It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany wants new debate on EU constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Germany wants new debate on EU constitution

www.reuters.com

Germany wants to reignite a debate over creating an EU constitution to strengthen the bloc's ability to fight off financial troubles and counter-balance the rising influence of emerging economies, Germany's foreign minister said on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This is a potentially interesting development and represents one of the most assertive moves yet from the ailing Eurozone’s healthiest economic power.

Germany is cleverly using the (very real) threat of competition or worse from BRIC nations and other parts of the developing world to argue for changes that would lead to increased German power within the European system as a whole.

Among the ideas Germany wants to consider for the constitution are rules that would allow much more central EU influence (which in turn will be heavily influenced by Germany) over what goes on in the various legal structure of sovereign European nations that aren't pulling their own weight or playing by the rules.

And why not? Germany is, after all, the top economic engine, the main support keeping the tottering edifice as a whole on its feet. Germany has been very long-suffering, and put up with a lot to keep the euro together as a currency, while horrible waste and sheer incompetence seems to go on without end in much of the rest of Europe.

And yet, at the same time, I cannot but sympathize with the people in places like Spain, Italy, and Greece, who have had steep unemployment for decades and entire generations economically crippled by conditions imposed on them by the Eurocrats, through no real fault of their own. And I do not support banker bailouts or the concept of austerity in general. The experiences of Latin America and Africa with austerity have been tragic; all it has served to do is enrich TPTB while stripping the fat of the land from the people.

There are no easy solutions. But as powers like Germany start to turn the screws, watch for sparks.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Ah the old German power grab. You can't blame them for trying, it won't be long before Britain says bye bye to Europe IMO.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
You just came up with a load of rubbish. It's "Germany is evil" all over again.

Europe unite!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

The rest of Europe cares nothing for us, they just need our money. Governments i might add, not normal people. Us men in the street just want to get on with life.
edit on 10/3/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hitler will be so proud, the Powers wet dreams of his era took quite a long time to cement and the wait is so sweet.

People is nothing but hoax, get it a big old hoax, Germany keeps his so call power superiority thanks to the IMF loans and bailout and behind all is the US fed and Wall street.

Those are the power behind it all.

Soo when was the last time that The EU got bailout without the influences of those three sources? yeah I thought so.

Get reality checks the powers behind Germany may no be German after all.

But then again people this days when they are told by their mass corporate media that is what they believe.

Research people and find the truth.

Germany so call power grab is a hoax, now if Germany get away with their "new Constitution" over the rest of the EU and start asking the citizens of the individual states to mandatory servitude in a new EU army run by Germany then, you can start getting worry, very worry.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
And don't forget all the meetings and conferences.

Plus all the legal work and preparations.

That stuff will make somebody rich.

Who pays by the way ?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
Ah the old German power grab. You can't blame them for trying, it won't be long before Britain says bye bye to Europe IMO.

Ya think? Whether the crisis was deliberately engineered or not, this whole affair is playing into the hands of the NWO mob. Watch and learn - stronger union will be put forward as the only salvation. Don't be thinking the EU will fragment or the UK will go it's own way. It's not 'in the plan' and it won't be allowed to happen.
Watch how David Cameron - after his recent sop to public opinion - will do an about turn. While assuring us that our national interests are being protected of course.
Even now and mostly under the radar, they are strengthening judicial/police ties as fast as they can.
I suggest you read 'The Creation of a European Police State'.
www.gerardbattenmep.co.uk...
edit on 10-3-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Never say never. I can guarantee you this, if a Referendum was given to the British People on wither to leave or stay in the EU the Leave campaign would win out right.

That is why no British Government will give us the UK Citizen the right to choose.

With regards to Germany, they might have lost both world wars, but they will rule through peace. If they get thier way over the new debate and renegotiation of the EU Constitution.

It is power grabbing that is for sure, and This should be opposed by all those other countries in the EU.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I think something is in the water here and I know the people in the UK are sick of Europe and their faceless, unelected beurocrats meddling in our affairs. As the poster above said if a referendum was held today we'd be out of Europe tomorrow. That's why they won't give us one.

I think if more powers are passed to Europe the people of Britain might have something to say about it. It's our country after all?

I agree with what you are saying though, in that this all could be being used as a scapegoat for further globalization.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

The rest of Europe cares nothing for us, they just need our money. Governments i might add, not normal people. Us men in the street just want to get on with life.

I don't know about governments, but the people of Europe care about each other and I'm sure they would want a stronger union.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

reply to post by Jepic

I don't know about governments, but the people of Europe care about each other and I'm sure they would want a stronger union.

I have nothing against the people of Europe, I'm sure they do care about each other. However a stronger union is the last thing we want IMO.

Too much power has already gone into the hands of Brussels. Would you honestly be happy with our soverign power being taken away and your way of life being dictated to you by an unelected official in Europe? I know I wouldn't.

I call on the British government to give us a say. If it's what the people want then fair enough? But I doubt it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

There have been numerous calls over the UK's Position within the EU, and also numerous calls for a referendum. This has always fell on deaf ears. Any political part wither Tory, Labour or Lib-dems will not give us the citizens of this country a say. They know what the outcome will be.

Besides the EU ignored the wishes off the Irish people. What makes you think they are going to care about the wishes and opinions of the British People.

As with previous governments, the UK will agree, without consulting the people. Seems to me the political classes in the UK think, that we the British people are not intelligent enough to make a grown up decision for ourselves. That is why parliament has the final say on anything to do with the EU Constitution.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

The people of Europe might want a stronger union, but the people of Britain most certainly don't. We are just the cashcow for these tyrants and shysters, pay up and shut up - nothing more.

Time to let them care about each other on their own.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

I have nothing against the people of Europe, I'm sure they do care about each other. However a stronger union is the last thing we want IMO.

Too much power has already gone into the hands of Brussels. Would you honestly be happy with our soverign power being taken away and your way of life being dictated to you by an unelected official in Europe? I know I wouldn't.

I call on the British government to give us a say. If it's what the people want then fair enough? But I doubt it is.

There can be a stronger union without taking away sovereign powers from countries.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

reply to post by Jepic

The people of Europe might want a stronger union, but the people of Britain most certainly don't. We are just the cashcow for these tyrants and shysters, pay up and shut up - nothing more.

Time to let them care about each other on their own.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

And how long will you survive in this day and age if you isolate yourself?

new topics

top topics

join