It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you registered with a 3rd party and if so why not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Simple question for our ATS brethren. If ATS's platform is to Deny Ignorance, than only the ignorant fail to see how the two party system has helped put America to its knees.

So how many posters here are registered with a different party than the Democrats or Republicans? NPA (No Party Affiliation) does not count. Libertarian, Green, Constitution, Reform, etc are what I am asking. Also, if you're the type that has re-registered Republican to vote for Ron Paul in your state's primary/caucus but intend to re-register afterwards that is fine as well.

I have been fairly outspoken about why I support the Libertarian Party and why I think it is the vehicle to help get America off the track it is currently on but I want to hear from others.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
In So Ca you have to tell them you are a democrat.

Tell them anything else and they loose the paperwork to register you and you can not vote at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
In So Ca you have to tell them you are a democrat.

Tell them anything else and they loose the paperwork to register you and you can not vote at all.

Is this an out of thin air conjecture, a personal anecdote, something that has happened to every non-democrat you know in SoCal, an unsubstantiated rumor you heard- what?

I'm registered in a third party. My guess is that most people aren't registered in a third party because:
a) they feel that it is a wasted vote
b) they aren't able to vote in primaries in their area
c) they actually think they agree with the Dems and Reps

Just a guess. I simply can't support the two parties that I don't agree with, don't support me, and are two sides of the same coin that you can't tell the difference between without a score card.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I am still registered republican from the last election cycle. Voted Ron Paul in both primaries.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Well, I arrived in LA county, Pasadena in 2010. I obtained my CA drivers license and sent in my voter registration in plenty of time to vote in the off year election. I show up at the polls, sorry, you are not on the list. They give me a card, call this number.

They kept me on the phone for an hour. They did receive my application, no problem, but they said they had to "validate" before they processed it. Validating consists of having me to read them my drivers license number over the phone. Eventually they said I could cast a provisional ballot, but they just shred those anyway, so what would be the point except to shut me up.

I think they were just harassing me because I was not their favorite flavor of voter.

So I moved to Ventura county and then had no problems getting to vote there.

edit on 9-3-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 9-3-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

What did you sign up to vote as?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Republican...

I am so ashamed.

Really more to the right of libertarian but like to vote in the primary too.

Hey, Ron Paul is pretending to be a Republican also.
edit on 9-3-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
In N.C., It's either Democrat, Republican or UN-Affiliated...

Guess which one I chose.

Also, Our State constitution, Forbids anyone from running for, or holding a public office, unless they believe in some "Almighty Creator" type sky-man..

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have been a registered "Independent" since I turned 18 in the late 1990's.
To me, either party was a sham, and I wanted to think I had more common sense than a blue/red.
If a person adhere's to one particular label, how can they claim to be "open-minded"?
That was my thought years ago.

Even that was before I even knew how to "deny ignorance" here on ATS...
But at least at that age, and mindset, I knew the cultural divide that people wanted.
And I didn't believe in it then, nor do I now.

Could say I had a sneaky feeling about the sheet pulled over our collective eyes...

new topics

top topics

join