It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want to be a Freemason?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
No

They have limited power and influence

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Any group, that are supposed to be legitimate, then threaten you with death if you expose them, this must be well dodgy. I mean you can understand in a gangster world if you grass then you'll be punished accordingly, but that's expected, you'd know what you were getting into when you joined, them being criminals an all.
But if you're a good person and these masons seem good to you, but then you find out the truth (whatever it may be) and tell people for their safety, you'll be killed, WTF.

Maybe when you join these groups, especially if you don't believe in a God or Devil, or say Good and Bad, imagine the temptation you'd get knowing/thinking that nothing is good or bad, or lying to yourself that you're right. It's like selling your soul, but you don't seem to be getting a very good deal.

edit on 10-3-2012 by goinglocodowninacapulco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by goinglocodowninacapulco

Except that a Brother is never threatened for violating the obligation. Nor has anyone ever been slain in this way. It's no different than "cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye".
edit on 10-3-2012 by no1smootha because: iPhone spellcheck fail

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by goinglocodowninacapulco

Where did you hear that Mason's threaten to kill anyone who exposes their stuff?

You'd be surprised how much of their sacred stuff is on the internet.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Obviously i don't know for sure, i'm just letting my mind wonder. But i heard a few times recently that you get a pretty degrading death. I can't remember, something like being killed and then tied up in the sea. I'll see where i heard this from soon, i'm tired and have had beers. I really hope it is good, if i found out and truly believed i'd probably like to join a group.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Well, i can't say anything about that really, as i don't know. But i'm a truth seeker, or conspiracy theorist (my Dad's a conspiracy theorist too), albeit lazy ones at the moment. I started off about 5 years ago (probably wasted time) watching about 8 hrs of youtube conspiracy videos a day, so i just really wan't to know the truth. I sometimes wish i didn't start my journey down the rabbit hole, I'm probably more lost now than when i started as at least i had my own views then, now i probably have a load of crap put in my mind.
Sorry for waffling, felt like i needed to say that to someone. Thanks.
edit on 10-3-2012 by goinglocodowninacapulco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
some people are about as switched on as an x-box in a amish house on this subject.one of my kin was master mason before albert pike was grand master . he was the one that laid the foundation stone for the statue of liberty in 1888 so its not to hard to figure out my name .why dont you join up as they say if it doesn;t do you any good it wont do you any harm good place to meet friends & better youself .couple of interesting books for you to read young man 1/ eliphas levi its doctrainse & ritual plenty about jeebus in there 2 www.hbci.com /%ewenonah/history/nathan-s.htm .nathan stubblefield try this one first .ps dont bring mein kampf as your holy book even though they say you need a sense of humor toy join the lodge nanu nanu

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeonoraTenen
I love how all the Freemasons have Google Alerts set up so they know exactly when they're being talked about.. then they can chime in and tell everybody the boogieman is really their friend.
JFK was not talking about USSR when he threatened to dismantle the CIA and overturn the Fed (EO 11110).
It's so funny to me to see the FM spin doctors try to say it wasn't "SECRET SOCIETIES WITH SECRET OATHS" that he was talking about.
Where's the secret oath for the USSR? HAHA.. Awesome!
Kennedy figured out after the Cuban Missile crisis and Bay of Pigs, that he was being lied to and manipulated by the CIA and his "handlers". He snuck secret letters to Kruschev and then they both figured out they were being manipulated by their respective TPTB's.
Before that he was a polyanna and that was when he pulled a Palin and "went rogue".
Since the beginning of America, our leaders have been a mixture of F.M's and people who had a problem with F.Masonry.
Many of our leaders have voiced their concerns about having someone who is a sworn-in govt official, be also sworn to a *secret oath in a secret society* which arguably supercedes his oath to his country. It's a conflict of interests... sort of like seeing John Ashcroft (or Kissinger) on the Board of Directors of Monsanto, while being the Secretary of State or Attorney General. Especially after Kissinger wrote "Food as a Weapon".
The problem with Freemasonry is the compartmentalization. You never know what SPIN you are getting since everything is shrouded in layers deep of meaning, ranging from mundane to highly esoteric. The problems aren't on a local/lodge basis, but it is widespread.
One of my close friends, who I've known for over a decade and lived with... was the Worshipful Master of a Lodge in Los Angeles. He was also one of the organizing members of the local branch of OTO/Thelema.
He had a poster of Baphomet (the usual image) on his wall.. was an advanced Alchemist.. and belonged to many other secret societies, ranging from Hermetic Order of Golden Dawn.. to Paul Foster Case's BOTA (the Builders of the Adytum).
We had long talks about the nature of Lucifer and God and the dog star Sirius, which is the true meaning of the All-Seeing Eye of "Providence".
I attended OTO meetings, celebrations at the Golden Dawn temple in Pasadena and when I expressed interest, I was brought into his SR lodge with him and one of the TRUE old-timers. They vetted me, but I bowed out, due to my concerns and fears.
The nefariousness of this "Ancient Order" is much more than people using their clout to get out of parking tickets.

