It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come Obama is a BLACK MAN cuz he's 1/2 Black, but not White even though hes 1/2 White?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

Originally posted by DeboWilliams
I'm mixed, white mother and black father, and while I don't personally say I'm black OR white, the world will always look at me and say I'm black. A friend of my girlfriend is also mixed, but she always refers to herself as black, while I say I am neither, I am what I am.

Let's put it this way, black people will usually accept a mixed person as black, white people will NEVER accept a mixed person as white. It's not being racist, it's just facts. Black genes are more dominant in the body than white

exactly. like my op above.

2nd line.

No genes are more dominant than the other. What a stupid comment.
Obama's skin is black. That makes him black. I am white, my daughter's mother is black. My daughters skin is white. That makes her white. Everybody should accept this, stfu and get on with their lives. Who really gives a $hit anyway besides sumpremists . (be it any race, color, or creed.) Get over yourselves.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Exactly! Brown eyes tend to generally be dominant to blue eyes, However it's not the genes that are dominant, just the phenotype.

We see that in many "mixed" black-white ancestry "blacks" as they come out with a blend of both parents usually, ie the in between skin tone and the in between hazel/green eye color.

hmmm...

Vanessa Williams
Rihanna
Tyra

they don't look very black/african to me. but to racist Americans, you are either White, or you're BLACK!

is Mariah Carey BLACK to you guys?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA

That is exactly how genes work.
What a stupid comment to make back.

Obama's skin is black. That makes him black. I am white, my daughter's mother is black. My daughters skin is white. That makes her white. Everybody should accept this, stfu and get on with their lives. Who really gives a $hit anyway besides sumpremists . (be it any race, color, or creed.) Get over yourselves.

Ignorance and empty anger seem to go hand in hand.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
What is up with this race bullcrap?

Dont like America? Then go back to your cultural country.

Honestly , this is one of the most stupid issues known to man. Race.

Who cares?

If you're an idiot , your an idiot. It's that simple , if you aren't , then you aren't.

----------
I am going to be very blunt here. I could care less about slavery in the past. Doesnt affect me and neither does it affect you any way (American Population).

It's the 21st century.

History is interesting and we learn from it , but i am not going to feel sorry for something i didn't do and i am not giving you compassion for something your fore fathers went through and survived because you havent gone through it , you deserve no compassion for what they went through. Only your fore fathers know the pain. Not you. Get over it , move on.

I said it way more blunt than i should have , this is a very blunt opinion , rest assured i would be way more respectful in person , but here we should be able to argue bluntly without having to sugar coat it. I dont take things to deep personal thought on the internet simply because i am here to bluntly argue and i hope you are too and to learn of course.
edit on 10-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

It's easy to understand what you are saying in part, but the early 21st century is not so enlightened. Take the not so old history in America, say the 1960's, (the 20th century in our historic terms) when the Bussing and public eating, and schooling segregation LAWS were in force, at a time when Big America..the federal Government, had signed up, and was part of the instigation of the UN, and of which part of that was to ensure equality of all peoples to a charter, that was ratified by all, two decades earlier, in 1948. So before you, or anyone else moves on, or gets over it, you must make sure that everything is in place, to enable that to happen, that is your responsibility, or you could be next.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA

Originally posted by Question Fate

Originally posted by DeboWilliams
I'm mixed, white mother and black father, and while I don't personally say I'm black OR white, the world will always look at me and say I'm black. A friend of my girlfriend is also mixed, but she always refers to herself as black, while I say I am neither, I am what I am.

Let's put it this way, black people will usually accept a mixed person as black, white people will NEVER accept a mixed person as white. It's not being racist, it's just facts. Black genes are more dominant in the body than white

exactly. like my op above.

2nd line.

While you can keep that fairy-tale attitude, unless you walked a mile in my shoes, or any mixed persons for that matter, you have absolutely NO idea what your talking about. Just because you have mixed kids, has NO bearing on what goes on in THEIR heads.

That's like saying you know what its like to be black, because you have black friends. ROFL go somewhere with that garbage

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
why is that? we'd all readily accept Obama as a 'black' man but heads will roll if Obama were referred to as white even though he's half and half... if anything, brown.

and so what are the psychosocial implications looking forward that even today in 2012 American society stoops to the racist american colonial "1 percent rule"?

to me, it all boils down to American being against multiculturalism and all for 1 percent rule and black vs white like left vs right dem vs rep, all dichotomies.

