It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come Obama is a BLACK MAN cuz he's 1/2 Black, but not White even though hes 1/2 White?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
do you think if obama waltzed into a kkk meeting they would say oh you are half white come on in? in our messed up american way of thinking

unfortunately there is still a racial stigma towards people with darker skin.

not to take away from obamas "blackness" i just wonder had obama been a black man born from two african american parents on the south side of chicago would he have been elected? i dont think so and i dont think america would be ready to elect a jesse jackson or an al sharpton.

agree with everything, great points! ..

hopefully, eventually that way of thinking will become passe.

except... all indication is America is working on turn-tabled and neo-nazi neo-Holocaust conc camps, gas chambers and ovens for non-Whites and non-Jews so well hidden away behind the scenes. Obama the "BLACK" president is conveniently placed there sheepinwolf to distract us and think we are being united when in reality its a global nucleoradiologic global holocaust depop DIVIDE & CONQUER in the works, big time still yet.

edit on 10-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

You think the FEMA re education camps are just for blacks and hispanic? That is seriously not understanding the conspiracy. The point of de-population is to get the whole earth down to a "sustainable" level and anyone not supporting them is a useless eater.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You must be black to bring this topic up. lol.. To me.he.looks pretty black.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You must be black to bring this topic up. lol.. To me.he.looks pretty black.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
During slavery, he'd still have been a slave, albeit a little closer to his master/father.

During jim crow, he'd still eat from the back of the restaurant, ride the rear of the bus.

During the pre-civil rights era, in the south, he'd still run risk of being lynched, even more so, seeing as his father mated with a white lady.

During any point in modern history, if he wasnt "the Prez" and just another name in the crowd, He'd have to worry about police profiling.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I have a white family friend who's white parents are from Africa born and raised. He is first generation naturalized imigrant does this make him african american? What about his white kids can they be called the same? I think it is ridiculous for the kids of color, 2nd, 3rd and on generations identifying themselves as african americans or japanese, mexican, chinese etc. if they were born here. My friend is an african american but his kids and all others referenced are AMERICANS.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's really tiresome trying to keep up around here...I wish this job paid.

Anyway, there are some things people don't seem to get. Let's work on some definitions:

Culture: the actions and rituals you undertake that help you to interact with and within your environment (and to understand that interaction).

Ethnicity: the genetic composition of a group insofar as a group can be delineated...this can be a troublesome word, but, for the long and short of it, ethnicity and culture are continua (continuums?) and while it could be argued that ethnicity and culture are really only analyzable on the individual level, I think, for our purposes it would be easier to at least work with these definitions at the group level, keeping in mind that they overlap.

Race: a non-concept, a myth, a pseudo-scientific evaluation of "ethnicity", stretched out into a broader, more generic focus that groups large swaths of people based on the most salient aspects of their genetics.

OK - those definitions out of the way, let's tackle a few more:

White: within the framework of the race myth, white refers to mostly Northern and Western European physical types. In reality, the most salient physical features of so-called White people are also present in Jews, Arabs, Slavs, Indians, Turks, Iranians, and others.

Black: within the framework of the race myth, black refers to Sub-Saharan Africans based on skin color alone, ignoring other salient features that clearly separate many different groups from the Sahel southward.

Black (when synonymous with African-American): within the sub-cultural framework of America, Black refers to any member of the Black sub-culture, who may or may not be majority West African by genetic ancestry. "Black" in this case becomes a valid term, because there are few other terms to replace it. Culturally speaking, Black Americans have traces of West African cultures buried in their culture, which are also mixed with mainstream North American representations and adaptations of English culture. Even the speech of African- (or Black) Americans shows a mixing of West African languages with the English language in what linguists refer to as a "decreolized creole".

Now that we have some definitions to work with, let's tackle the "one drop rule".

