It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on the rocks, please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I found this article this morning. Not sure I'm buying it but it does sound like a good opener to a 50's sci-fi flick. Supposedly a alien saucer was discovered inside an iceberg. Check it out....

UFO in iceberg

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Seems like a news worthy event if it were true...they, the news people, sure are trying to come up with anything to beat the compitition lately.....this would do it if it were real...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I figure if it's real then we would have all seen it by now. On CNN or ABC or at the least Unexplained Mysteries. But no, it's tucked away on an independent news service from Australia (?) Anyway amusing, yes.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"They're dead," says Dr. Juan Cordoba, noted Spanish biologist and member of Dr. Stuber's staff. "Even if they survived the crash, there's no way they could stay alive in New york with out being spotted."

Lol... Yeah, aliens ALWAYS flock to New York when they crash

It doesnt sound very serious at all. Nothing to back it... Such an event, if not cought by the military, would probably have the largest press coverage the world have ever seen.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
DK, I hate to break it to you, but this report originated at Weekly World News, AKA lies,lies and more lies from around the world. Here is the link for it.
www.weeklyworldnews.com...

Would have been cool if it were true though.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I knew it was too good to be true. Thanks Kidfinger! That's why I love this site. You can almost always get to the bottom!

Dum-dum-dum- Another thread bites the dust....

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Nice one for posting it anyway mate! ill do one of my own as a new topic,

"UFO found by contestants in Big Brother house!!" sad thing is most people in the uk would believe that!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Nice one for posting it anyway mate! ill do one of my own as a new topic,

"UFO found by contestants in Big Brother house!!" sad thing is most people in the uk would believe that!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Complete and utter hoax. Sucker-bait.

UFO FOUND IN ICEBERG

Alien crew is missing & still at large, warn scientists! The captain of a ship rammed an iceberg in the frigid waters of the Greenland Sea -- and found a perfectly preserved UFO frozen inside. What's more, the alien crew is missing and may still be at large!

All the contradictions... "perfectly preserved UFO frozen inside." Okay. You guys got that? Now... if it's in an iceberg, it:
* fell into ice
* the ice had to freeze over
* had to flow down a mountain
* break off of a glacier in an IMMENSE chunk
* float around to that side of Greenland

...etc. Hundreds if not thousands of years.

Scientists from all over the world have been summoned to an undisclosed location near the seacoast town of Scoresbysund, Greenland, to investigate the intact alien craft. "The design and technology of this space capsule is years ahead of anything yet developed on Earth," says Dr. Gerd Stuber of Bern, Switzerland. "It's definitely from another planet.

They haven't been in it, but they alreadyknow it's "years" (and not milennia) ahead of our technology. Gee, Wally, that's amazing.

The discovery occurred above the Arctic Circle between Norway and Greenland when a seismic exploration ship

...which has SOMEHOW lost all its seismic and radar and radio equipment along with its lights and the lookout and captain were drugged into unconsciousness

struck a huge floating iceberg at about three p.m. on May 24.

in the middle of summer, mind you, when the sun was high in the sky (remember there's almost NO night at this time of the year) and nobody said "OOOH! ICEBERG!" They were all ... stoned out of their minds or something

Damage to the ship was minor but the collision knocked a large piece out of the iceberg, exposing part of a strange metal object.

...written by people who have no knowledge of physics.

"My staff and I have examined every inch of it and all the evidence indicates that the craft was manned by a crew of five beings who apparently lost control and crashed. However, we can find no trace of them."

probably humanoids with pointy ears and bumpy foreheads... because if they weren't humanoid, you wouldn't know if there were five or fifty aliens

When the crew chipped away enough ice to get a good look at it, that metallic "something" turned out to be the hull of a UFO.

So first we have them running into a huge iceberg and then they somehow get onto the surface of the iceberg (almost impossible)

No one is able to pinpoint exactly when the spaceship crash-landed on Earth, or how it became encased in an iceberg, and experts differ widely about the fate of the missing aliens. and even when they might have crashed, some speculate that the great black out that hit the eastern sea board was caused by a ufo crash.

...written by someone who has absolutly no clue about geography.

"They're dead," says Dr. Juan Cordoba, noted Spanish biologist and member of Dr. Stuber's staff. "Even if they survived the crash, there's no way they could stay alive in New york with out being spotted."

New York is right next to Greenland, and scientist "Juan Cordoba"... with his fine corinthian leather is pontificating away. I'm suprised that Batboy hasn't done a flyover.

No. Complete hoax.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Byrd]

top topics

join