It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New, plan to stay around here for awhile.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hey guys, how's everyone doing tonight? I've spent countless hours on here reading through articles, as well as the responses from members, and I just recently decided to make an account to join the discussion. Although overwhelming at first (there are some very intelligent individuals on here), I'm actually pretty excited to get involved. Still being a teenager, I envy some of you who have lived long lives and have seen things that I couldn't even imagine. I really enjoy the community on here though, overall the majority of the members are open-minded and very respectful to those with other beliefs. I hope to find some pretty neat stuff through my research on here, and with interacting with all of you other members. I anticipate to stay here for quite some time, like I said, I'm only a teenager and I check ATS on a daily basis - if this site is still running in twenty years, chances are, I'll still be checking it on a daily basis. With that said, I'm excited to begin delving into many of the topics posed on here, look at the perspectives of many others, and then draw my own conclusions. Hopefully I'll learn a thing or two from what's on here - I can tell you that the majority of the users have an actual "grasp" on reality and the real world compared to what I'm used to seeing being plastered over Facebook or other media. I guess that's why I was so drawn here, the community is truly remarkable. I believe the ATS forums is an excellent platform for us "thinkers" to bounce ideas off of one another, and to discuss and delve into many things that are very secretive and intriguing. With that said, my adventure has just begun. I feel advantaged to be a teenager because I have an entire life ahead of me (hopefully) in which I can continue to question my own beliefs, and try and find out the "truth" to other topics. I'll be seeing some of you around, good hunting everyone.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Greetings:

Welcome to (IMHO) the very best learning experience on the InterWeb!

With your great attitude, you will find "your groove" and fit right in.

We look forward to your posts and threads.

P.S. Paragraph formatting makes for an easier read.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 10/3/2012 by thorfourwinds because: ps

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.....you'll fit in well here......

Here's your Welcome Cake. You'll have to share it with the MOD who will be along shortly to give you the guided tour.

Des

edit on 10-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
wat a great intro..
welcome

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Welcome. ATS is good for "diamond in the roughs." Meaning you have to sift through a lot of fear mongering, paranoia, and general insane/fiction threads to find one with any real meaning, however its worth it in the long run.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Congratulations on signing up! We've got a small presentation tour for you that will help orient you properly.

Welcome RomeByFire

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will be able to start your own threads in the appropriate areas & additionally send/receive messages to fellow ATS members. You are now able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

To save a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be sure to be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

new topics

top topics

join