It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious disappearance of James Worson

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
That's scary stuff all right. Could those portals have popped up and taken people like the Bermuda Triangle has? Makes one wonder if we have worm holes and portals to other dimensions on earth and every once in awhile when it's open, someone accidently gets sucked in.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm glad the one about the poor farmer appears to have been debunked. I heard that one before and always felt so bad for the lot of them.

I do think there is too much room to suspect foul play in the case of the jogger.

I do know from my own odd experiences, particularly one in which my mom and I were instantly transported from one location in the house to another with no apparent time loss, that there are indeed weird things about this existence. But I find the idea of people literally vanishing into thin air, never to reappear to their friends and loved ones ever again, too horrific to contemplate and am always hoping to have these stories debunked or explained away.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is another story that I find strange but there could also be a plausible explanation to it

Flannan Isles Lighthouse Keepers, 1900

In December of 1900, the lighthouse keepers on the Flannan Isles off the coast of Scotland vanished. It was first noted when a steamer passed the lighthouse on December 15 and noticed the light wasn’t working. This was reported, but apparently nothing was done until the relief keeper and a crew with provisions went to the lighthouse on December 26. When no one came out to greet them, they entered the lighthouse and found the entrance gate and main door both closed, the beds unmade, the clock stopped and an overturned chair in the kitchen. The island was thoroughly searched for the men and any clues as to their whereabouts, but the only thing that was found was some damage done by a storm. Although this might seem like a clue, the log left by the keepers showed that it happened before they disappeared

Now most likely a rogue wave swept them out to see to never be seen again, but no one is quite sure.

www.neatorama.com...
This site has some interesting stories

www.mysterycasebook.com...

Percy Fawcett, 1925

When British archaeologist and explorer, Percy Fawcett, together with his eldest son, Jack, and friend Raleigh Rimmell, set out for the jungles of Brazil in search for a hidden “city of gold”, who could have imagined that something could possibly go wrong? As was wont to happen when people set off on adventures of this nature, they were never heard from again and their fate remains unknown to this day. Several unconfirmed sightings and many conflicting reports and theories explaining their disappearance followed, but despite the loss of over 100 lives in more than a dozen follow-up expeditions, and the recovery of some of Fawcett’s belongings, their fate remains a mystery. Probably ended up as shrunken heads on some witch doctor’s coffee table, but who knows? Sounds a little like an Indiana Jones movie to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just to clear things up about this whole story.... I suggest that you look up the author Ambrose Bierce. The story of James Worson is his. It's from a collection of short stories that he wrote.
edit on 5-10-2013 by LegendaryPotato because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join