Many colonial cultures had a rule about mixing Africans, Native Americans and Europeans (and later Asians) and by default, if you were even "one drop" African or Native, you were not European. In the US this was very cut and dry, but in other Latin American cultures, different ethnic categories sprang up - some are words we know today, like mestizo or mulato, others are more obscure to English-speakers, Coyote (Mexico) and Zambo (Caribbean) or Pardo and Caboclos (both from Brazil).

Obama - in general - is not "Black" as defined above referring to African-Americans. He does not share the same historical and cultural similarities that would allow him to be part of that group. He is, however, "White" as posters on this thread have been using the term in that his mother has an ethnic background mixed from several different European ethnic groups. Most "Black" Americans are not from East African origin. Their "Blackness" comes from West Africa, which are both historically, culturally, linguistically and ethnically different from those so-called Black people in East Africa.

So, what is Obama?

Well, for starters, he's a human being. His ethnic background, when analyzed within the US black-and-white (literally, and figuratively) dichotomy of race (also known as the "one drop rule") is considered "Black". However, he is not African-American "Black" as his cultural and even, for the most part, ethnic ties to that group are not present.

For most Latin Americans, Obama would be a Pardo (the Brazilian definition) - rather a person of mixed African and European ancestry. So, from their point of view, he is neither Black (African) nor White (European).

Just to clear the air a little bit...a few questions:

How many of you knew that there are Haitians who are light-skinned or even full- or almost fully-European in their genetic make-up?

How many of you knew that slaves first passed through Brazil before coming to the Caribbean and the US South? ...and that many aspects of Black Americans are culturally shared with Haitians, Jamaicans and Brazilians (even so-called White Haitians, Jamaicans and Brazilians).

If you weren't aware of such facts, then you need to take a seat before discussing the finer points of these ethnic issues (or as some of you are calling them, "racial" issues), because if you don't have your basic notions of ethnicity vis-a-vis the Americas down pat and you don't have any real historical understanding of the issues involved, then you really don't have any factual or empirical footing whatsoever to be making some of the opinionated (and highly fictional) statements some of you are making.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
During slavery, he'd still have been a slave, albeit a little closer to his master/father.

During jim crow, he'd still eat from the back of the restaurant, ride the rear of the bus.

During the pre-civil rights era, in the south, he'd still run risk of being lynched, even more so, seeing as his father mated with a white lady.

During any point in modern history, if he wasnt "the Prez" and just another name in the crowd, He'd have to worry about police profiling.

During real life, people stop blaming others for their short comings. The very fact that this man is President should tell simple minded people like yourself to leave the past in the past when it comes to racism.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Not all slaves in Colonial America have been black either.

When White servitude is acknowledged as having existed in America, it is almost always termed as temporary "indentured servitude" or part of the convict trade, which, after the Revolution of 1776, centered on Australia instead of America. The "convicts" transported to America under the 1723 Waltham Act, perhaps numbered 100,000.
The indentured servants who served a tidy little period of 4 to 7 years polishing the master's silver and china and then taking their place in colonial high society, were a minuscule fraction of the great unsung hundreds of thousands of White slaves who were worked to death in this country from the early l7th century onward.

Up to one-half of all the arrivals in the American colonies were Whites slaves and they were America's first slaves. These Whites were slaves for life, long before Blacks ever were. This slavery was even hereditary. White children born to White slaves were enslaved too.

Whites were auctioned on the block with children sold and separated from their parents and wives sold and separated from their husbands. Free Black property owners strutted the streets of northern and southern American cities while White slaves were worked to death in the sugar mills of Barbados and Jamaica and the plantations of Virginia.
The Establishment has created the misnomer of "indentured servitude" to explain away and minimize the fact of White slavery. But bound Whites in early America called themselves slaves. Nine-tenths of the White slavery in America was conducted without indentures of any kind but according to the so-called "custom of the country," as it was known, which was lifetime slavery administered by the White slave merchants themselves.

by Michael A. Hoffman II
www.revisionisthistory.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
the one drop rule

2nd line

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He has problems, one of them is his anti whiteness, this may be a result of the "liberal"/"Left (or possibly cultural marxist) agenda to fight cultural revolution and divide people into groups, with one of the main targets being the "whites"....................or it may just be his own inbuilt prejudice.................or a combination
edit on 10-3-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't think the American public would give two hoots what color the president was.

