It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Tornado in Hawaii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

If that wasn't enough, that supercell spawned an EF0 tornado, producing damage from the Enchanted Lakes area of Kailua to Lanikai on Oahu. The brief tornado was on the ground only about 1.5 miles, and had an average width of only 20 yards. Dating to 1950, this was only the 41st documented tornado in the Hawaiian Islands!

weather.com

Actually, 41 seems a lot more then I thought.

They also had golfball sized hail.

Hawaii would be an easy place to be a storm chaser though. XD

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Not in peak hour it wouldnt hahaha, but yeah it wouldnt be to hard coz they'd only pop up in a few places just setup a deck chair and wait for it to land lol, though discovery couldnt really make a show about that haha

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

*laughs* Hawaiian storm chasers would be a 10 minute episode.

Granted, it was barely bigger then a dust devil, but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

seriously though, I find it pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is something that needs to be flagged (did), besides any comment. People should pay attention to a clear message sent by Mother Earth. Pointless to discuss what is so evident. Be prepared.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Dang it, you beat me!

I was busy typing and looking for other sources while you got your post in quick.
edit on 10-3-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: clarified

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There is legend that the Kahunas (shamen) used to conjure up water spouts, from the island of Molokai, to steer away ships and sailors that might harm the Hawaiian people.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I am sorry.

But I have had that happen to me probably 25 times.

when you see it your like; DOH!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Oh interesting. I love local legends. Thanks for that.

Too bad they didn't conjure up a big one when the US took it as a state.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Come on...
They are rare but not unusual.

I live in denmark where we don't get tornado's, but they sometimes do show up if the conditions are right.

F0 to F1
They show up if the conditions are there, and can hit allmost anywhere on the planet, not in the size of US tornados, but still they can be pretty damaging.

Interesting but nothing to be alarmed of.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I find it unusual because I figured with a string of small islands in the middle of the ocean would make a tornado completely impossible.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Dang it, you beat me!

I was busy typing and looking for other sources while you got your post in quick.

I have the same problem sometimes. Dang that slow computer of mine!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You are right..

But it happened before, so therefor i don't see it as unusual, just rare.

He made it sound like, " now they will show up more often, and start to get bigger".

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Rare or not, there has been a lot of strange events in the pass few weeks around there. There cloudy discharge in Kewalo Basin come from some storm drain. But it has been stop now, noises and rubles who knows what the heck is going one. I live in VA so I should not really care.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

It's not just this one, if you noticed, there are so many unusual events lately. I won't make a list, but you must accept earth weather has been changing. Here in NJ we didn't have winter, we used to have it every year....you know.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I know.
20 years ago i boarded my first ship as a sailor, it was in the middel of winter.
I remember the ships i sailed was fighting through sea ice meters thick every winter for at least 10 years in northern europe.
That sea ice slowly disapeard during the next 10 years, and now you never see sea ice anymore.

Things are changing, but i still keep my head clear, and don't jump to conclusion, and try to see it as the earths weather cycle.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Probably these changes are all good. Mother Earth wouldn't make a mistake, but we seem to lack of capacity to go with the flow. Maybe for that reason, she has been gently and changing things slowly. Definitely, our planet is a living being.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There were water spouts on a few occasions almost 2 weeks ago and a wicked F1 on Kauai last Friday. My prayers go out to the locals-they are unaccustomed to this.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
An old high school friend of mine posted pictures on FB. Pictures of the hail and strong winds.
Really strange, not the ideal time to be on vacation there.

top topics

join