It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was emotionally and verbally abused by a teacher last year and this year and everyone turned their

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So last year, the year started off pretty nice. But about a few months into the school year, my English teacher (let's call her Ms. H) began treating me like less of a student. My grades began slipping and my motivation had been going away. But instead of asking me if I was okay, she just started going off on me about how I was her first honors student EVER (she really exaggerated it) to not do well on this certain project (a video project about the 20's.) I was having a tough time that time of year. My really close friend had just died right in the middle of the project and my teacher got mad at me for not telling her. Of course, I didn't tell her this until she pulled me out of class for having a meltdown (let me guarantee you that I am a normally silent person who holds my feelings in during school). But then this is what really hurt me. She told me "I used to think you were a mature person." I know it sounds like I was immature but I can't emphasize enough how this was my first meltdown during school hours since I started high school. She called me immature but I passed it off as her being mad for my disruption. But things got worse.

She was in the hospital for a couple of weeks and my class passed around a get well soon card. I signed my name in it and I think I even told her to get better. During that time, I was working on a controversial project (that was the theme) that I researched and did a VERY good visual for. Our sub recorded all of our presentations and gave them to Ms. H to grade while she recovered. I checked my project grade online and saw I got a C when I deserved an A (I asked all of my friends and they all agreed my project was far better than the grade given.) I confronted Ms. H about this first via email about how I was offended that she seemed to just place a bad grade on my project because she was being lazy. I even included pictures of my visual. The next day, I confronted her about how the grade she gave me offended me. She then immediately retorted with "That's funny you should say that because I was really offended by that picture you left me on my card." I was baffled. She then went on to tell me about how someone drew a tombstone with devil horns on it and how EVERYONE in my class went up to her and told her they saw me draw it. I confronted the majority of my class and asked them and they said they didn't even talk to her about it and nobody saw me draw it. I told Ms. H I didn't do it but she brushed me off. So I learned she changed my grade for the hell of it. I later found out that it was someone in my boyfriend's hour (2 hours after mine) that drew it and showed it to him.

I brought this up to my principal and he brushed it off and turned his back on me. I went home and cried because I felt helpless. I finally got that woman to apologise to me, even though it was not enough for the lying and name calling she made me endure.

I tried to ignore this incident. But then another project came up where I had to illustrate a chapter for a book. I did my project on chapter 18 but I got mixed up and was supposed to work on chapter 8. I asked her where her human compassion was and she just told me "oh well. Don't like it then take it up with the principal or you can do it for late credit." I was finally sick of her crap and told her "I will take it up with him." he ignored the situation, yet again, and I didn't do the project. So at this point, my school staff and students were aware of what this woman was putting me through (and me alone) and my family knew but nobody did a damn thing to get me some help. She would pick favourite students (openly) and then would belittle me when nobody could see it (calling me immature, blackmailing me for something I never did, lying) and she constantly got away with it. I tried so hard to get her called out for her actions. I need to know, one year later, if there is anything I can still do to serve her justice? She is great friends with my current English teacher and it's obvious that there has been communication about me because she picks on me for small things and never calls other students out for "breaking rules". The rule I broke was having a coffee that I didn't touch all hour. She eats and let's students drink their coffee and smoothies in class but she only calls me out. My whole class has seen this and notices that I get the worst treatment. I want to add my new teacher has a problem with people who aren't Catholics and has openly told us she hopes we have all converted to Jesus. I'm Wiccan and she is aware of this so she gives me even crappier treatment than what Ms. H has beat into her head to give me.

I need advice on how to get justice. I did not deserve to get bullied by these people. I want to get them in trouble for their actions.

I want to emphasize that these are two different but equally wicked teachers. Ms. H is from last year, the other one is the one I currently have.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I couldn't endure the torture of high school, so I got my GED instead. I am so glad I am out of high school. Those kids are ruthless. Not saying you should, but that might be an aspect you might want to look into if you're constantly being harassed. I definitely wouldn't put up with it. I don't suppose there is a way to change teachers? Sorry you have to go through this. It's painful and annoying. I know. Good luck. Hope things get better for you.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

That is horrible..
I can only suggest this www.ecotohio.org...

I am not sure if you have that where you are.. But, find something similar. They provide and pay for the computer and a business class connection. Schools are horrible!

Ever since the DOE and No Kid Left behind the opposite has happened..
Here is a great enlightenment to education: 69.42.71.167...

HAVE A LISTEN TO:

and.. This:

edit on 10-3-2012 by LedaOhio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I would do exactly what I did to teacher's that gave me the same treatment back when I was in school. Leave their car on blocks, spray paint their windows black, toss in a few frozen peeled off cans of shaving cream inside and if they really deserve it slash up their seats to.. May not be the best course of action but omg it sure does feel good.. sweet sweet revenge

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Report the bad teacher to your local board of education....for bullying.Continue your wiccan practices and never mind the rest.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I know this will sound tough, but your getting a good dose of what this world is full of. I had teachers treat me simaler because of my older siblings. I know that school probably seems like your whole world but trust me, there is so much more out there and when you finish and move on you will realize this.

If these people truly are doing what you say and they are in the wrong, then go at them with everything you've got. Don't let people push you around or treat you unfairly. Some people on here will tell you just to let it go and move on, but if they are doing something wrong then if no one else will stand up fpr you then you must do it yourself. I would advise you to document everything that happens. If you feel the need, wear a spy cam to school to record what happens. That may be illegal (not sure), but the recording could just appear on the right persons doorstep, whoever that may be in your community leaving no distinct trail to you. Just some thoughts.

