It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silva Method......anyone try this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm looking into the issue of intuition development, and the most successful example of this being promoted as a professional product/service is this Silva Method. Have any of you tried this course, and if so, what were your experiences with it? I'm not here to debate it as a method or a learning course. I'm really trying to better understand it by way of getting feedback from people who have actually taken the course.

It does state that approximately 10% of those who take the course receive no benefit from it at all, so there is a failure rate that is acknowledged up front. What I really want to know is what can objectively be cited as a direct result of having performed the exercises and what the effort involved (overall, not specifically) to achieve the success that was achieved.

Yes, I'm considering taking on the course as part of my own personal research into the nature of human consciousness. I realize that it can only provide a subjective experience, but I do have my own plans for verifying whatever can be objectively verified.

Thanks ahead of time for whatever honest personal 1st hand accounts this thread receives.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
ive watched the dvd but never fully grasped it, and therefore never put it into practice. must have another look. ive been reading eckhart tolle's the power of now with some sucess if you havent read it i urge you too.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

hi,ive read the silva method book,about a year ago,from the book i did the meditations,counting from 100 to 1 then 50 to 1,then 20 to 1,sometimes after i was finished counting in meditation i just didnt count and meditated on thoughtlessness,after about 2 weeks my 3rd eye opened,i had viberations on my forhead and saw energy with eyes closed,one time i woke up with a sore throat,seeing that i was still very sleepy i meditated that the pain was being washed away with energy,i swallowd again and there was no pain,other times i tried to heal myself it didnt work lol,i head my wife from bad headache once,it really wasnt consistent but i didnt keep it up,i abandoned it,maybe i needed to go on the course for support so that i would give it a better effort,at the moment i just meditate everyday,do kundalini yoga,qigong,i thinking that when one has all his chakras open and functioning properly and all his chi channels open the silva method would really work very well,thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

i can also send you the book and the dvds of the silva course if you would like to save some money,i can send you the book and videos in dropbox,its free to download,i just pop the vids into a file,and you open the file in dropbox and take out the vids and watch them on your computer,easy peasy.
edit on 10-3-2012 by lucid365 because: mistake

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have a friend who highly recommends it. And its good material to read, even try. Its just that what I do is adapt things and tend to do it my way.

There is a lot of free material they send you to try out first to see if this something that will appeal to you as a regular meditational experience.

Now an alternative method is to listen to binaurals, and to find free Hypnosis Scripts, there are some online, and some for sale, or CD's, scripts for induction, deepening, and scripts for a number of things, including, how to write your own, which after reading some of the scripts which range from crude to more complex, you can adapt your own and become quite flexible.

Then use audacity to record your self hynposis, with binaural beats in the background, and create a 30 minute - 3 hour type sessions.

For pain management. They use hypnosis to block the nerves getting through on back pain, dental. Healing, both biofeedback, or co-creational type, but also connecting to Higher Self, or Super Consciousness. For past life regression, inbetween lives, and finding life purpose, things that can range from light trance to very deep.

Some have been healed by their Higher Consciousness, when they started to learn where the condition came from.

I personally enjoy the Monroe Institute Waves, however, they're short, and so far havn' had time stretch and give a time slip, so really like Free Form, the shorter ones are just warm ups really, to train yourself and then you need to extend that period in a free form.

Deep meditation and deep trance, as in hypnotherapy is very similar, and healings can occur.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A few years ago my son brought me home a boxful of Silva CD's from a yard sale.
Thanks for reminding me! I forgot I had them and I know it's exactly what I need.
I love the Silva Method.

They have several different programs depending upon what your goal is. I practiced
SIlva Ultramind ESP system a few years ago and I liked it a lot. I haven't practiced
the daily exercises in awhile but I find myself using it all the time in my meditation.
It helps me to more quickly go into theta. Silva teaches you to go into theta quickly,
and once there the belief is you have access to other knowledge, other parts of your
(universal) mind that you don't otherwise. I've also used it for long distance healing
(with a 90% success rate) and for finding lost items....and pets!

I recently moved to a different apartment about 2 miles away. I had lived in my previous
apartment for about 7 years. I have a couple of cats and the day of the move one of the
cats, Clovis, got a little freaked out and climbed up inside the box spring of a mattress.
The movers didn't know he was in there but when they got to my new place, Clovis
jumped out and ran away. I was sick with worry. He's five years old and I had him since
he was 2 months old. I only recently started letting him go outside and now he was
in a completely strange neighborhood to boot. He had never been to my new apartment so
I kept going back to my old house to see if he might have somehow found his way back there.
I started focusing on him when I'd meditate and at different times throughout the day,
intentionally trying to send him a signal to let him know where I was. Then I dreamt he found
me and came home. A few nights ago I woke up about 2:30am and couldn't get back to sleep
so I got on my computer and was surfing the net when I hear this meowing right outside my
door. I opened the door and there was Clovis!!