"Here we go...America has yet to see a black President...the only thing about obama being black is his Dad getting his Mom pregnant...Than he left and so did she..leaving him to be raised by his white grandparents in Hawaii..LOL
-KBLETHF"

edit on 9-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

Yeah I know, funny how a mixed-race child gravitates towards being 'black' as opposed to being white.
Maybe it's the darkness of the skin compared to a non-black child influencing that?
Or is it just gerrymandering to the black voters?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

It cuts both ways.
Mariah Carey considers herself 'black' quoting the the olde worlde 'racist' one-drop rule. So until I heard I hear trumpet on about that I would of considered her white but hey-ho if she want's to play up to the blacks that's her choice.

I get a bit sick of the 'I'm great cause I'm black, mixed with black, hanging out with blacks etc' in the media nowadays. People should be happy with who they are without baiting the other races etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
He's actually only 1/4 black. His dad is 1/2 middle eastern (arab) and 1/2 black. His mother is 100% white. Which puts him at 1/4 black, 1/4 middle eastern, and 1/2 white. He's actually more white than anything else.

But he will always be considered black. Black genes are dominant, and white genes are recessive. That's why whenever you have the two races (white+black) mixing and producing offspring, the children will always be black, and there will never be any trace of white heritage from that moment on in any descendents. The black genes so to speak wipe out the white genes, because white genes are recessive and black are dominant.

That's one of the reason's given for all the races being scattered all over the world back in the day.
If they are all stuffed together the white, delicate genes get trampled over if everyone mixes it up basically.
Yet I'm sure if one group wanders into colder climates they'll magically go a lighter skin colour again and be white caucasian...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is such a ignorant question I'm supposed it has this many replys. Yet many who reply, from me doing the knowledge on the responses I can see are just as ignorant. The site is abovetopsecret and look at the question posed. Black is the very existence of all life in the universe. Black is the most dominant force of the universe. It shows and proves in those who are "bi-racial." Which features do you see more in Obama? BLACK! That's because white is recessive, black is dominant and dominant will always prevail. The building block of all life is carbon. Carbon is black. Black people pocess the highest concentrations of melanin than any other people on the planet. Melanin is black and melanin is also a carbon-amine when you deal with chemistry. I mean come on this question is so simple. Look at Obama. You'd think he was a fool to come out and say he was white. Lol I mean who really cares anyway. Peace. Remember back in the day when one of our presidents says a drop of black blood makes you black. I dont necessarily agree but thats a pop quiz for those who might wanna do the research.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Momma's baby...Daddy's, maybe...that's what I was told.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Lol so many of you are so commical. Theres a quote in a book I just read that goes "if you think education is important you should try ignorance." That is so true especially when I read these responses. Black is color, culture and conciousness. Black when dealing with color, comes in about 16 different shades. That's not my opinion that's science. We aren't referring to just black like a black shirt. That's so ignorant to see it like that. So it is safe to say that all people of color are black. Brown refers to who, the mexicans, south and central americans etc. etc. I always hear "brown pride" coming from them. You cant have brown without black. What about the red man they are considered the "native americans." You can't have red without brown and agian brown without black. So everything always returns to the source. The first people in India were black. The first people to inhabit europe were black. The first people in china and japan which gave birth to all of asia were black. The first indians were black. There are numerous books and statues and monuments all over the world that document this. Even the bible says that two nations were giving birth to. That's the black and the white. Come on now. Lol yall get it together.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
This is such a ignorant question I'm supposed it has this many replys. Yet many who reply, from me doing the knowledge on the responses I can see are just as ignorant. The site is abovetopsecret and look at the question posed. Black is the very existence of all life in the universe. Black is the most dominant force of the universe. It shows and proves in those who are "bi-racial." Which features do you see more in Obama? BLACK! That's because white is recessive, black is dominant and dominant will always prevail. The building block of all life is carbon. Carbon is black. Black people pocess the highest concentrations of melanin than any other people on the planet. Melanin is black and melanin is also a carbon-amine when you deal with chemistry. I mean come on this question is so simple. Look at Obama. You'd think he was a fool to come out and say he was white. Lol I mean who really cares anyway. Peace. Remember back in the day when one of our presidents says a drop of black blood makes you black. I dont necessarily agree but thats a pop quiz for those who might wanna do the research.