Whatever you do, always stand up for what you believe in and don't let the authorities beat you down mentally. And never give up on what you believe in. As far as other students treating you poorly, just let that stuff go. In ten years you will see what life and karma has done to all the people you grew up and went to school with. Anyway, I hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

No offense, but I find your experience in High School to be mild. But that is just me as I compare my experiences to your experiences...so I really wouldn’t know, would I?

Welcome to the real world where not everybody gets you and some actively dislike you. Though as a teacher that is quite unprofessional.

Many teachers should just not be, teachers.

I found school to be boring, with the exception of History and art, and ended up dropping out. I did continue my education though through other channels and I retired at 48. The first in my former class to do so. Gotta pat myself on the back for that one.

Don’t give up. Don't let others dictate what you should or should not feel. But on the same note, do not let your emotions over-ride sound judgement.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
I'm Wiccan...

That's your 'problem'.

Not in the sense of your beliefs (that's only your business), but in the sense that it likely explains why you suffer from their prejudice.

Originally posted by Avalessa
I need advice on how to get justice.

Then take the higher ground and maintain it.

Respect yourself...seek the strength of your humanity...demonstrate by way of example your freedom from petty prejudices.

They may not learn from it.....but you will.

The world is filled with the fear and small minds. Guard against being one of them and remain mindful of your potential role to bring good into the world.

Good luck.

edit on 10-3-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Head to the office and see if you can get a meeting with the teacher and principal, or talk to a counselor. Their job is to also listen to students having problems.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I am still at odds with a solution.. A baseball bat comes to mind LOL Just kidding!

Seriously.. Look into home schooling.. How old are you.. grade? Can you give some background where and what it is you want to do?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LedaOhio

I am still at odds with a solution.. A baseball bat comes to mind LOL Just kidding!

Seriously.. Look into home schooling.. How old are you? Can you give some background where and what it is you are and want to do?

If the OP is a teenager...they can't look into "homeschooling", unless the parent agrees.

Really?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by LedaOhio

Seriously.. Look into home schooling.. How old are you? Can you give some background where and what it is you are and want to do?

If the OP is a teenager...they can't look into "homeschooling", unless the parent agrees.

Really?

Forgive me I am still new to ATS "OP"? As in ATS operator maybe...

As far as the poster.. I would have been expelled because I would have raised total hell.. I have learned more OUT OF SCHOOL than I ever did in. Before I went to college I hacked them, downloaded my source syllabus and completed all the assignments before I took the classes. They gave me a job in the Lab.

Schools make people dumb! It angers the hell out of me knowing what I NOW know about "education".

5min later...
It just clicked.. OP = Original Poster???

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LedaOhio

OP as in "Original Poster"

No biggie.

And most people learn more about life "outta school" once they join the rest of us scrabbling for our individual existence.

So you're sayin' you "cheated?"

edit on 10-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Darn beat me to it... It clicked when I was peeing..
It seems I always have to pee so I left that as my "mood"

:-)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The best ideas often come to me in the bathroom...

Usually in the shower though while I'm singing off key.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

OP as in "Original Poster"

No biggie.

And most people learn more about life "outta school" once they join the rest of us scrabbling for our individual existence.

So you're sayin' you "cheated?"

edit on 10-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

The answers were not included in the syllabus..I hacked accounts but none were admin accounts that gave the answers. Even so.. I knew them..

I was programming in 8 languages by the time I was 14.. I ran Oblivion and Wildcat BBS systems with 4 nodes using APCI doom front-end for the game DOOM via my "gamenet" venture. I was hooked up to Usenets etc.. mIRC thru my BBS before the net was public..

I have not climbed off a computer since I wondered why the white bar blocked the white dot in PONG...

Back to helping point this girl in the right direction.. Can she talk her parents into HOME SCHOOLING? That is the question.. Schools are simply horrible..

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

It is a option...

All the OP has to do is ask the parents.

Not all schools are bad....but most are. In todays day and age.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
all i can say is "get used to it and get over it".

dont let the haters get you down because this world is made up mostly of crappy people with crappy attitudes.

all you can control in this life is your attitude and emotion so focus on yourself and tell the public to GTFO with their ignorant opinions.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You could always do what I did, although mine was targeted a bit differently.
When I was in high school I worked for the VoIP company who ran the phone systems at the school I attended (along with alot of other business and such) and with my training at the job I had access to all of the information and setup to the phone system.

After working there for a while, my boss and I had began to butt heads a little bit. He was a larger man, who refused to invest in an air conditioner for the office and seriously enjoyed eating salted peanuts. Larger man + salted peanuts + office with no air conditioner + nebraska spring heat = an ungodly odor combined with sweat.
Now I'm the type of person who can deal with people and their faults, regardless of whatever that might be. Habits, behaviors, whatever word suits you. But I was brought into his office one day, and was told that some of my clients and co workers had complained that I had a bit of an odor, and that I could not come back into work until the problem was resolved. I am an extremely clean person, I shower daily and use body spray/deodorant, so this was a little offensive. I resolved that I would not go back to work, and I didn't. But as a little bit of payback, knowing that he would be the one who had to fix it, I decided to combine my senior prank with a taste of revenge. I hacked into the phone system (wasn't really hacking considering I knew the information, but ah well) and made a few changes so that any time a call came in to the school from anywhere, every phone in the entire school would ring. It took them 3 days to fix it, it took me 5 minutes to set it up.

new topics

top topics

join