It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Threatened With Federal Investigation Over Reporting On The Obama Birth Certificate Issue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I obviously don't know how credible the sources spoken of are, but I find this interesting anyhow. It would be a good reason why msm has steered clear of this story for the most part. What better way to keep the media in line than with threats. And they call this a free country with freedom of the press. How much worse is it going to get.

patdollard.com...

The lead investigator in Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s review of the authenticity of Barack Obama’s birth certificate today unloaded a bombshell about the case: that he was told by sources members of the media were threatened with federal investigations should they continue to report on the birth certificate issue.

Lead investigator Mike Zullo told WND that as he was preparing information to be presented to the public “it was clear that the mainstream media was not going to be in attendance” at the sheriff’s scheduled new conference, where he presented facts suggesting both fraud and forgery in the image of a Hawaiian birth certificate that the White House released last yearas “proof positive” of Obama’s eligibility for office.

“During our investigation, we actually were told [that media] had been threatened with FTC investigations. Commentators [had been] threatened with their jobs,” Zullo said.

The threats were so intimidating that some individuals quit their positions over safety concerns for their families, he said.

He said that many people didn’t come forward with their knowledge about Obama “out of fear.”

“The information that we got, which these people refused to step forward with out of fear, but shared afterward, came independently – they don’t even know each other – from distance parts of the country, that investigations of major media outlets [were planned] if they continued reporting,” he said.

I have yet to hear this issue spoken of on the msm without implying that it is some kind of farce, or joke.

“Such a bombshell should have led the national news coverage throughout the country. Instead, it was completely ignored by a corrupt network of media elites who are decidedly liberal and wholeheartedly support Obama’s re-election,” he wrote. “The vast majority of the American people have been denied the truth by a media who want to shield Obama.”

“What the media conveniently overlooked was the expert testimony and the evidence presented by Arpaio’s group of investigators. Potentially, a major crime has been committed at the highest levels of our government, and the media attacked the messengers.”

The most annoying thing to me is that people trust the msm so much. But what can we do, let the sheep stay entertained.
edit on 10/3/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Maybe the media is not talking because they are scared of repercussions.

Maybe they have been threatened already.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
from the OP link:

“Not surprisingly, the media acted like partisan Democrats in the news conference after Arpaio’s team announced their findings. Instead of asking questions about the Obama documents, the reporters were more interested in asking Sheriff Arpaio about his political affiliation, his relationship with the tea party and his motives for the investigation.

“What the media conveniently overlooked was the expert testimony and the evidence presented by Arpaio’s group of investigators. Potentially, a major crime has been committed at the highest levels of our government, and the media attacked the messengers.”

Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

No offense.

But I'm pretty sure that was what was implied.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

There are also sheep that have been conned by WND and Arapaio over this nonsense.

Can't you all see? This phony sheriff is trying to make money and get attention. Nothing more. It seems to be working because all the cretins who believe him are fueling his money grab.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

There are also sheep that have been conned by WND and Arapaio over this nonsense.

Can't you all see? This phony sheriff is trying to make money and get attention. Nothing more. It seems to be working because all the cretins who believe him are fueling his money grab.

I agree it could be. Everyone has their hard core followers. Not me though. I fuel no mans money grab. There really is a better way to get information out other than selling it. I really doubt that this issue will go any further but we will have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I have yet to hear this issue spoken of on the msm without implying that it is some kind of farce, or joke.

Well, as the "investigation" was a farce and joke why do you think it world be reported on?

“Such a bombshell should have led the national news coverage throughout the country. Instead, it was completely ignored by a corrupt network of media elites who are decidedly liberal and wholeheartedly support Obama’s re-election,” he wrote. “The vast majority of the American people have been denied the truth by a media who want to shield Obama.”

What bombshell? The "investigation" proved nothing at all, in fact it showed that the "experts" that did the "investigation" were not really experts at all, and did not even understand what the scanning software did - nor did they even try the same with another birth certificate. If they had it would have shown the exact same results, which is why they did not do it.
edit on 10-3-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I got a question, how is the Sherriff making money off this? Maybe I missed something or do you assume hes gonna write a book or sell his rights to Hollywood for a summer blockbuster?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

There are many people out there who feel that this is a real issue. I Just don't know what to think of it all. I do feel that there is something fishy to do with the whole thing but with so much talk and propaganda from both side I don't feel that there will ever be clarity on this issue. If the man defrauded the system then he should be held accountable but there are always skeptics on both sides so we will always have an unclear result.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

To be truthful, it only matters if the POTUS is re-elected. Then it will mean four more years of investigations. If he is not re-elected, then it will quietly fade away.

But then again, if he is found guilty of fraud, can we wipe away four years of, to put it bluntly, crappy policies and nominations, that by the way, passed Congress?

The waters are getting muddier, IMO.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Thug life.

Whitehouse turns Chicago Ghetto.

top topics

join