It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People's Mandate for a Global Resource Based Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The global meltdown now faces another 'new begining' in the form of a mandate to the governments of the world.

It is a petition to create a global resource based economy. One that is in the same vein as the Venus Project

IMO, this is a peaceful step towards letting TPTB know, for sure, what many people require, desire and, ultimately, need!

What is a People's Mandate? If you desire change from your Government,then the proper process is to express your will. When enough people express their Will, then it becomes a People's Mandate. A Democratic Government cannot ignore a people's mandate, pure and simple, as the "People" are the "Authority," and when the people express their will in the correct manner, our elected representatives "must obey" as they are public servants after all.

Clean water, clean food, medical treatment and medicine, shelter, electricity, transportation are a human right, and not a privilege to be bought and sold. Once a social change begins it cannot be reversed, you cannot uneducate the person who has learned to read, you cannot humiliate the person who feels pride, you cannot oppress people who are no longer afraid any more, we the people have seen the future, and the future is ours.

link to mandate

Would you sign it?
Is it the future?

The Venus Project and the zeitgeist movement seem to think so...

"We must become the change we want to see in the world." -Gandhi

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

A resource based economy could really be a great thing. I want to express the depth of my understanding of the zeitgeist movement and the venus project by way of my user name and my little profile picture of the bus I drove down to Florida to meet Jacque Fresco. My user name here also happens to be my url, but I only mention it to add clarity to my understanding of the movement.

This all being said, what is this movement but regurgitation of a central idea? an idea that when questioned, added to, or taken away from, you get ostracized (to use his own word) for disagreeing with the Peter Joseph. Joseph states that he does not want to be a leader, and then actively freezes his forum posts when his ideas are (productively) called into question. I believe Fresco is a brilliant man with great ideas, and the ability to solve lots of problems. His downfall is that he is 94+ years old and unable to head a movement. We are all too late to have him as our leader. Roxanne Meadows is overwhelmed by the recent publicity, she is protective of Jacque, and this paralyzes her from being able to take his message forward.

So what are we left with? We are left with sound bytes, specific language arranged from top down to be politically correct, and a mass of people wanting to be free thinkers but rather than being able to speak their minds can only repost scripted promos and links to pre-written messages.

The last negative thing I want to say about it is that when someone mentions 'taking action' -starting out toward something, again it is shunned. 'we are not ready' 'the economy must collapse first' and when groups like the New Z-land Project get going they are alienated and accused of stealing Jacque's ideas, which he is giving out freely. From Roxanne's mouth, if the new z-land folks had simply 'asked permission' then they would have given their support. This is a double standard, it is frustrating, counter productive, and so we get sound bytes.

I feel like I tore you up, and it is not what i meant to do. Supporting the resource based economy can be a really great thing, and just may be THE thing to save our species. I just warn about following these guys into it because we may starve before we get our computers set up to feed us. take action, stop reading their stuff and write your own. start a collective, get involved in a community think tank and action center. start a food-not-bombs. Feeding people has a miraculous way of getting them to gather. go out and show the zeitgeist films even! but don't present them as gospel, present them as a starting point for a conversation about what we need to do next.

This could be a crucial moment. I have conspiracy theories that say March is going to be a big month but that all aside, Greece just defaulted. The list of CEOs and politicians resignations is up over 236 at last count. things are happening and it really is time to make positive change.

I just ask that you not post one line about your opinion and link to the venus project site. thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zeitgeistonwheels

Thanks for posting.

I understand what you are saying and it does make sense.

From small acorns do great oaks grow.
The more that this type of information gets out there, then the more people become aware of its possibilities.

I think it's when everyone is talking about it that thingas can actually start to look as though something positive is happening. It's getting the stone rolling inthe first place.. especially when the hill is currently travelling upwards. It's the mountian that has been set up by TPTB that we need to climb in order to topple the stone over the top and get it rolling...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Mmm.. no I wouldn't sign it. I believe in the phrase "The path to hell is paved with good intentions"

While I agree the current "system" is dysfunctional .. the system they propose involves an insanely powerful government .. they are essentially promoting Stalinism. Only they don't think that's how it will turn out .. they believe their leaders will be magically enlightened. That's not what they'd get. They'd get a Stalin.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There's quite a number of groups lobbying and pushing for global government, parliament, economy, court, laws and new world order and so on as I referenced in my other thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder if I wasn't a Christian, given what is wrong with everything in the world today, that I'd probably support it all to. But seeing the future through the lens of biblical prophecy as I believe it, there is absolutely no way I'd touch this with a rusty pole.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There are also calls such as this:

BRICS experts call for new global financial order

Ahead of 4th summit level meeting of leaders from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South African (BRICS) on March 29 in New Delhli, experts from these countries have called for a new financial world order. A meeting of experts organised by a think-tank Observer Research Foundation (ORF) to discuss agenda and issues for the forthcoming summit, recommended setting up of financial institutions parallel to International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank, in order to assist developing countries to tide over financial upheavals.

Stressing on the need to strengthen financial cooperation among individual development banks of BRICS countries, over 60 experts suggested creating frameworks for enabling viable and timely responses to both endogenous and exogenous financial shocks.

