It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want to be a Freemason?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LeonoraTenen

Christianity stole most of it's base from Paganism.

Easter was the old Pagan spring fertility festival, egss and bunny rabbits never did make much sense as a way of celebrating a 3 day dead guy rising to go sit by his dad on a cloud.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
The statement where he was mocking the idea that Lucifer and Satan were the same thing; literally or figuratively? Too many think that the mere mention of Lucifer in Pike's book means we automatically worship this mislabeled being.

Here you are calling Lucifer a "mis-labeled being". Therefore you believe it exists (a "being"). Is that correct?

Are you dis-associating yourself and FM from Hall and the Philosophical Research Society, or HPB and the Theosophical Society?
What about Rudolf Steiner? Do you wish to disassociate and separate Freemasonry from his teachings?

Me making any point here, must hinge upon how you answer this.

Originally posted by KSigMason
Experience trumps book learning.

I have enough of both to "get it".

There is a direction culture is moving towards, which fulfills many ancient visions.
Everyone is playing their roles. I don't wish to disturb this process, nor would I *change a thing* if I could.
It is all perfectly-endowed ~ divinely-imbued.
I believe that at the top, it is truly all one thing: Self.
I don't wish to divide Good from Evil.
Yet I believe that Lucifer is playing the role of the trickster: Pan, Loki... while also posing as the true worshipful master. This is part of the duality which the physical realm of Free Will necessitates. There must be an opposer.. the adversary.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Christianity stole most of it's base from Paganism.

Easter was the old Pagan spring fertility festival, egss and bunny rabbits never did make much sense as a way of celebrating a 3 day dead guy rising to go sit by his dad on a cloud.

If you wish to say "Christianity" is what stole, then I feel your aim is slightly off here...

The City of Rome and Roman Catholicism were built (literally and figuratively) on top of Babylonian Paganism. That is where many of the symbols (as you said Easter Bunny, but also the Yule Log / X-mas Tree and plenty more) came from. But don't go preaching that stupid Zeitgeist documentary. It's a load of horse crap.

Your claim has no bearing on the more basic form of Christianity which precedes Catholicism and doesn't acknowledge these empty symbols. Even celebrating Christ's birth on December 25th was intended to coincide with the Feast of Nimrod (symbolized by "X" as in "X-mas") and Winter Solstice. Christ was likely born in what we refer to as late September.

On that note, we can say that our months, days of the week etc... and most everything in our modern culture is based on ancient "Pagan" deities, mythical figures and Astrology.

But you don't have to believe in the Easter Bunny to be a Christian.. and you could just as easily say Jews are stealing the Hannukah bush from Christians, just because their kids want presents too.

Do you think of a Hannukah bush when someone mentions the word "Jew"?? Probably not.
In other words, these meaningless symbols have no bearing on the doctrine of the religion and to think they do is a mistake that insiders and outsiders both make.

edit on 19-3-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The "X" in Christmas doesn't symbolize Nimrod, it is the Greek letter Chi (X) the first letter in the word Christ. The most basic form of ancient Christianity is practiced by Orthodox Christianity of which Catholicism was once a part before the Bishop of Rome asserted his supremacy.
edit on 19-3-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

If they stood for a REAL PROXY of LIGHT on EA*RTH and trully were for good 1 could see some consider. But to just be part of a gang mentality, NO.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Heh .... They have launched a new PR campaign to stop everyone from thinking they are some evil fraternal organization.

Of course they have ..... people think that for a reason.

Being the largest fraternal society on the planet ..... of course 99% of the members will say it's harmless and that they enjoy "being apart of something."

Okay.... that's fine ... and for the most part ...99% of masons are probably harmless and peaceful people.

The main benefit I see from becoming a member would be ... "Networking" on all levels. You would probably find a better job because you know someone who knows someone.

That being said.... I still won't join.

.... oh ...and lame that most of the thread turned into a a debate on JFK's speech .... anyone who can't see that it was doublespeak is blind.
edit on 19-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

are you saying you don't think JFK's speech to the press was about the need for more secrecy concerning national security?

If so, I invite you to check out this thread and ask the OP whatever questions you might have.

Perhaps you can school him on "doublespeak"

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"Would you want to be a Freemason?"

I find it moreso necessary to be one than anyother mysrery can account for...
You see... I was loved dearly by a woman who's father was a Freemason. He was so until his death.
When I found her.. she was alone here in the city with no friends and no family.
She was being tormented. Also... she had no place to call home.
I could go on about her misfortune and torment... But I won't at this time. If you must know PM me.
However, I now believe that my being a Freemason would do her good.
So... How can I become one? PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST "PAY MY WAY INTO IT" OR "BUY MY WAY INTO IT" Because that is actually something that I believe is a negative reply or response...