So long as he does his job.Buy that i mean looking out for the people of the US.

And not caving in to big business and screwing the people over.

As i see it now obama was set as the token black president.

Im sure some have heard the term token before.

I for one do not care the color of the man in office.

But i do care fo what he stands for. I hope i am making sense here .

edit on 10-3-2012 by grayghost because: Add to post

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
the one drop rule

2nd line

erm

Who made that Rule?

Is this the only rule of "theirs" that you follow?

Or are you being selective (look no question mark)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm mixed, white mother and black father, and while I don't personally say I'm black OR white, the world will always look at me and say I'm black. A friend of my girlfriend is also mixed, but she always refers to herself as black, while I say I am neither, I am what I am.

Let's put it this way, black people will usually accept a mixed person as black, white people will NEVER accept a mixed person as white. It's not being racist, it's just facts. Black genes are more dominant in the body than white

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams
I'm mixed, white mother and black father, and while I don't personally say I'm black OR white, the world will always look at me and say I'm black. A friend of my girlfriend is also mixed, but she always refers to herself as black, while I say I am neither, I am what I am.

Let's put it this way, black people will usually accept a mixed person as black, white people will NEVER accept a mixed person as white. It's not being racist, it's just facts. Black genes are more dominant in the body than white

You are being racist, and I will prove it thus

* THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE WORLD OPINION ON THE RACE OF AN INDIVIDUAL

* PLENTY OF BLACK PEOPLE WILL NOT ACCEPT YOU AS BLACK

* I KNOW PLENTY OF WHITE PEOPLE WHO WILL ACCEPT YOU AS WHITE, INCLUDING ME

seems you got the same racist ju ju nonsense as obama

for crying out loud, in Sudan people murder each other in huge numbers and they often appear to have little difference in skin tone............
edit on 10-3-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

the one drop rule

2nd line

erm

Who made that Rule?

Is this the only rule of "theirs" that you follow?

Or are you being selective (look no question mark)

i dont follow this rule, just answering the OP topic question.
many ppl feel this way. im sure youve heard of this rule too.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What is up with this race bullcrap?

Dont like America? Then go back to your cultural country.

Honestly , this is one of the most stupid issues known to man. Race.

Who cares?

If you're an idiot , your an idiot. It's that simple , if you aren't , then you aren't.

----------
I am going to be very blunt here. I could care less about slavery in the past. Doesnt affect me and neither does it affect you any way (American Population).

It's the 21st century.

History is interesting and we learn from it , but i am not going to feel sorry for something i didn't do and i am not giving you compassion for something your fore fathers went through and survived because you havent gone through it , you deserve no compassion for what they went through. Only your fore fathers know the pain. Not you. Get over it , move on.

I said it way more blunt than i should have , this is a very blunt opinion , rest assured i would be way more respectful in person , but here we should be able to argue bluntly without having to sugar coat it. I dont take things to deep personal thought on the internet simply because i am here to bluntly argue and i hope you are too and to learn of course.
edit on 10-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeboWilliams

exactly. like my op above.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Black genes are more dominant in the body than white

Why is that so many Americans often say that as if they actually believe/accept its true?

Thanks for your honest, first hand input! Are you saying like "Black" genes are stronger than "White".

SKIN color alleles are actually codominant. No ifs ands or buts.. Perhaps you are referring to kinky hair?

And lets not forget lifetime sun exposure, many "mixed" black persons living up north, say Canada or Alaska often happen to be lighter in "color" than whites (or mixeds, or blacks) living in Hawaii.

Again, not really surprising unless observer is racist)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
go back to your cultural country.

Someone's quite presumtuous.

And am I to gather that American cannot be one's "cultural country"

Again more "All-American" arrogant BS mentality

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join