It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gloria Allred seeking outright Prosecution for Rush Limbaugh.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Think the only thing concerned with is if you set the standards for others to live by they themselves should live up to them the simple fact the left doesn't which makes anything they say

MEANINGLESS.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
OH OMG! This is close to my worst nightmare...

Two people who I dislike fighting over our 1st Amendment right to Free Speech!

Noooooooooo! Tell me we don't we don't go out like this...lol

Seriously though...

Amendment I

Congress Shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hmmm....sandra...exercising her right to free speech...rush....let's see...bill maher...well he's a comedian...should never take a comedian seriously...rush...yeah let's go ahead and make something of this...rush has many listeners that might agree with him...we find away to silence him we take away a good chunk of resistance...and women everywhere will save thousan-...but that's not the issue...only sandra's right to free sex-i mean speech is what matter's now...That's what I think Gloria mumbled to herself seconds before her usual press conference. I knew that broad Fluke would reappear but not this quick. Obama gets so lucky, first Joe da Plumber, now Sandra da Pipelayer. Maybe those 2 should hook up, Joe could check her plumbing(may require a team of plumbers-3 grand's worth) and Sandra could lay his pipe...nah...I have a feeling she wouldn't dare touch a pipe...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is crazy, really just a distraction from the real issues of the day. Its already been a crazy year for across the board B.S. Calling this girl a slut was....tactless, immature...but really its Rush, whats new. Like many are saying, the other side of the politico spectrum is just as tactless and immature. Why would she open with saying some ones free speech is being stifled and slighted, then slight and try to stifle someone else? Freaking talking heads man...pff i tell yah. I cant wait until the news is Max Headroom at least then everyone will know what the teleheads are.

I had this discussion with a friend the other day about how mad she was that an employer/insurance company had the right to choose to/not to pay for contraception. What ever happened to free will & personal choice? If insurance A says they dont cover it, can't you choose to buy insurance B? The same concept with a company your work for. I know times are tough w/ the job market but can't you choose to work for another company? I have fragile Irish teeth like my whole family, my work...horrible dental ins, so i buy my own and dont get ins via work....

I know there are certain situations medically that call for birth control to be used and yes there should be a review process for extenuating circumstances but c'mon. Ovarian Cysts- should get covered for the medication needed to cure/treat. When it comes to contraception for sexual activity though...thats on you, just like its on me...Personal Resposability. Free clinics do still exist too, contraception is available. I think this is what the call a horse and pony show.
edit on 9-3-2012 by mid0night0lamp1111 because: got a bit off topic of the Op

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh florida, that explains it. That is the state that arrested a dude in another state for violating their "obscenity" blue laws. Oh but that was only a pedophile, so most were OK with it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Gloria Allred is hilarious. A lawyer who says someone should be prosecuted for free speech. Laughable. A lawyer whose duty it is to uphold the Constitution is against the First Amendment? I think the California Bar Association should have a look. Then on the other hand, it is California. I would hope they at least make her get a new hairdo. She always gives me a few chuckles.

She's always seems to right on the rear bumper of the ambulance every time !

They don't call her Gloria AllRED for noth'in !

and I wonder why Florida has tougher slander laws ?
(if they do that is)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

My bad for not putting in more material for context. (holds paw out for a slap)
err.. oops.

Let me add this to try and make that up a hare.

Criminal Libel

Unlike most states, Florida still recognizes criminal libel. Chapter 836 of the Florida Statutes does not define the elements of criminal libel, but it does specifically prohibit false statements that harm a bank or other financial institution's reputation or accuse a female of being unchaste. To the extent that the statute remains valid, criminal libel is a first-degree misdemeanor. However, a Florida appeals court found Fla. Stat. § 836.11 -- which deals with anonymous defamation of individuals or religious groups -- to be unconstitutional. State v. Shank, 795 So.2d 1067 (Fla.Ct.App., 4th Dist. 2001).
(emphasis mine) Source

This amounts to a blue law, as they're called. A law that is there from a stupid move somewhere along the line or a law so old, it belongs to another time altogether. The elements would be amusing to see a courtroom attempt at proving. Interesting things may come into play as valid evidence to be submitted.

Thanks for filling me in, a first-degree misdemeanor? You would hardly think that would get much press coverage. Well, between this and the Oxycontin use I don't think Rush will be in any Hall of Fame.