Thanks for proving my point.
Only people that think they are better than everyone else will believe this crap.
You drop a bomb like this and say "Who cares?"
Obviously you do. Doing research just finds more arguments like this one.
To me, if somebodys skin is black, they are black. If their skin is white, they are white.
Whats the point of claiming superiority?
Even the science has its contradictions.
Go race bait somewhere else.
Just because I am skeptical of the many conflicting scientific outcomes of genes and race, it does not mean that I am ignorant.

You cannot "breed the black outta them" any more than you can "breed the white outta them." And vise versa.
edit on 10-3-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

So you are saying that black evolved into white?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Lol so many of you are so commical. Theres a quote in a book I just read that goes "if you think education is important you should try ignorance." That is so true especially when I read these responses. Black is color, culture and conciousness. Black when dealing with color, comes in about 16 different shades. That's not my opinion that's science. We aren't referring to just black like a black shirt. That's so ignorant to see it like that. So it is safe to say that all people of color are black. Brown refers to who, the mexicans, south and central americans etc. etc. I always hear "brown pride" coming from them. You cant have brown without black. What about the red man they are considered the "native americans." You can't have red without brown and agian brown without black. So everything always returns to the source. The first people in India were black. The first people to inhabit europe were black. The first people in china and japan which gave birth to all of asia were black. The first indians were black. There are numerous books and statues and monuments all over the world that document this. Even the bible says that two nations were giving birth to. That's the black and the white. Come on now. Lol yall get it together.

Sources please?
Everything that you are saying is debatable.
Unless you acknowledge that is is your opinion.
Then it may not be debatable.
Enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Wow! Look at the responses. Has anyone every studied biology in depth? How about chemistry and physics? What about metaphysics? No, then of course you wouldn't know what I'm talking about. Black is the most dominant force in the universe and all life in existence derives from the same source which is carbon. Carbon is the building block of all life. Just look up melanin. Did you all know melanin exist within all living things on the planet. Melanin is also fundamental to the functioning of the pineal gland in the brain which is non-functional in europeans. Study the bone density of blacks and whites and the genes and traits that give blond hair or blue eyes. These are recessive traits. White is weak and recessive. Black is dominant. Black skin absorbs the sun and turns it into vitamin d and energy and also aids in melanin production. It destroys white skin. Who do you think sunscreen is for? Not people of color we have been living with the sun since the beginning of time. Study the white mans brain and the black mans brain and look at the vast vast differences. Also look at the process of eugentics. This is selective breeding that breeds out paticular genes. Perfect example. White lab mice. Where do they come from? There are no white mice in nature anywhere. They are created because it is easier to do test on them. But the creation of the white race is another topic.

Look up these books to start

The Iceman Inheritance Prehistoric Sources of Western Man's Racism, Sexism and Aggression by Michael Bradley. It talks about the life of europeans during there 2000+ years in a cave in the hills of the caucus mountains which hence the word caucasion

The Making of the White Man by Paul L Guthrie.

These are white scholars writing about the creation of the white man. I had to throw white authors in so you wouldnt think I'm being "racist" or it's just blah blah coming from a black man.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm also up for debate but with those who are qualified. Who has seen the movie safe house? Didn't Denzel say "I only kill professionals" lol. People debate opinions not facts. I'm usually bombarded with oooohhhh no that cant be true no way yea right and all of that. Never with scientifical facts thats contradict what I'm saying. The most someone will do is copy and paste someone else's words or a youtube video they just found themselves. I mean come on really.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Lol so many of you are so commical. Theres a quote in a book I just read that goes "if you think education is important you should try ignorance."

What book is that? The quote is "if you think education is EXPENSIVE you should try ignorance." What you presented does not make any sense so I want to take a look at this book.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ok, Ill research the "scientifical" lol writings that you are referring to and get back with you.
In the meantime, I agree with the view presented below, so there is a chance that I may never
respond.

Glad to see that you think so highly of yourself. lol

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

If you really think it's convenient to be a black guy in America, I'd like to know what kind of hallucinogens you have been ingesting! And to say that a white guy wouldn't have won the presidency, you MUST be joking.You think it's convenient to be black, and to that I'll say this, I'll bet you would not want to trade uniforms with me champ.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Originally posted by Starrunner

What really strikes me as odd is that there doesn't really seem to be any real attention to his mother or her family. There is more attention on his Kenyan roots then on his American roots and here he is the American President.

And I still hear people stuttering with oSama instead of oBama -

now whats that about?

I prefer Obuma myself...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join