Taking note of the increased terrorist activities, narcotics trade, money laundering and human trafficking, the experts suggested sharing resources and information through collaboration between relevant institutions and integrating natural assets with their national macro-economic policies.

Addressing the scholars, Dinesh Bhatia, joint secretary, Ministry of External Affairs, said the financial crisis which originated in the United States is still posing a threat to the global economy. He said the leaders at the summit would discuss ways to enhance cooperation and to seek viable solutions for reforming the financial and governance architecture.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What really gets my brain cells ticking is what would happen to everything we know if this system was to take effect.

Would London, Washington, Hong Kong and the like become museum pieces?
Would it all get flattened in the name of 'starting again'?
What would happen to everything we hold precious now, like art for example?

Imagine places like Buckingham palace left to the wildlife as there would no longer be any need for a king/queen (not that there is any need for them now either)

Would they just become places that we can visit in order to study our past? How would these places be 'kept up' in order to maintain the history?

Why bother when computerised systems may actually give us things like holo-decks as we see from the TV series Star Trek?
Why preserve everything we know when we can recreate it from a computer programme?

Lots to think of there...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

It is a petition to create a global resource based economy. One that is in the same vein as the Venus Project

IMO, this is a peaceful step towards letting TPTB know, for sure, what many people require, desire and, ultimately, need!

Clean water, clean food, medical treatment and medicine, shelter, electricity, transportation are a human right, and not a privilege to be bought and sold. Once a social change begins it cannot be reversed, you cannot uneducate the person who has learned to read, you cannot humiliate the person who feels pride, you cannot oppress people who are no longer afraid any more, we the people have seen the future, and the future is ours.

link to mandate

Things like this make me laugh - Clean water, clean food, medical treatment and medicine, shelter, electricity, transportation are a human right, and not a privilege to be bought and sold.

Riddle me this Ghandi, who will do all the necessary work required to make the water clean for free?

Which doctors will work for nothing dispensing health care to people for free?

Who will build all the "shelter" (houses presumably) for free, harvest the lumber, make the nails, etc...?

Who will work at the electrical plants for free?

If they will not which Army or government will force them to do so? Then is it still a people's mandate?

It amazes me that people think humans would invest their time and effort into something for no reward.

Let me explain what human rights are - should you be standing alone in a field to what are your entitled? You are only entitled to that which you provide by your own hand…

Those are your human rights – you can protect yourself, think/say what you want go wherever you want etc…

You can do whatever you want of course because you are alone - but are you entailed to anything?

Should you happen upon another human can you demand he provide you a portion of the food he gathered for himself? I doubt it, unless you have the means to take it by force it’s his alone. What if he doesn’t have enough to feed his own needs are you still entitled?

Now you may come to a mutually acceptable trade; say food for water or something but without anything of value to trade you have no right to demand anything…

Why do people think that suddenly because they are no longer alone in the field they have rights to the fruits of the labor of others?

Here is the answer – it’s obvious really…

Ironically and likely that most of the people who believe the "earth belongs to everyone" and all people are entitled to food shelter and health care at the expense of others are usually those who have acquired little in the way of success or wealth for themselves. They have little to lose and much to gain from this arrangement. Of course they want this.

Likely their tunes will would change if they had something of worth or value to protect.

Originally posted by ExtralienWould you sign it?

No way

Originally posted by ExtralienIs it the future?

I certainly hope not...

edit on 12/3/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Your post is a great example of the current ways of thinking.
If everything was free and everybody was entitled to food, shelter etc. then who is going to work to provide these services?

Most peoples incentives for working today are money based, if money did not exist then the incentives to work would have to change.
Lets not forget that the greatest inventions and discoveries were not driven by monetary gain.
Before money existed did everyone just sit around all day?
If money was gone then peoples mentality and perceptions would change about what drives them in life and what do they want to achieve.
Rather than working towards narrow goals (money), people would work for other goals like for bettering human kind or to make it into the history books, or simply just to feel better about yourself by helping others.
We have the technology and resources to eradicate most if not all brain dead repetitive jobs.
Because there is no money then there are no budgets so everyone can go to school and at the end of it you will come out with a degree or whatever and go straight into a job or area of jobs you want to go into.
But it doesnt matter how long it takes for you to get that degree, it will take as long as it takes because not everyone is the same. And if you get fed up with your job at 40 years of age, no problem, go back to school and get another degree.
And who will teach these people? People who aspire to teach and help people.
If teaching isnt your thing then perhaps you would like to be a scientist? develop new technology? a new transport system perhaps? Or hows about a musician? an artist? an actor? a carer? try find a cure for a disease? an astronaut?
When the first humans went to the moon do you think they did it for their big fat paycheck at the end of it?
For all they knew they may not have made it back to earth in the first place.
edit on 12-3-2012 by SpaceMonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I think the philosophy here is that if that were the case the people would venture into areas of work that they want to do and not what they have to do. The satisfaction of doing what you want to do would create a more productive workforce instead of one where people text messaging and using facebook all day long.

Bottom line, current system is broken and taking on water faster than we can bail it out.

I am not saying this is a solution either, I am not qualified to do so.
edit on 12-3-2012 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

top topics

join