It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi everyone,I'm a new ATS member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have been reading ATS for a few years now,so much interesting stuff and lots of info.Many times I've gone to bed at night feeling angry or upset from something I've read on here but I keep coming back for more,lol, I am not a computer wiz but got brave and finally decided to join!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It does take courage to join. It is worth it! You will meet some great people in here, and have fun! Welcome
See you out there on the boards.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wotdidnttheysay

hiya.

welcome to ATS I'm pretty new here myself, as a member..

can't wait to read some of your posts.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS....enjoy the ride....

Des

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thank you all for your welcomes,I am generally more of a quiet achiever,watching and taking action on a non public level,if you know what I mean?But their are times that you will hear me loud and clear! lol.I should also let you know that I am an Aussie. I think this is an advantage because of the time difference,being down under,we are ahead of many of you so when the doomsday dates arrive,we can say 'all's well,worlds still here!' lol
The disadvantage is that many of you are awake when I am asleep and vice versa (no pun intended!) Hmmm,actually,that may be the case at times lol
Once again,thanks for your welcomes

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So glad you decided to sign up. We have a small tour that will help orient you into the right direction..

Welcome wotdidnttheysay

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will be able to start your own threads in the appropriate areas & additionally send/receive messages to fellow ATS members. You are now able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

To save a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be sure to be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

That last bit,I meant as in me being asleep.Many on here are very awake and I want to thank you for sharing your great knowledge and wisdom and can someone please help me with the s&f? I understand now that it's star & flag,right?I've searched but can't find the correct protocol for their meaning and use,in fact I don't know where to click on flag,sorry for being a pain.maybe I should quote here 'never too old to learn'! lol

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Welcome from an American!
The s&f is to give your immediate opinion on threads and posts.
You'll see the flag option on the upper left of your screen in threads, at least I do.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Welcome...I'm new myself, as far as membership goes, but I've been here on ATS inactively for many years, and I've learned a lot during my tenor here. Can't wait til my first thread! Again, welcome.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Thanks for replying,maybe it's bottom right for us 'down under' lol,just kidding,some things are back to front here,(we are having yet another heat wave here at the moment,the most in recorded history,it's winter where you are?). You mean the 'favorites',I thought that was different than 'flag'!! Just reading ats threads is different than being a member,I have a lot to learn and don't want stuffups! Once again,thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rexrugerblack

Thank you and welcome to you as well.I too have learn't a lot on here,still am and realise that the more I learn,the more I realise how little I know and just how much more I want to learn! Will keep my eye open for when you start your own thread, thanks again for welcome.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hello and welcome from me too. I've been on here for a while but I still feel like a noobie becuase there is so much to learn. so its only recently I stopped lurking. But you've been a lurker for a long time so there's nothing I can teach you...
See you around.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Thanks for all your welcomes.
Don't even think for a minute that because I have been a lurker on here for awhile means that I know a lot!
Probably the opposite is more to the point.I love learning new things and may sound like a sadist,lol,I also enjoy the challenge that some of the threads give me regarding what I think,feel,believe,have seen,heard,taught etc etc about that topic.
There is some very thought provoking stuff on ATS,it's great to see all the different ways people see things and different ideas,experiences,their reactions.etc plus the odd angry or just plain stupid post,which adds to the people worldwide and of various ages,as being human and I seriously can't see any of tptb ever being able to stop people from being people (unless they murder every single person and only have robots to keep them amused, boring!!)

new topics

top topics

join