It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of Jobs in the UK!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Im the dumbass?? Thats funny because I have at least 5 letters regarding these back to work sessions, that tell me IT IS COMPULSARY OR MY BENEFIT WILL BE STOPPED. Can you explain that?

Also these sessions aren't for young people, theres job seekers of all ages that attend, can you explain that?

Now really...I receive £67.50 per week benefit?? Have you taken into account that I am only 20 and my benefit will not rise from £53.45 to that amount untill I am 25?? (also its the under 25s suffering unemployment the most so you will find, logically, most people are paid MY amount)

Errr Durrrr someone needs to do there homework

Also, They do NOT PAY MY RENT because I DO NOT have a frigging property.

Free this, discounted what??? Im sorry, how am I meant to survive on £50 a week again? Im currently staying with friends and offer them £30 a week for some keep....Tell me how far you can make £23 stretch??? Its £3.80 on the buses every day!!

If I really wanted a job I would have got one by now?? Sorry Dude but did you miss the point of my rant? I've only been out of work for 3 weeks, and received one payment! So far they havent even paid me back a dent in the tax I've paid! Unfortunatley I know what its like to be a job seeker because since I've left school all 6 of my jobs have been temporary and I have completed 2 NVQS.

So your GF is jobcentre worker, thats why shes paid £8.10.....those are their own sessions they hold and not the ones I was reffering to that are those hosted BY OUT SIDE WORKERS AND COMPANIES.

Ask your girlfriend about all this then come back too me you dumbass,

Oh, and Mr. Know it all....Im a chick not a dude....

ETA: "My sence of entitlement??? Im sorry did I ask for more handouts or did I ask for a job?????

You've just made your self look a complete an utter idiot.
My question to you: If you or you GF lost your job tomorow, your telling me you would'nt need the suppport of JSA?

edit on 10-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Never argue with a girl with a Nemi Avatar.
It is folly.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Alternatively , you can work for yourself ! , like online marketing ?

Here's a great site warrior forum
edit on 12-3-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Weyyheyy!!

You'd be amazed how many Nemi fans I've found on ATS lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

Thanks, Ill check that out now...although I dont think I have what its takes to self employ at the minute tho...I mean I'd have to really know what Im doing lol....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Your welcome

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey sinny have you ever thought of oil rigs? They're often taking on, no experience needed and you can expect to start on £30k plus for sweeping the floor! Usually a two or three week rotation. Say two or three weeks on rig then two weeks off.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There ARE jobs out there, but the problem is many of them are for vastly more experienced candidates, or personal circumstances rule them out.
For example, in my area, there are many jobs going within letting agents and estate agents. I'd go for them but you need to drive, and I've never so much as taken a test. The only way to over come that, is to get a job and take lessons then get a car. But I can't do that without a job. And the cycle continues.
There is also the issue of having a young child. I've said this before in another thread, but my main concern is my child, he comes first. Getting him to pre-school and picking him up, I have a window of about 3 hours a day to work, and no company is going to be willing to employ me for that short a time per day.
Then we also have the fact that I have been out of work for so long now, people take that into consideration as a factor AGAINST why someone shouldn't even be granted an interview.

The job market SUCKS mega horse balls at the moment, but if you're a position where you don't need to be picky, surely anything is better than nothing?

Hotels, residential homes, schools and businesses always need cleaners and stuff like that. That's something I'm considering at the moment, purely because its a few hours a week, and it would be better on my CV to say I did something, rather than nothing.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I can see where your coming from. It's hard when you have kids to look after and rightly so we put them first. My wife manages to work 3 days a week around my shifts, but that's only because she dropped down from full time after her maternity and they (luckily) let her pick her hours. If she'd gone to another employer with that arrangement they would have chased her out of the building!

Any more than 3 days is counter productive because of the extortionate cost of child care.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Ohhh that sounds interesting

What should I do, just google it? lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I hear you! I actually haven't got a child yet, but I know many friends you your predicament!

And not having a car just cuts all the jobs out there by half!!

I really am trying everything I know to find work...hence the the mini rant I had at the guy who was all self righteous and high on his horse lol.

I can honestly say, as long as it pays min wage and Im able to do it...Ill apply for it...

The only Job I refuse to apply for is "care worker" not because Im selfish, I would really love to do that kind of work, I've got all the time in the world for the elderly, ill and handicapped.....its just the not so nice bits...like cleaning up mess I really cant handle!! Not by choice, but seriously I cant clean my cats mess without gagging, or look at my own vomit, because it makes me vomit more!! My acid reflux doesnt help the matter!....its a shame because I would still like to offer them my service in any other manner

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join