It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we predict the future from events from the past?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So, we all are aware of the Kony 2012 compaign and the child soldiers, but with reports from various sources from within Uganda of quite, and no sign of Joesph Kony it starts to ring deja vu for me.

Let's go back 11 years to just after 9/11, when the goverment and media spoon-fed us two pieces of propganda; Saddam Huessein is developing WMD's and Afghanistan is being used as hub for international terrorists including OBL and Al-Qaeda.

Now let's look at each invasion and the outcome;

Iraq

We went in search of weapons of mass destruction and found absolutely nothing, killing the leader of the country in the process and replacing him with an unpopular westernised politician that is no doubt on the US and NATO's payroll

Result: WMD's where fantasy and used as propoganda to fuel the invasion of a country who was once in line with the US during the gulf war. A country which just so happens to have one of the largest oil reserves in the world and has strategic importance on the globe being a neighbour to several oil rich countries and within striking distance of ballistic missiles from Russia and China (Rockets and go two ways).

War on Terror: Afghanistan

The next is the long drawn out conflict in Afghanistan, which started as a hunt for international terrorists and the most wanted man on the planet Osama Bin Laden. OBL turned out to be an invisible man, that somehow managed to evade capture from the largest concentration of military and intelligence forces on the planet, whilst never being seen for 11 years by anyone familiar to who he is.

For more infomation and why Afghanistan is important to the west take a quick look at this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, not only does Afghanistan have many natural resources that are scarce and of very high value in the west, but again the same as Iraq it has strategic importance on the map.

Result: 10 years from the original invasion and the man we went in for in the first place was found not in the country we invaded but a country who is a supposed ally to the west, right next to a military academy - Pakistan. 10 years is along time to fight a guerilla force of Taliban and there is only so many terror camps that can be destroyed.

Libya

Libya is exactly the same as Iraq, it has a huge oil reserve. Muammar Gadaffi however is popular amongst the Libyian populace and not easily ousted. Solution? hired the same men you have been killing for years in Afghanistan and Iraq and promise them a country where they can incite Shira law and have a 'safe haven' free from western control. What does the west get out of it? Oil of course.

Result: $$$$$$$$$$$$

So what could happen in the future? Oil is expensive and is currently in short supply all over the world with prices rising daily. Uganda has a very large reserve of oil that has only recently been discovered, and Iran is currently a major supplier of oil. Several countries yet to be controlled or invaded by NATO forces include Venezula, Iran, Nigeria, Uganda, Saudi Arabia, and Russia.

Take a look at the following image:

Venezuela stands alone surrounded by neutral countries and large bodies of water, not easily accessible.

Saudi Arabia is an ally of the West, rule them out.

A Russian invasion would incite a world war with China and Korea being involved.

What does that leave?

Iran - Surrounded by countries that are currently occupied by NATO forces and their allies.
Nigeria & Uganda - Not too far from Libya, which could easily be used as a hub for military supply.

So, three countries with exceptionally large oil reserves are currently free of occupying troops, let's face it the oil we have from the countries we have already "liberated" is bound to run out at some point and with the growing devaluing of the dollar, it's pretty obvious what is going to happen, what we don't have we will take.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's a pattern-- Amazing that the psychopaths can keep getting away with the same playbook over and over again. Any ideas about whether they'll get away with it yet again or will they be stopped this time ?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If you study the past it can help you to somewhat predict the future. Sometimes things happen that make other things change direction but even that tendency can be found by good knowledge of history.
edit on 9-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It is amazing, how humanity is having so many opportunities to learn from the past, but never does.

I think the tried-and-true tactics are getting expired. With this Kony thing, I don't think anyone wants any foreign military invasion. People would not let it happen. USA already sended troops there a couple of years ago with provision of protecting not taking over.

The USA now is resisting Israel's desire to invade Iran. Although gifting them with military supplies to sort of bribe them into not invading is not so hopeful. I can see it happening, although. Russia is likely to side with Iran. If Russia gets involved, it takes other nations into it with it. And there is A LOT of anti-American sentiment here, not just with the people, but in the governments. So if we get involved, things will be terrible.

You can predict future conflict. What you cannot predict is how bad it will be.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
It's a pattern-- Amazing that the psychopaths can keep getting away with the same playbook over and over again. Any ideas about whether they'll get away with it yet again or will they be stopped this time ?

Sure can be stopped. All people need to do is start waking up and open there minds to the possibility that governments around the world that we appointed are nothing more than the tyrants like the ones they claim to be hunting.

I remember a quote I seen towards the end of the "Wake up call" documentary where a key note speaker told us of a pitch black room where someone could walk in and flick a switch the darkness would immediately flee but it can't be done the opposite way.

The majority of us are still in the dark, we still don't quite understand what is really going on and the people we appointed aren't doing things in our best interests but for interests al international bankers and their own personal gain. It's not just a coincidence that some of the remaining countries with large oil reserves don't have a Rothschild or other banking family controlled central bank. Libya was the most recent to be brought into the Rothschild family.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13540514#pid13540514

Let's look at how the most famous tyrant of all time twisted the German population to suit his own personal goals. Hitler didn't immediately start building forces and force the German people into world conquest, he started printing news paper articles blaming the things going wrong in society on the Jews.

Everything starts with small bits of propaganda and once your on side YOUR actually the ones that give the go ahead for war. The same thing will happen with Kony, the guy has been quite since 2006 yet now when Oil has been discovered small bits of propaganda has been introduced to social media, next we will hear of his anti-western views and how he has massacred more children than first expected, then guess what? The public will demand justice, and NATO will be glad to help you out.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nicolas Cage did this in a movie called Knowing but it turned out it was all aliens and they all died so id back prolly back off.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The answer is "of course". It a simple thing with covariance based least squares minimizations in mathematics - that's known as "Kalman Filter".

Here's my college thesis, Fault Prediction With Regression Models where I applied that with a computer model to predicting failures in aircraft BEFORE they fail.

Since then its clear to me that replicating that math into a "wavelet decomposition" of the data samples would provide even more useful results - scheduling maintenance, etc.

The model will work with nearly anything that has "correlation". If I had the $ it would work on the stock market too. One of my previous employees from the 1990s is actually employed doing that in a wall-st consulting company.

new topics

top topics

join