It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most interesting time of my life...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Back in the dark ages, the Reagan administration I was a free lance operative with the U.S. State departments Beuro of Intelligence and Research. I never for a moment thought I could find myself in a near war zone. But there I was, 26 years old in a very hostile country whose military was making moves that our satellites picked up at once. Apparently, so did the surrounding nations as the phone lines were burning up.

At the time I had a secure satellite phone and I got a call from a guy who is still in the government, unlike me so I won't mention his name. He said, and I quote "Do whatever you have to do but get the hell out of there now" I asked the obvious question why? He said we had detected massed armies on the borders with this country that involved no less then four countries. He said and I'm cleaning it up "the s*** is going to fly, one way or another"

For once in my life I had a life saving, for a lot of people brainstorm. I knew, roughly the location of one of our Navel Fleets, which one I can't say. I asked him if the aircraft carrier could cruise slowly by the coast of this nation, perhaps cooler heads would have the chance to prevail. Naturally working for the government he didn't have the authority to make that happen. I told him I don't care, then just go directly to the President under national security edict *** *******.

Sure enough three hours later that aircraft carrier and its support cruisers (and later I learned several of our submarines were also targeting there cruise missiles on that countries military and political infrastructure and Reagan personally placed a call to the head of state and in effect said, don't do anything stupid) All the head of state of that country had to do was look over his shoulder and see our carrier to know we weren't dicken around.

Few things in my life have given me the satisfaction of that day. No shots were fired. It was an absolute win-win for everyone. Not by us or them or anyone. And this entire event when I got white hair never even made the news. And thats called diplomacy with teeth.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Every important move like such is ALREADY planned regardless of what one of us PAWNS say or do. It wouldnt have happened regardless.

Pawns dont makes ANY difference in the outcome of the game or the "chess-moves" of world affairs.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Sorry friend, but I disagree. I was there and knew what happened. For years I had nightmares about what I saw. I was there and in my tiny little mind I honestly believed I among many others of course prevented a war. I will die believing this. Sometime one person does make a difference. I did my job and earned my pay in spades. At least thats what I think, so its all a delusion? But given how it turned out, its a damned good one.

new topics

join