God Bless.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This misdemeanor offense allegation is the headline story at Drudge.

Does anyone else think it's BS that this story gets about as much attention as the death of my goldfish?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MSM=evil

God Bless

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's funny... "she was exercising her free speech"... well so was Rush Limbaugh. Liberal hypocrisy. Gloria Allred will do whatever she can do to remain relevant, although to remain relevant would suggest that at one time she was relevant, and she never has been.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
defamation, slander and libel are real

rush crossed a line

he should have to face any consequence the law provides

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Gloria Allred is hilarious. A lawyer who says someone should be prosecuted for free speech. Laughable. A lawyer whose duty it is to uphold the Constitution is against the First Amendment? I think the California Bar Association should have a look. Then on the other hand, it is California. I would hope they at least make her get a new hairdo. She always gives me a few chuckles.

Gloria Allred is just shooting herself in the foot.

Even the liberals are laughing at Allred.

Where was this Allred passion when Ed Schultz called Laura Ingraham a slut?

Selective moral outrage or just a laughable attempt to - Hush Rush -?

I think Gloria Allred should be disbarred for incompetence.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

rush crossed a line

Your reality distortion field is showing.

Gloria Allred looks like a desperate fool.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

rush crossed a line

Will his trial be before or after Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, Ed Shultz, and Randi Rhodes?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

rush crossed a line

Really? Why is that genius? Because he is Rush and he is easy to hate by a certain large group of people that you just so happen to be a part of? Your mock/hypocritical nobility is disgusting and blatant, much like asking the taxpayers to foot one's potential $3000. contraception bill. The only thing Rush is guilty of is sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here's the Florida Statue:

836.04 Defamation.—Whoever speaks of and concerning any woman, married or unmarried, falsely and maliciously imputing to her a want of chastity, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
History.—s. 1, ch. 3460, 1883; RS 2419; GS 3260; RGS 5091; CGL 7193; s. 990, ch. 71-136.

It's a Florida law that's been on the books since 1883....

How many other Florida statues from the 1880's are still being actively enforced?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There are far worse things said on the big three networks every night than what what Rush said (he did not need to go down that road, at least he apologized). I can barely watch TV in the prime time slots without constantly keeping my finger on the mute button or on the ready to change the channel with my kids present in the room these days. If its not verbal content, its graphic sexual situations or innuendo all on network TV. 8pm to 9pm used to be family hour on TV. Not anymore. It is now reading hour in our house.

Perhaps Allred should stick her claws into the downward spiral that Hollywood has created (they were enabled) for our nation. !@#$*% Pathetic.

Good Christian Bitches!! Really? Is that all they can come up with.
edit on 10-3-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Here's the Florida Statue:

836.04 Defamation.—Whoever speaks of and concerning any woman, married or unmarried, falsely and maliciously imputing to her a want of chastity, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
History.—s. 1, ch. 3460, 1883; RS 2419; GS 3260; RGS 5091; CGL 7193; s. 990, ch. 71-136.

It's a Florida law that's been on the books since 1883....

How many other Florida statues from the 1880's are still being actively enforced?

Go ahead. Drag Rush Limbaugh into court. I can hear the judge already.

" Case dismissed. Would you left wing loons get the hell out of my court room?!"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by satoriku

rush crossed a line

Really? Why is that genius? Because he is Rush and he is easy to hate by a certain large group of people that you just so happen to be a part of? Your mock/hypocritical nobility is disgusting and blatant, much like asking the taxpayers to foot one's potential $3000. contraception bill. The only thing Rush is guilty of is sarcasm.

It is grounds for a civil case, but not a criminal case (in most states), unless they've changed that since my 1970's business law class. Perhaps syrinx high priest was thinking civil case like I did. No need to jump this person, you yourself sound like a MSM commentator when you do.

If Fluke has no intention of pursuing a civil case, Alfred should mind her on business and drop it.

God Bless.
edit on 3/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Prosecution for SPEECH?! Actually charge him in a criminal court, for words he said that did not incite or cause violent action?

The law was already on the books. None of you had a problem with it until someone tried to prosecute Rush under it?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Rush broke a specific Florida law with what he said.
Rush should now get a pass because...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join