," when you believe, period, you are not your own person. Your brain/mind is someone else's property.

edit on 17-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct reply.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I tell you at least 2 compilation of Hindu scriptures that depict their crafts, fuel, technology, weapon and even war tactics: The Samarangana Sutradhara and the Vaimanika-shastra, these are technical books. The Mahabharata is more poetic-oriented but perfectly depicts nuclear blasts and radioactive fallout.

Your first book is a treatise on architecture, the second one was written in the 20th Century, and the third makes no reference at all to anything resembling any nuclear technology.

Other than that, you're almost right.

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Seriously, give me a break!!! Don't insult peoples intelligence!

Your post does exactly this.

Harte

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

If you base your identity on being the opposite of something, that's not clear thinking nor is it being fully awake. No one affecting your thinking.... being in reaction to other's thinking isn't free.

If "they" didn't exist, how would you be an atheist? You wouldn't be. You are what you are because of them, you're dependent. So no, it's not 100% yours and that's your choice.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

The dating "methodology" is dubious,

Understatement of the year.

From the linked site:

The next calculation was presented by a master archaeoastronomer who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of ridicule by the academic fraternity. His calculation was also based on the rise of Orion and suggested an age of at least 75,000 years. The most recent and most acurate calculation, done in June 2009, suggests an age of at least 160,000 years, based on the rise of Orion -- flat on the horizon -- but also on the erosion of dolerite stones found at the site.

Some pieces of the marker stones had been broken off and sat on the ground, exposed to natural erosion. When the pieces were put back together about 3 cm of stone had already been worn away. These calculation helped assess the age of the site by calculating the erosion rate of the dolerite.

Also from the site:

The Earth wobbles on its axis and so the stars and constellations change their angle of presentation in the night sky on a cyclical basis. This rotation, called the precession completes a cycle about every 26,000 years.

The precession is cyclical. Even if this "alignment" was supposed to be with Orion, and even if they actually found the right stone, and even if they actually put it back to the correct depth (all of which are actual fantasy, by the way,) why go back 8 precession cycles?

If Orion's belt has ever been "flat on the horizon" - and, as I recall when I looked into this several years ago, it hasn't - then it would have been "flat on the horizon" twice in each precession cycle.

If you look at Orion, it's belt is almost flat with the Southern horizon today. But this idiot website would have us believe that it has been flat with the Eastern horizon in the past. That would neccesitate that the Earth's "wobble" is almost 90 degrees!

Of course, that's simply not the case.

Regarding ancient gold mines, the oldest one found to date dates back to sometime in the 3000- 4000 BCE time period.

Regarding ancient gold usage, evidence shows gold "mining" could have been around maybe a thousand years before that, based on gold artifacts found in graves.

Of course, gold can be found laying on the ground and in stream beds so the term "mining" must be used loosely.

Sorry, there's no such thing as a 200,000 year old (or whatever) gold mine.

If you continue on the website to subsequent pages, it get worse and worse until it has morphed in to Sitchista territory - making his bogus claims right there on the site. Even to the extent of claiming the supposedly ancient site (actually cattle corrals of fairly recent vintage) was referred to by Sumerian texts as the Abzu - a complete and utterly purposeful mistranslation and misrepresentation of the meaning of that word.

Nuff said?

Harte

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
reply to post by The Shrike

If you base your identity on being the opposite of something, that's not clear thinking nor is it being fully awake. No one affecting your thinking.... being in reaction to other's thinking isn't free.

If "they" didn't exist, how would you be an atheist? You wouldn't be. You are what you are because of them, you're dependent. So no, it's not 100% yours and that's your choice.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

Being an atheist is not the opposite of something, that something being beliefs which are created by the mind. Atheist is just a descriptive term. Everyone is born an atheist and it is during growing up that the young, impressionable minds are brought in line with whoever is controlling the child such as religious parents. You see this on TV all the time. A child is born free of beliefs until they are imprinted. A child doesn't reject gods/deities, a child simply has no idea what they are until driven into a child's mind.

I'm a rarity 'cause even famous self-proclaimed atheists are not 100% ahteists because they don't understand themselves. I've heard atheists use the phrase "I believe...". That is something that is not in my vocabulary. Search my threads and replies and you'll never see me say "I believe...". But in order to understand me you'd have to be like me!

From Wikipedia:
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2][3] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[3][4] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[5][6] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[6][7]

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Can we get an answer to this open question, please?

Originally posted by JimOberg

Not to doubt your word, but where did they put that word out, and how does one send them help in making contact?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Can we get an answer to this open question, please?

Maybe this post on the ufomagazine forum.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim...I just googled Martyn Stubbs & looked under 'most recent'...& there it was listed..I went some forum & bingo, I see the producers message & name.
Also I am not closed minded about your points of view...some things are bang on...some... !!
(some are merely tautology)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join