It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want to be a Freemason?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
And it really brings up the bigger question of why does "occult" mean "hidden from sight" (or "obscured)?

I would argue that this "mystery" tradition is too controversial for everyone to hear, simply because it goes against our broader cultual notions about the nature of God and "evil".

Most people just aren't ready to merge the two sides into one by saying it was all created and imbued by God (both Elohim the imminent and YHVH the transcendent) and was prophesied millenia ago, therefore all co-created by the one + all.

There are [perhaps "greater"] minds & souls, who have a fire burning inside of them.. who want to know the true nature of divinity; especially in how it pertains to and interfaces with this plane of free-will. For that I commend any person who is on the path of higher knowledge.

When the bible says (Luke 12:7 and Matthew 10:30) "God knows every hair on your head"..
And in Isaiah 45:7 when God says "I created good and I created evil." I take that to mean together, that nothing which is done, isn't known by God *beforehand* and it says (somewhere else) that "a man doesn't hurt his finger below, without it having been projected from above." As above so below.

In these perspectives, it's hard NOT to say that Lucifer and God are both partners in some way.
Look at how Lucifer said to God that Job's faith was only because of his good fortune (luck) and that if God were to take it away, he wouldn't be so faithful. So God took the lives of his wife and children!

It's as though they are arm in arm laughing away while we bump our heads looking for the light switch.

So it is easy for me to see why people would subscribe to any number of beliefs they find themselves gravitating toward, depending on... well, circumstance.

I'm not a religious know-it-all, at all... I'm a confused seeker who has sought and sought for a very long time. I'm running out of things to read, yet the questions all still remain.

Mother Theresa and Aleister Crowley, (quite opposites) both died "confused" and "perplexed".. I guess why shouldn't I? Isn't that what free-will is about anyway? Not knowing? Then you still have choices to make.

edit on 18-4-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Sorry we were typing at the same time so I hadn't seen your post yet.

Very powerful words!! I really feel what you are saying and agree.
Thank you!!
edit on 18-4-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It depends, do they have rules? If so, then no. I have been told I have a problem with rules, that I do not believe they apply to me

I probably would not be a good pick...unless they like rebels and can give me a cause

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem
It depends, do they have rules? If so, then no. I have been told I have a problem with rules, that I do not believe they apply to me

I probably would not be a good pick...unless they like rebels and can give me a cause

I've been told the same thing!
And I do just fine as a Mason. There are some basic rules, like having good manners, respecting the person that has the floor, and paying your dues on time, but nothing a rebel like us can't handle.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

You write

".........Osiris was a purely philosophical concept that presupposed Christ.............."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I respond.

Osiris is described as being a god in Ancient Egyptian Philosophy that predated religions based on him,
Osiris.
God with a small g as in the god Osiris is described as a Natural Law.
Osiris is both a natural law and also can be a living being
Osiris is said to incarnate often - in many guises such as musician etc
So yes Osiris presupposed Christ they are the same principle

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I can't be one either.... Not becuase of rules. But because I have short attention span.
:
Whoever has the floor may have the floor whilst I have the time to look deeper insiide myself for amusement.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How does a 1-2-3 degree Mason network with higher Masons? How do Masons meet? Why do some higher Masons claim lower Mason have NO idea what is REALLY going on......

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666
How does a 1-2-3 degree Mason network with higher Masons? How do Masons meet? Why do some higher Masons claim lower Mason have NO idea what is REALLY going on......

There is none higher than 3rd degree, but if one wants to join the appendent bodies, they just ask. They meet at Lodge if they are all Masons, if one is not a Mason and they want to meet some Masons they can visit any lodge. No higher level Masons claim lower level Masons have NO idea because there are no higher level. What you read on the internet is mostly speculation, gibberish, or sometimes a disgruntled ex-Mason.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Or complete fabrications.

You know how much Dan Brown has made off of Masonic conspiracy theory? Bucket loads.

The anti mason stuff is almost equal to fiction, DB is just better at articulating a story.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Or complete fabrications.

You know how much Dan Brown has made off of Masonic conspiracy theory? Bucket loads.

The anti mason stuff is almost equal to fiction, DB is just better at articulating a story.

Also Dan Brown stole others research and twisted it into a dollar making story

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Yeah, I read a lot about that whole thing. I forget the names but there were two authors who sued Dan Brown, if I remember right. Found a link , here

Also his main character, IMO, is based off a real life Masonic researcher Robert Lomas.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Thanks for link a real blast from the past
Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, authors of "The Holy Blood And The Holy Grail,"

Remember reading their book though it was many years ago
Their book was partly the cause for me visiting Roslyn Chapel before Dan Brown was even known.

edit on 19-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Here is the quote i found.

