It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Amateur Video Of Challenger Explosion Released.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This video was taken from the Kennedy Space Center. It has been in a box for 26 years.

news.yahoo.com...

More than 25 years after the space shuttle Challenger exploded shortly after liftoff, an amateur video of the accident has surfaced.

The newly released video, taken by Jeffrey Ault, and licensed from Ault by the Huffington Post, offers a closer and more intimate view of the tragedy than have other video reports previously released by the news media. Ault was part of a live audience gathered to watch the Challenger take off from the Kennedy Space Center, less than 10 miles from the launch site. He shot the video on his Super 8 home video camera, and it sat for 26 years in a box in his house.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
wow

it seems the people with the person recording it didn't even seem aware at first.

wow...

it's scary to know as soon as it went, that those people died instantly.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I remember that day. I was in the Marine Corps and Top (Master Gunnery SGT.) said "Corporal, come look at this. The shuttle just exploded". It doesn't seem that long ago and at the time it really didn't seem that important to me. My how things change.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I remember this day...We had been watching on T.V.. While they were counting down, my Mom & I ran out on the back porch. Naturally we were doing the regular ooooh & ahhhhhh's. When it split in to two, we knew immediately what had just happened. My exact words were, "I dont think it was supposed to do that".

Funny, the people in the above video didnt know what had happened.

Such a tragedy..

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Some remember this occurring in 1986. Others remember this occurring in 1983. Who here remembers it occuring in '86, and who remembers it occurring in '83?

See these threads:

The Space Shuttle Challenger blew up WHEN???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ever had miraculous escape or experienced a timeslip ?.... There could be a link , but I need your help

The increased number of people experiencing time slips and other phenomenon are only symptoms of the

Time Slip or Shift... Timeline Change?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I remember watching it as well.. deep down you knew what had just happened, but your mind did not want to accept it.

The only thing I can hope for is that it was a quick ending.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Interesting (for me) to hear the Italians speaking - and no, they didn't realize until almost the end of the video the Shuttle was lost.

There's another video that turned up a few years back - a amateur video surfacing much as this one. I'll see if I can find it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
it's scary to know as soon as it went, that those people died instantly.

Not true. There is a recording of one of the astronauts saying "Uh oh" right after the explosion.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Interesting (for me) to hear the Italians speaking - and no, they didn't realize until almost the end of the video the Shuttle was lost.

There's another video that turned up a few years back - a amateur video surfacing much as this one. I'll see if I can find it.

Peace

Also they released another one just about a week ago. Shot from some guys back yard.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

See I remember the 'backyard' one being released years ago - another video that had been 'left behind' so to speak.
I'm still looking for that one - BUT - while looking I found this one. Something seems pretty odd about comparing this one with the 'new find' the OP posted. I'm not sure what it is yet - just seems 'off'.

peace

edit on 10-3-2012 by silo13 because: fix bold

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Ok here's the one I was speaking of...

I hate this one.

peace

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Is this the one you're speaking of?

peace

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It is a live video. i cant find it.. But it was up on yahoo news. Its not the one the op posted.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Some remember this occurring in 1986. Others remember this occurring in 1983. Who here remembers it occuring in '86, and who remembers it occurring in '83?

See these threads:

The Space Shuttle Challenger blew up WHEN???

Ever had miraculous escape or experienced a timeslip ?.... There could be a link , but I need your help

The increased number of people experiencing time slips and other phenomenon are only symptoms of the

Time Slip or Shift... Timeline Change?

I can remember it in 1986...but

For the freaking life of me I can not remember the white guy in NWA.

whaaaaaaaaaa????

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

Wow, yeah, I remember that day too. I was at MCRD San Diego, my first week at boot camp. The DI turned the TV off as soon as it happened, kinda freaky on top of all else going on in my life at the time, didn't find out anything else til I was home on leave after graduation.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MooseDroolUSMC1986

Yep, sorry for the one liner, but definitely 1986.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I was in 'the suck' at the time ... 1986 ... Pretty sure it was early in the AM, and maybe winter. I remember it being kind of brisk (for Pendleton). I was always into NASA and would go out of my way to watch the launches ... I remember as a kid watching them land on the moon. What a tragedy. Same with Columbia. Anyway ...

Semper Fi, my fellow jarhead.
edit on 2012/3/11 by Another10Pin because: .

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Born in 72, started kindergarten in 77, was in 8th grade history class and saw it on TV , so that would make it 86 if it happened between Aug thru Dec, 87 if it was Jan thru June. BTW when it blew up my class was silent the rest of the hour. Mr. Farmer had stepped out the room a few minutes before lift-off to watch it with teachers, he popped in for a second right after Challenger blew, he asked why we were so quiet and a classmate pointed at the screen without a word, Mr. Farmer glanced at the TV and took off again. What's sad to me is only one of those brave Americans was mourned by MSM properly. They all should have had equal rememberance news segments, not just the teacher. MSM has a one-track mind, look at Fawcett

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
New Challenger Video: Rare Footage Of 1986 Disaster Uncovered (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO)

Rare home video footage of the 1986 Challenger space shuttle tragedy has been uncovered. Originally shot by Steven Virostek, the video has been made available online exclusively to The Huffington Post.

It's a tough watch I'll warn you. A tough watch.

May his soul and the souls of all the departed faithful by God's mercy rest in peace.

(Woman in video)

peace to all
edit on 1-5-2012 by silo13 because: include quote

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow. this one is new to me.

I do remember the teachers daughter being interviewed befor the launch. She said she didnt want her mom to go up, because she was afraid she would never come back.

When it happened every race and sex was represented on this flight. White, Black, Asian, man and woman.

new topics

top topics

join