Was it the Silva Method that brought him home to me? I'll never know for sure. Cat's
are funny, psychic creatures. Or maybe the explanation is as simple as Clovis picking
up on my scent. But personally I believe my focused intention had something to do with
it.

So yes, I would highly recommend the Silva Method. They also have a wonderful meditation
called The Long Relax that is used in all their courses. It's sort of like the foundation of the
course. The CD's usually start out with a speaker who gives several presentations. Each
presentation is concluded with a specific mental exercise/meditation. Seems like each
one needs to be practiced for several days or week before you move on to the next one.
You also practice first thing when you wake up and last thing when you go to sleep. ESP is
just like a muscle. You have to keep working it to make it stronger.

Silva has different programs depending upon your goal. They offer courses in ESP, speed
learning, habit control, advanced intuition, healing yourself, getting help from the
other side, etc. Meditation and mind training are fabulous tools and Silva is a great place
to start.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid365

A lot of material is already available on torrent sites.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

There is free information they send you, and that might be OK on torrents, but would not recommend other than that with current laws. This is their business, and one of the reasons I don't really get into this, is the same as for the Monroe, its very costly. So are LDL hypnotherapy sessions, unless you can find less expensive workshops.

That is why researching as much as you can freely, and possibly purchasing a book or two, and researching how to create your own methods, your own protocol, there are many online scripts and even in depth books that take you through script making, online tutorials with audacity and similar programs, online free binaurals, isotopes, and sounds that can be layered, open copyrighted, nature sounds, bells, chimes, its possibly to create your own version.

Because, basically all of it, whether one uses The Silva Method, or Monroe, or LDL hypotherapy, its ALL, self hypnosis, meditation, and usually involves binaurals.

Being creative yourself is always more fun, you learn how to go deeper and if you have a list of questions for your consciousness and tape the session, you maybe surprised from time to time, if you ask your Expanded Consciousness to speak through.

I think you can program your consciousness to lift the veil on astral projection, lucid dreaming, look at root causes of ailments, past life, in between life, life purpose, healing, helping others, work that you should be doing, etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Upon further investigation, ALL the Silva Method material is available online (on torrent sites). Yay!

edit on 10-3-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I would recommend one start to find ways to explore any of these, and if you do the Silva, be flexible.

Here is the thing, we're not from earth, some trapped longer, some come back in body or some form, at different times, but people are here for the upgrade.

And the ways to grow and learn, so distorted and coded here, that cause so much wars, and pain, hardship.

This is all wrong. For we are to learn in joy, with happiness as the key, and when we unlock those gates with those keys, we progress faster than we can imagine. For example, our dna currently is 2 strings, instead of the 12 strings. And in the past, before Atlantis, with Lemuria, an era long ago earth time, 12 string was the case. Now I don't know fully about the dna, as its been expressed by the regressions, currently reading Dolores Cannon's book, the Three Waves Of Volunteers And The New Earth, and its mainly just one regression after another.

What happens though is this opens windows. Now the most interesting part is the part about (some of us) being children of the Sun, the real sun that shines in the sky during the day, nothing coded to saturn. Now this of course is joined, all stars joined, to the great central sun. Home.

When this account of Lemuria was given, to locate this would be to say it was a great continent, its eastern shores, roughly where Hawaii is now, with Hawaii being a remaining part, of this, going up to Japan, and again parts of Japan, to California, and the Baja, and also I would see that in the Cascadia region this would also be parts of lemuria under North America, for when the plates went down, the other was rising and it got stuck.

Hawaiian, and Sonara valley, Mexico, even possibly Bella Coola Natives, with their Hawaiin, pictorgraphs.

And when I was taking a break, grabbing some coffee, inner ideas sprung up too, from the dna, being really important, healing right now, raising frequency, that I was skilled at this (though don't have a clue what nonsense this was or where it was coming from), and while I understand letting the sun in the corners of our eyes and sungazing at dawn or dusk when there is no UV, it is also SONG. Our souls have a song, and we need to sing to our own DNA, give ourselves permissions.

