It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Horton's new Large Cappuccino will do you some serious damage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
What really bothers me is the "weenie-ization" of Canadians these days. What happened to our quiet strength and higher than high tolerance for extreme physical abuse? !!

Rally 'round the bacon sandwich with me my fine flatulating friends and don't be discouraged by the tiring tirades of lesser lunatics than ourselves. Vive la Timbit and make mine a double double !!

Laughing and typing here at the same time, hell yes it is good to have bacon, as a matter of fact and I kid you not we have a half pound of back bacon in the fridge as I speak...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by Danbones
Tim Hortons specifically uses a bean thats natural chemical make up contains a chemical that makes sugar taste less sweet so they can load it up with kick and you can't taste it

when added to the caffiend, this helps keep you....us... going back

yum
yakkayyakkayakkaykak

Im told its the perfect counterpoint to herbal schticks of various humorization

edit on 9-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Great post and I thought it was bull crap until my wife stepped into the room and said to me yes they actually have this bean.

Always got time to learn :-)
Regards, Iwinder

Please say thanks to the little lady Iwinder for saving my canadian bacon and buy your wife a timmy from me

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
On a more serious note here 24 tea spoons is just about a half cup of sugar so just imagine that in your morning coffee every day for a week..

And to those whom did not read the link the Hot Chocolate has 27 tea spoons of sugar..... from there you can work it out yourself...

This cannot end well.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've had my third extra large today
Of course, just milk, no sugar. Just give me the drug

Tim Horton's is such a regular thing and everyone here has such high tolerance, the new XL is no big stretch. We literally have about 4 within a 15 minute walk from here.
I am somewhat untrusting of why Tim's coffee tastes like no other coffee on earth however. Always astounds me how you can use their coffee in their coffee machine and still never have it taste the same. It's in the cups I swear!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just like the DARE program says: Just say No!
(Deadly Aweful Raunchy Edibles)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have never been to a "Tim Horton's", but reading your post about the new size I would have to say, they are offering it because people are demanding it and if they weren't the company would not be offering it.

It reminds me really of part of the "Supersize me" documentary where they had I believe it was a nutritionist pointing out the size increases in mcdonalds fries over the years all the way up to the supersize. The funny thing is she never said why Mcdonald's was increasing their size of fries over the years, which is because their customers were wanting more fries with their meal.

And, really I get kind of tired of people acting like it is the fast food chains fault for a lot of people being obese and eating way to much bad food. The fact is I eat fast food, maybe once every couple of months if that and at home I don't stuff my face all day and then sit on the couch watching tv and or twiddling my ipad or game controller. I eat normal meals and only do moderate exercise and I am not, nor have ever been obese.

The problem with obesity in this country is not fast food restaurants, the problem is the average person makes bad choices and that is there business, the thing is even if fast food chains didn't offer supersized portions, these same people would order two or three smaller portions to make up for it.

Of course looking up Tim Horton's I see they sell donuts, cookies and breakfasts sandwiches and stuff, which means they are not really a healthy place to eat in the first place. lol

Anyway, I will finish with a bit of wisdom, "Everything in moderation.."

edit on 13-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: edit

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

Thanks for the very insightful reply and I do meant that.
Nobody here asked for a half cup of sugar in one cup of coffee nor did they ask for 27 teaspoons in their hot chocolate either.

Also if you read the thread the new and improved large size is just about undrinkable as it is too big.
Who in their right mind orders a coffee they cannot possibly finish before it is ice cold?

Nobody asked for this extra extra large size here...that I can say as a fact.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh, good grief - just take some cinnamon with it (which you should be taking anyway) and stop frigging worrying so much!

As long as it's natural ingredients, an occasional indulgence is still FAR less harmful than the constant worrying about the contents of everything.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Thanks for the very insightful reply and I do meant that.
Nobody here asked for a half cup of sugar in one cup of coffee nor did they ask for 27 teaspoons in their hot chocolate either.

Also if you read the thread the new and improved large size is just about undrinkable as it is too big.
Who in their right mind orders a coffee they cannot possibly finish before it is ice cold?

Nobody asked for this extra extra large size here...that I can say as a fact.
Regards, Iwinder

Thanks for your reply.

And I see some of your point, but I would say though, that if a person gets a cup of coffee from "tim horton's" or "starbucks" that already contains sugar and other stuff, instead of buying black coffee and controlling the amount of sugar themselves, then if they have common sense they should know there is probably way more sugar added then they would probably add even themselves.

And, I would also dispute the idea that no one is demanding it or can't finish it. I don't really see why they would try to make a bigger size, unless they were getting some feedback from the customer that they want more. And, I know it seems no one could possibly finish it, but I have seen people drink giant sodas bigger then their head in no time flat. lol Just saying.

I do commend you for bringing forth the nutritional information to more peoples attention and thus allowing wise people to make better choices when going to Tim Horton's, but I don't really think it's going to have an effect over all.

One, of the things that has always made me chuckle at the people forcing the fast food places to post nutritional information and etc, is they think people are becoming obese because they just don't know how bad a lot of fast food is for them, the problem is it doesn't matter, because the average person really just, doesn't care. They know it's bad for them, they just like the taste of the fast food and don't really care about the consequences.

Anyway, thanks for you time, your reply and the nutritional info.
edit on 13-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

edit on 13-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 13-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

The Cap isn't even coffee, it's glorified instant hot chocolate lol. But that said, we all know our limits,( or should when intake of caffine is concerned) I am guilty of over indulgence of Energy Drinks but never actually use em as intended( just sip not chug lol). Possible Diabetes from sugar or possible Brain Damage from sweeteners HMMMMMM Ill take mine with 2 sugar please.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Did you folks check out the fat content that is provided in the OP?

Two big Macs in a cup with half a cup of sugar to boot.

No? check it out......scary thoughts if you have any regards for your heart.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

On your last post a star for you sir/maam

well said and I do agree that it is a loosing battle.
Here on our street I can't count the obese children on all my toes and fingers but I can tell you this.
We have one only child in our neighbourhood whom is at a healthy weight.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I dont even know why i came to this thread, now i wants an xl french vanilla with a black stone cigar!

but ya those new cups are not needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join