My reason for joining would be: "I want to carry on with her the way her father intended"
As a Freemason!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It was be extrememly odd for JFK to have been reffering to masons in such a negative manner, and yet personally request his security detail to be made up by Masons...which he did...a lil factoid I can assure is true. An addition I have heard but can not verify to that is that when asked why...his response was, "They know how to keep a secret".....history books are good things it's too bad more of the new generation of theorists do not open them......
edit on 23/3/2012 by ForkandSpoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForkandSpoon
It was be extrememly odd for JFK to have been reffering to masons in such a negative manner, and yet personally request his security detail to be made up by Masons...which he did..

Oh you mean the same security that mysteriously LEFT THEIR POSTS at the rear of his car as it took the right turn.. seconds before his head exploded?? I'm sure you're proud of the great job they did.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeonoraTenen

It was be extrememly odd for JFK to have been reffering to masons in such a negative manner, and yet personally request his security detail to be made up by Masons...which he did..

Oh you mean the same security that mysteriously LEFT THEIR POSTS at the rear of his car as it took the right turn.. seconds before his head exploded?? I'm sure you're proud of the great job they did.

well this little tid bit is easily proven. All you have to do is show a video of them leaving their posts. Since there are multitudes of different angles of this event, you should have no problem with the proof part of your incredibly bold statement.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by LeonoraTenen

well this little tid bit is easily proven. All you have to do is show a video of them leaving their posts. Since there are multitudes of different angles of this event, you should have no problem with the proof part of your incredibly bold statement.

Uhh.. Whatever this means................ I have no idea.

And I don't see how "incredibly bold" it was of me to point out the obvious fact that JFK's "masonic security" did a great job following the orders of their real boss.

EDIT: If you're insinuating that there is a *better* reason [other than them getting their own heads out of the way of the bullet(s)] for JFK's security to have left their posts, I'm all ears.

edit on 23-3-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

you claim that they left their posts. All the videos I saw showed them following the motorcade and when shots were fired, they lunged towards the car. I am sure somehow you remember it differently, but the video is quite clear.

Since you are on an anonymous forum, I suppose you can spin it any way you like.

It must be an evil masonic conspiracy. After all, you didn't get a copy of the meeting minutes, so they must be up to something.

Masons are everywhere. They are all watching you.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

you claim that they left their posts. All the videos I saw showed them following the motorcade and when shots were fired, they lunged towards the car. I am sure somehow you remember it differently, but the video is quite clear.

I'm referring to the two individuals at each of the rear corners of JFK's car (Don Lawton and Henry Rybka) who left their posts.. which has been much debated for the better part of 50 years. There is no conclusion only deception and cover-ups and ambiguity. I've absorbed the "How to Debunk & Refute JFK Conspiracies" propaganda & training material and by using my fantabulous discernment skills, I was able to deduce that there is a more honest side of the story and a less honest (and quite stretchingly manipulative) side of the story.

I never claimed that it was a masonic conspiracy... just that the 2 agents who were to jog alongside the president (NO MATTER WHAT) were following some un-believable and non-credible reasoning (orders) to leave their posts and go secure Love Field.
What the hell were they so intent on jogging alongside him for, during the first half of the drive? ...but as soon as he hits the stretch of public road, which was obviously NOT SECURED, they take off to lunch (literally) and leave him with his doink waving in the breeze?? Awesome work!!

Have you analyzed this AT ALL?
And do you tend to believe official stories 100% of the time? It seems so.

Just for fun... why don't you guys GO and listen to the Rick Ross (w/ Jay-Z) song "Freemason".
Or check out this video interview of him talking about it:
(if you just want to skip to his portion, it's at about 2:45)

Unfortunately that is the only video on YT that shows his MTV interview talking about the idea behind the song.

One of the verses in "Free Mason" goes like this:

My top back like JFK
They wanna push my top back like JFK
So, so I "JFK"
Join forces with the kings and we ate all day

rapgenius.com...

The black entertainers (Jay-Z, Kanye, Lebron, Kobe, to name a few) who throw up the 2 "masonic" hand signs are just showing that they are members of the PHA association.
You do know what masonic organization they are a part of don't you?

edit on 23-3-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Being a member of the freemasons is, in my book, an opportunity to broaden ones horizons on countless subjects. I still dont understand how people can be so ignorant and hate something they know nothing about. I love my PHAmily.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You're right on!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KingPanzergrenadier

How? How was petrus right on when he provided only opinion and slander?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Freemasons laid the bricks for the courthouse that put my friends away and that sucked my funds dry for a year. The law is the law but who said so? I know what's right and wrong and the freemasons didn't have to do the negative things they have done.

That's what I say.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FinalAccount2008
Freemasons laid the bricks for the courthouse that put my friends away and that sucked my funds dry for a year.

So because your friends boke the law and were prosecuted it is somehow the Masons fault because they held a cornerstone ceremony at the courthouse where they were convicted?

The law is the law but who said so?

United States law is based on centuries of precedent property and civil law. What did you and your friends do that you happen to disagree with?

I know what's right and wrong and the freemasons didn't have to do the negative things they have done.

Such as?

edit on 10-4-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalAccount2008

So the guys who laid a physical item is guilty of what the government does?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join