When the Mason learns.... The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of his forefather, Tubal-Cain, who with the mighty strength of the war god hammered his sword into a plowshare." [Manly P. Hall, 33rd Degree]

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I feel this should probably be seen before you all make your assessments.

And if the damn video doesnt work, here is the link for it. MASON VID

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

When the Mason learns.... The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of his forefather, Tubal-Cain, who with the mighty strength of the war god hammered his sword into a plowshare." [Manly P. Hall, 33rd Degree]

Manly Hall wrote that as a 24 year old decades prior to becoming a Mason.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
I feel this should probably be seen before you all make your assessments.

And if the damn video doesnt work, here is the link for it. MASON VID

It has already been posted twice in this thread by me. And I've been publically shamed for putting it on here...

All the masons claim he was kidding to f*ck with the Christian holding the camera.
I think that's BS and my bells go off when I hear someone say he's kidding. He was too prepared and straight-faced to be making it up for the camera. And he's weirdly defensive at first saying "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" and then quickly says "Oh bless you brother!" when the guy says he's gonna put it up on the internet. He's not pulling the guy's leg.

It's more likely that he's an old man and is starting to forget what he is and isn't supposed to say out loud... or out of lodge. Hahah.. sorry. It seems likely enough.
edit on 20-4-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Manly Hall wrote that as a 24 year old decades prior to becoming a Mason.

And it has never once been refuted or denied by a mason.
I heard about this book and was recommended all of Hall's books, by a freemason.

If this slip-up (by a non-mason) puts something out there that is so glaringly INACCURATE about masons, then why don't Masons call Hall's "The Lost Keys of Freemasonry" an actual "ANTI-Masonic" work?

Doesn't really pan out for me. Makes no sense.

With him and Pike mentioning Lucifer so often, you'd think it had something to do with Freemasonry's teachings...
And if it isn't something you guys are willing to discuss, then one can only deduce that your "Royal Secret" has something to do with this. Tell me why shouldn't logical people come up with this conclusion???

edit on 20-4-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LeonoraTenen

So what?

Even if he was serious, any Mason is free to worship Lucifer if they want to. A Mason has to believe in one, ever-living creator, and it doesn't matter what their religion is. If someone worships Lucifer, it isn't much different than worshipping Christ is it? I mean, both are substitutes for the "Creator." One can believe in a single Creator, and still worship Christ, Buddha, Lucifer, Muhammed, or whoever they wish.

So, even if this guy was telling the truth, it doesn't mean I worship Lucifer, or any other Mason does. It means that one particular guy does.

I can guarantee there are no Lucifer worshippers in my Lodge, and I am probably the only one in my Lodge that could even speak logically about what it might mean to worship Lucifer, and why it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but all of my knowledge on that subject comes from ATS, not the Masons, and if I brought it up in Lodge, first I would be chastised for bringing religion into the lodge, and next I would be overwhelmed by the knee-jerk reaction of all the Christians in my lodge that are programmed to think anything like Lucifer is pure evil.

By the way, have you researched Luciferianism? It isn't a whole lot different than Christianity except that it worships Lucifer as the protector and liberator of man. While Jesus shows us the way to reach the father, Lucifer shows the godliness in man, and a different way to reach enlightenment. Probably closer to Prometheus than Christ, but still a protector of mankind against the gods.

I'm not a Luciferian, but I don't fault anyone who is, and I don't assume they are some type of demon anymore than I would think a Buddhist, or a Hindu, or a Catholic, or a Jew was some type of demon.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeonoraTenen

With him and Pike mentioning Lucifer so often, you'd think it had something to do with Freemasonry's teachings...

Hall wrote over 40 books....in all of them, the word "lucifer" is mentioned once. Pike also wrote about 30 books, along with hundreds of essays, poems, lectures, etc. In all of them, he uses the word "lucifer" four times. Three are in Morals and Dogma, with two of those being quotes from Eliphas Levi. The other is in the Legenda to the 32nd Degree, where he uses the word to refer to the planet Venus. So I don't think it is accurate to say that they "mentioned Lucifer often". They barely mentioned the word at all.

And if it isn't something you guys are willing to discuss, then one can only deduce that your "Royal Secret" has something to do with this.

Pike explains the Royal Secret in the lecture to the 32nd degree in Morals and Dogma. It is the mystery of the balance, the universal equilibrium.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LeonoraTenen

Who gives a crap if you're publicly shamed. We all know it's the truth, so we will say it. A private investigator even investigated the Skull and Bones once and filmed a secret ritual, they "pretended to kill someone" in the ceremony and had to kiss a skull. If that is not Satanism I don't know what is. And as for the person below me who believes Luciferianism is okay, and just like the Bible. It is not. It is a direct perversion and opposite of the Bible, and teaches the direct opposite of what Christ does. It is just phrased flowery and such so you are deceived. I think most of us know the truth, even if the lemmings don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join