Give ourselves permissions to heal, talk to ourselves, and remind ourselves that we are meant to be healthy, and meant to learn in joy, and that simply holding that knowledge, of healing, of allowing light within, emitted by our cells to repair and do their jobs, to give up and yeild in positive ways our blocks to growth, waking up, healing emotionally, growing in grace, (so many want it to be a painful route, but instead we need to start choosing joy, and happiness for self and everyone, and let go of grievances), is saying yes to our own Self, and to learning in joy, healing and removign blocks, singing to our own DNA.

Anyway, floodgates start to open.

And holding it, even if you don't do a great mission, just hodling awareness and having knowledge, puts it all in the global consciousness, or the Source Field, or earth's magnetic field, and it becomes available to all.

Even our families and genetics, nothing is by accident, for example my older sons, have the Bella Coola and Lemurian roots, and are here to assist, even if blocked at this point, and it shows in their genetics, along with my own nordic, and recall of a planet further out, and crafts watching over us always. And the Sonora Valley, just feel very drawn to those people, someone they were always watched over and a part of a greater council that oversaw everything and I believe form the sun as well.

So connecting within reading anything about spirit, and people's memories, and using any method to tap into consciousness, and for healing, in between life recall, having that veil lift is all good.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid365

i can also send you the book and the dvds of the silva course if you would like to save some money,i can send you the book and videos in dropbox,its free to download,i just pop the vids into a file,and you open the file in dropbox and take out the vids and watch them on your computer,easy peasy.
edit on 10-3-2012 by lucid365 because: mistake

hmmm

That sounds pretty good. U2U me and let me know what I need to do in tandem.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I used to put together my own self-hypnosis cassettes back in the 80s, and worked with them for years. I found them to be very helpful and one of them might have been the key to eliminating a severe stutter that I'd had since learning to talk. If you've ever seen the movie The King's Speech, that was exactly the stutter that I suffered with, and mine included physical twitches and small hand flailing gestures if I became frustrated due to my inability to speak a full sentence. I was in my mid-20 at the time I stopped stuttering suddenly, and inexplicably, since the stutter had been severe over the entire period of my life to that point. The only things happening at this point that were a change were those self-hypnosis tapes and being introduced to coc aine - lots of it - as a result of a band I'd just joined. That being the case, I cant say for sure which caused the "impossible" cure, but I've never had a stutter affliction since, and that's not supposed to be possible.

Is this what the Silva Method is all about? Self-hypnosis? I thought it was about developing intuition.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

Upon further investigation, ALL the Silva Method material is available online (on torrent sites). Yay!

edit on 10-3-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

I saw that, but they want a credit card number to "join for free". I doubt that I'll be giving them that.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent
[more

yes i know,but i wasnt sure if the op would actually want to download it from torrent sites,if he didnt then i could send it to him directly

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

OK, someone came up with his own version or formula, but ALL is hynposis, and ALL hypnosis is deep meditation. You're paying for the person's package, and brilliance at coming up with their scripts.

There aren't limits though, its not just health, the best searches, are going for the jackpot, soul answers. Also, when healing, this is something that is coming to me as the method we're going to keep on embarking on, its asking your Source/Super Consciousness, Soul, what the illness is from, what do you need to learn from this, and once you're aware of this, help healing it. I'm starting to learning hypnosis, thats my goal.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I've never heard about José Silva so thanks a lot. I'll study the silva mind body healing program... If it's serious stuff, she should talk about Mudras.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Now I don't know much about the silva method, other then posters comments that it is hypnotism or the like:

I paid for hypotic training live on line for intuitive problem solving ability
I was considered about a two thirds good hypnotic subject

I use the tarot and the Iching

all improved:
many tricky problems, improved
oracle accuracy, improved
health issues, improved
mood much, improved

understanding of the universe, how things work, and my place in it, much improved

IMHO
really
understanding of the techniques, positive atitude, relaxation, positive suggestions, repetition

the exact method isn't as important as long as you feel it could work for you, and you are comfortable with that, it likely will

PS
(Historical references aside cause its not something I know that much about)Stars for UNITY99's comments
I felt approximately the same way about hypnotism as an agent of change so:
With my new understanding started to do AV ( Brainwave entrainment application and editing) and web work for a certified hypnotherapist....I see it as a very useful and interesting way of doing things
edit on 10-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I can highly recommend this to help with your search for consciousness:
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I can highly recommend this to help with your search for consciousness:
youtu.be...

I'm trying to understand intuition a bit better. Determining the nature of consciousness is a bit more of an effort than intuition - as far as I can ascertain. So far, no one's really impressed me as having a handle on consciousness to any degree whatsoever. Thanks anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

thepiratebay.se...

www.torrenthound.com... n-MakeGreatMusic-net-

You are welcome.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join