It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come Obama is a BLACK MAN cuz he's 1/2 Black, but not White even though hes 1/2 White?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Funnily enough, obama look-a-like Inham Anas is from Indonesia,
no-where near deepest darkest Africa!

Isn't this strange? Aren't some resemblances uncanny (especially the 'prince'
)?

Are 'acting' members of the top 400 families put into positions of
power worldwide to maintain and forward their domination and hegemony?

Is it all a crazy theatrical game?

Methinks it's getting close to time for the audience to fling the rotten fruits from their armory,
boo these bit players off the stage and bring down the whole house! Else we had better prepare
to endure the ever worsening drabness and depression, helplessly, hopelessly and in silence.

www.wellaware1.com

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When I read the title...

The FIRST thing that came to my mind was...

the One-Drop Rule: Any person with any known African black ancestry is black.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Why?
Same reason Tiger Woods is half Asian and is still considered black.

But it's a good question.
All this time we were led to believe that being black was all about living in the hood.
Yet Obama was born in Hawaii (insert asterisk here),
Lived in Indonesia,
Was raised by his white Grand Parents,
Played the white mans game most of his life,
which means he knows nothing about the hood,
yet is still considered black.

All while we were led to believe the color of ones skin does not matter.

Ha, show me a successful black person, and I'll show you a black person that been called an Uncle Tom at one point in his life!

This. A MILLION TIMES THIS. I'm black, been somewhat successful, been called "other", uncle tom", house 'n-word' and all variants. I grew up poor as dirt but not in the ghetto. Doesn't matter. Black americans have never accepted me as one of them because I "talk white"(which means, I speak well and have a vocabulary). President Obama is considered black by white people, because they have no other term to use, basically. No matter what black folks say, Barack Obama is not accepted as black in the black community. They'll keep reppin' him, though, because he's POTUS, and he keeps those unemployment extensions flowing. They don't give a # about him. Believe that.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

i agree with you there. Though our stations will report race. So some areas maybe more pc the others.

Americans are so genetically mixed, you get the different features that you mentioned.

I listened to a program once in NPR about people who got their genes tested to see what they are. Many were surprised, some wished they had never done it, the information shocked them.

Many genealogists will tell you how often people get their own family histories wrong, much less know exactly what their heritage is.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Iam unsure what difference this makes?

Does it really matter to some people what the colour of his skin is? I believe even discussions of this and bringing it into the line of conversation is possibly distracting people from far more important issues?

I dont like the man, as a president. I believe he is a lier, and is working under command. He could be pink with yellow spots for all the difference it makes. Amazing that people really find the need to discuss this to a level of comparing colour tones to come to a conclusion if he is black, or white.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

I had a friend who is a black female who went to college to become a midwife. she did this because she wanted to help poor women get the information and delivery they need for a healthy baby.

Despite her noble efforts, her friends would harass her for trying to be white.
Thank heavens it didn't stop her though.

edit on 10-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: typos

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know I'll get flamed for this, but...white is considered the "pure race", because it was technically the first to become what is considered nowadays to be "civilized".

To be fair, this is not my opinion. To me, it makes no difference. You can learn just as much from a backwoods hick as you can from a multimillion dollar manager at Chase Bank.

However, this is the rationalization you will find clearly written in our history. Black man was uneducated, white man was educated. Therefore, black was considered dog, and white was considered lord and master. This has continued on until anyone partially black was "impure", and thus considered plainly black. Anyone who was purely white was considered...well, white.

The logic is repulsive, but solid.

Diversity ftw...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

No no, Obama is the one who never mentions and outright denies his white heritage.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I had a friend who is a black female who went to college to become a midwife. she didn't because she wanted to help poor women get the information and delivery they need for a healthy baby.

This confuses me.

Black people will get uptight about racism from white people, and yet make fun of their own kin for trying to fit in or do what they stereotype as "the white thing"? I know people called "oreos" and they are just plain awesome.

I think a melding of the culture is the best thing that can happen...having pure cultures encourages adversity and enmity due to differences. Combine the cultures, retaining only the most important or significant part of them, and you have a bunch of people with differing lifestyles, and still a lot in common.

Why can't we do this? What's so important about diversity to the point of enmity? Are we trying to survive as a culture, or kill each other as a race?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm not even going to read the replies...the answer is simple; you can't play the race card if you use his "white" half. Period.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I had a friend who is a black female who went to college to become a midwife. she didn't because she wanted to help poor women get the information and delivery they need for a healthy baby.

This confuses me.

Black people will get uptight about racism from white people, and yet make fun of their own kin for trying to fit in or do what they stereotype as "the white thing"? I know people called "oreos" and they are just plain awesome.

