It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My local Newspaper getting into the 2012 spirit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I've never read a Doomsday article before in my local paper. Happened upon the Solar storm that happened this week. A local reporter wrote the article and must frequent some conspiracy and doomsday sites.
I guess it will help sales. The article to me seems more like the are debunking it and calming people's fears.
The article definitely bashes the site I posted below for fear mongering.
Morning Call

Seems the writer was reading from this guys site..anyone know this site?

Dmitriev, according to the website solarstormwarning.com, is an astrophysicist who predicted global catastrophe as the sun and the rest of the solar system began moving through a turbulent interstellar energy cloud, exacerbating the effect of solar storms.

It was a fairly large article with a big picture of the sun. Just found it very strange it made it into my local paper.
Anyone else see an uptick in articles on 2012 appearing in their local paper?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There is an article published on the New Scientist website, based on a report by NASA and the National Academy of Science in which a hypothetical massive solar storm causes a long-term disruption in the electrical power grid. While the report itself seems solid, the scenario portrayed in the article unfortunately uses the year 2012, adding fuel to the 2012 fire.
The Sun was due to reach a maximum (called ’solar max’) in its 11 year cycle in 2011 or 2012. However, more recent observations have pushed this date off to sometime in 2013.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
newspapers are going broke to the internet,
Doom sells

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Dmitriev doesn't actually exist. At least not in a scientific role. You can search through the literature and turn up no one by that name. Odds are he was either made up by a New Age author to lend validity to his claims or he is a New Age author who claims he is an astrophysicist to add validity to his claims. Either way nothing he says is actually true.

new topics

top topics

join