edit on 10-3-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

Google alerts

There is no extreme that these evil, demon possessed people, will go to in order to further their nefarious agenda.
Even on this board, there is a well known Lucifarian, and, I even agree with some of what he says on other topics.
But I am reminded on what my father has taught me. The devil will tell you a thousand truths so that you will believe one of his lies.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Only a select few Freemasons can be looked upon as evil because of the influence they and they're money have on the world. Freemasonry is basically a brotherhood, there are lodges set up EVERYWHERE, I live in New Zealand and there's probably over 2000 lodges. My Grandfather was the Master in the year 1975 at the lodge in my town (which doesn't operate anymore as far as I know) and I've recently looked over the books, certificates and notices that he had kept in a small locked up case. Judging by what I've read being a Freemason basically means being a good honest man and to obey the law and give thanks to God.

I'll quote something from the constitutions book:

"A Mason is obliged, by his tenure, to obey the moral law; and if he rightly understand the art he will never be a stupid atheist nor an irreligious libertine. He, of all men, should best understand that God seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh at the outward appearance, but God looketh to the heart."

I personally found it funny that it says stupid atheist lol.

Also one of the regulations:

3. "You promise not to be concerned in plots or Conspiracies against Government, but patiently to submit to the decisions of the Supreme Legislature."

Some pics, had to use my webcam so they aren't the greatest

imageshack.us...

imageshack.us...

imageshack.us...

edit on 10-3-2012 by nateNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think having the influnce and power they have, it would be cool to be able to use that knowledge and resource to make postive change for the world. But from what I've read here and other web sites, it seems their influnce has collapsed on it self in a way to bring nothing but corruption from the power which they weild. So much to the point they take to worshipping some nasty things and loose track of the real picture. Wouldn't want anything of that rot. If self service to only your group and increasing it's influence instead of helping to build a better tomorrow is your club's motto, than that's just not a group of people I would like to hang around.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'd rather be a plumber they make a helluva lot more money.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
There is no extreme that these evil, demon possessed people, will go to in order to further their nefarious agenda.

Well, as I said before, I don't use Google Alerts to see what anti-Masons think. Its usually pretty easy to find what you say since its the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
But from what I've read here and other web sites, it seems their influnce has collapsed on it self in a way to bring nothing but corruption from the power which they weild. So much to the point they take to worshipping some nasty things and loose track of the real picture.

Don't believe everything you read.

If self service to only your group and increasing it's influence instead of helping to build a better tomorrow is your club's motto, than that's just not a group of people I would like to hang around.

Self service? No, we're not about selfishness, it's about service to our fellow man. That is abundant in Freemasonry.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I think having the influnce and power they have, it would be cool to be able to use that knowledge and resource to make postive change for the world.
We do. We give more than one million dollars a day to provide medical care to burn victims, kids with learning disabilities, and numerous other ailments. What have YOU done lately?

But from what I've read here and other web sites, it seems their influnce has collapsed on it self in a way to bring nothing but corruption from the power which they weild. So much to the point they take to worshipping some nasty things and loose track of the real picture. Wouldn't want anything of that rot.
The only thing we worship is God. Nothing more, nothing less.

If self service to only your group and increasing it's influence instead of helping to build a better tomorrow is your club's motto, than that's just not a group of people I would like to hang around.
Laughable that you think we're not actively trying to make a positive impact on the world. There is no "self service"—it's all about charity and what we can do for others who need help.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I love how all the Freemasons have Google Alerts set up so they know exactly when they're being talked about.. then they can chime in and tell everybody the boogieman is really their friend.
Clearly you're new here, but there are more than a dozen Masons here on ATS that have been members here for years and read this forum daily. No Google Alert necessary. We'd be here teasing Network Dude about drinking sweet tea whether you posted in this forum on any given day or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Those responses came across as mildly harsh at points without understanding the definition of the word "if".

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

You are already a slavemason.

Your choices are to become a freemason or a runaway slavemason.

I am a runaway slavemason. Freemasons are jealous.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Who don't YOU try answering the hard questions I posed, instead of hitting the easy Tee-Ball like you're riding the short bus.