I think a melding of the culture is the best thing that can happen...having pure cultures encourages adversity and enmity due to differences. Combine the cultures, retaining only the most important or significant part of them, and you have a bunch of people with differing lifestyles, and still a lot in common.

Why can't we do this? What's so important about diversity to the point of enmity? Are we trying to survive as a culture, or kill each other as a race?

Ah. thanks for reminding me. I've been called "oreo" too

Black folks do this because of self hatred and "same" (other blacks) hatred. It's been internalized to the point that no outside influence is necessary to inflict destruction on the black community, we do it to ourselves now, collectively. I have no idea how to fix this.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger
I'm not even going to read the replies...the answer is simple; you can't play the race card if you use his "white" half. Period.

I didn't know you could use someone's bloodline in order to make excuses...I always though it was their upbringing, not what's in their veins.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Black folks do this because of self hatred and "same" (other blacks) hatred. It's been internalized to the point that no outside influence is necessary to inflict destruction on the black community, we do it to ourselves now, collectively. I have no idea how to fix this.

So when all this time the blacks have been blaming the whites for destroying their society, it's really they themselves who are doing the damage?

Are they really self-destructing and blaming it all on us?

I find that hilarious. It's just like the Catholic missionaries...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
Funnily enough, obama look-a-like Inham Anas is from Indonesia,
no-where near deepest darkest Africa!

Isn't this strange? Aren't some resemblances uncanny (especially the 'prince'
)?

Are 'acting' members of the top 400 families put into positions of
power worldwide to maintain and forward their domination and hegemony?

Is it all a crazy theatrical game?

Methinks it's getting close to time for the audience to fling the rotten fruits from their armory,
boo these bit players off the stage and bring down the whole house! Else we had better prepare
to endure the ever worsening drabness and depression, helplessly, hopelessly and in silence.

www.wellaware1.com

That was actually him as a kid. He moved there for a few months then moved back because they all inevitably hated him.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

So when all this time the blacks have been blaming the whites for destroying their society, it's really they themselves who are doing the damage?

Are they really self-destructing and blaming it all on us?

I find that hilarious. It's just like the Catholic missionaries...

Well, not quite. This started with slavery, and the psychological damage, coupled with all the (very real) racism we still experience have brought us to this point. So, while no one alive today had anything to do with slavery back then, and are therefore not to blame, what's happened in the past left deep scars. Now(and I've said this in other threads) I do think that it's time for black america to grow up. slavery was a long time ago, and others have been enslaved, and bounced back without the prolonged slump we see in black america right now. But it's not quite as you describe things..

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A far better question is why is Obama considered black if he's half Arabic and half white? It would seem to me he's not what most would consider black at all. "He kind of looks a little like a black guy and Americans are basically retarded" is the answer to both of our questions.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Some very surprising people are making some very weird statements. Be careful of what you say guys, not only are some of you stepping dangerously close to being outright racist and insulting, but what you say on ATS can and will be held against you in the court of ATS.

I will absolutely use it against you if I feel the opportunity presents itself and that my argument would be stronger because of it. Just so you know...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's called racism and bigotry and is is utterly sad in this day and age that it continues to exist. Why do we care? Why do some feel threatened? It's called ignorance. It generally comes from a lack of exposure or lack of proper education. I have friends...but my closest, dearest friends are a multicultural group of hilarious "life livers" that know how to have fun no matter where we are or what we are doing.

I grew up in the "mountains" so to speak...very little cultural exposure. But I left po-dunk small town and moved into bigger cities...some of my best friends are...well...text book country boys...but...they are not terrified racists...One of my best of best friends is a Puerto Rican Immigrant...another a Jamaican immigrant...I even had a very good friend that was a Ukrainian illegal immigrant...sadly Ed was killed in a car accident and I miss him. If I told you his harrowing story of how he got to America, you might not believe it. Ed was on a Russian warship in the north atlantic and when they pulled up to a fishing trawler to check papers, he and a friend jumped overboard and swam to the fishing vessel as the warship pulled away...he was so willing to be free he was ready to not be picked up by the fishing boat and die...but he was...

What does that have to do with this?

We need to drop the racist crap...we are all one...just because your skin color is a little different, or your hair, or your eyes...does not mean you are more or less than me...

Obama is probably a very good person and though he came from a wealthy background, he knew the pain of separation due to race...and I think it was a wonderful day when America for once was able to set that aside and give him a chance.

We need to stop letting ignorance drive our decision making...it's sad, pitiful and disgusting all at the same time...
edit on 3/10/2012 by Damrod because: spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And what did the media do to Herman Cain because he is conservative???? The affairs are just a strawman to get rid of a viable opponent to the POTUS.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

he's not black or white you goof. he's mixed. why does skin color matter so much to you

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join