It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP..Chevy Traverse DVD Player

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I took our 2011 Traverse in for repair on the radio. The radio, CD, all work fine, now the DVD player won't read a disc. It says " Disc Region Error". Yes, the did replace the entire unit, so does this mean they didn't use one for Region 1? Is there anyway to change the region without changing the radio again?
Thank you in advance!

Vin

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Find out the exact model of the player, then look up "Change DVD region codes" or "DVD region unlock" on Google. I've never tried it in a pre-installed DVD player, but I don't see why it wouldn't work the same as any other.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Could be the DVDs, depending on where you got them from. See if you can try them out in another vehicle at the dealership.

BTW, this is why a lot of people hate DRM. Inconvenience not worth the extra cost imposed on the public. Not exactly fair when companies can leverage global markets while average people aren't being allowed to.

Might want to look into whether the unit can play .mp4, or whether it's worth getting an aftermarket unit that can. Then you just make personal-use backups using handbrake or something similar. (Or even better - just put that .mp4 on an iPad or Android tablet if you have one.)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join