Can you address the actual important points I brought up instead of distracting with semantics??

What hard questions? The only question you asked was about the video with the older gentleman and his silly comments. Since this is the only 'hard' question you asked (questions have question marks '?' after them) I will give you my opinion. He was screwing with the people conducting the interview.

Now, in the future, if you have a question, please learn some proper sentence structure and punctuation and frame it in the form of a question and I will be happy to answer them.

The answer to your irrelevant question is "WHO KNOWS?!?!" Nobody.. not you, not anybody.
And more importantly "WHO CARES?!?!" It doesn't change a word he said, nor does it change the meaning.

Your puerile pewling does not negate the fact that President Kennedy was himself a member of a secret society and, if you actually read and analyzed the speech, was not speaking of secret socities but calling for more secrecy from the press.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Q- Why was JFK opposed to secret societies with secret oaths, if he was a member of one until he died?

Possible Answers...

Correct answer: He was refering to the press.

I find it very difficult to see how anyone can misinterpet this speech:

I have selected as the title of my remarks tonight "The President and the Press." Some may suggest that this would be more naturally worded "The President Versus the Press." But those are not my sentiments tonight.

Owing to his call for more secrecy from the press.

I want to talk about our common responsibilities in the face of a common danger. The events of recent weeks may have helped to illuminate that challenge for some...

He is refering to the Bay of Pigs fiasco.

...but the dimensions of its threat have loomed large on the horizon for many years. Whatever our hopes may be for the future--for reducing this threat or living with it--there is no escaping either the gravity or the totality of its challenge to our survival and to our security--a challenge that confronts us in unaccustomed ways in every sphere of human activity.

He is refering to Communism, particularly in the Western Hemisphere. You need to bear in mind that this was the height of the Cold War.

This deadly challenge imposes upon our society two requirements of direct concern both to the press and to the President--two requirements that may seem almost contradictory in tone, but which must be reconciled and fulfilled if we are to meet this national peril. I refer, first, to the need for a far greater public information; and, second, to the need for far greater official secrecy.

The bolded part is completely self-explanatory.

But I do ask every publisher, every editor, and every newsman in the nation to reexamine his own standards, and to recognize the nature of our country's peril. In time of war, the government and the press have customarily joined in an effort based largely on self-discipline, to prevent unauthorized disclosures to the enemy. In time of "clear and present danger," the courts have held that even the privileged rights of the First Amendment must yield to the public's need for national security.

A clear and unambiguous appeal to the press for more secrecy in concerns of national security.

Today no war has been declared--and however fierce the struggle may be, it may never be declared in the traditional fashion. Our way of life is under attack. Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe. The survival of our friends is in danger. And yet no war has been declared, no borders have been crossed by marching troops, no missiles have been fired.

The bolded part is a direct reference to the Soviet Union and its allies.

If the press is awaiting a declaration of war before it imposes the self-discipline of combat conditions, then I can only say that no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of "clear and present danger," then I can only say that the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent.

Another clear call for more secrecy from the press.

It requires a change in outlook, a change in tactics, a change in missions--by the government, by the people, by every businessman or labor leader, and by every newspaper. For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Again, it is very obvious he is refering to the Soviet Union, its oppresive regime and how they handled their client states and allies.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match.

Here is the clincher so to speak. If he is refering to 'secrect societies' then why does he specifically mention the Cold War?

There is no confusing the intent and topic of this speech. Only the purposefully oblivious can read this and misinterpret his point.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Believe me, I know as much as any of you about Freemasonry. I've studied it for years.

...studied it for 30 years.

I understand quite well that the lines between Lucifer (not the same as "the devil" or "Satan" FYI) and "God" (Adonai according to Albert Pike) are blurred in Freemasonry...

Oh, hah, hah, hah. You 'studied' Masonry for 30 years and you mention the Taxil Hoax? Looks like you wasted a lot of time. Here is a tip: stay off the Jesus-nutter websites, put down the pop-up books and actually do some real reading. You may learn something.

Allow me to help you begin your journey to understanding. The Taxil Hoax:

"That which we must say to a crowd is - We worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition. To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we stay this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st, and 30th degrees - The Masonic Religion should be by all of us initiates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine.

If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay whose deeds prove his cruelty, perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science, would Adonay and his priests, calumniate him? Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. for the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods; darkness being necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive.

Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophical religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil."

edit on 11-3-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
Freemasons are jealous.

Of what?

I can't wait to hear this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join