It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Tim Horton's new Large Cappuccino will do you some serious damage.

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
We subscribe to Nutrition Action Health Letter here in Canada and today's issue had a real shocker on the new and bigger Cappuccino with lots of information on the contents.




TextAll that supremacy isn’t just a warm-me-up. An extra large (24 oz.) comes with 630 calories, 20 grams of saturated fat (an entire day’s worth), and 20 teaspoons of (mostly added) sugar. With the calories of three Honey Dip Donuts, it’s more like a fatten-me-up. (An extra large used to be 20 oz., but in January Tim upsized all of his hot drinks by 2 to 5 oz.—and added a new 8 oz. extra small. Think of the cup creep as his gift to your waistline and heart.)


Link to article
www.cspinet.org...

Left hand side and it is a good but really scary read.


We both believe here that this is intentional as in killing off of the population or at the very least giving everyone the gift of Diabetes and then we all need to buy drugs....


Please feel free to chime in on your perspective on this is.
Regards, Iwinder




posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I know! This new size of timmies is way too big for anyone to be drinking in one sitting. I buy mediums (former larges) and thats not too bad, i cant even finish a L before its cold. And i LOVE coffee..

I bought the new XL once.. and i will only get the XL if its a free roll up the rim winner..And even then, it lasts me all day.

the size is too big, its unneeded. Its just making people more addicted to their coffee which is seething in caffeine and other chemicals.. I drink it once or twice a week.. I've seen people go in and buy four and drink them all in two or 3 hours..

My friends mother used to get WITHDRAWAL symptoms if she didnt' have her timmies coffee. Bigger is not always better.
edit on 9/3/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
For your own protection don't dare tell me how bad a French vanilla or English toffee with a Boston or maple cream is for me
I was always sure it equated to diabetes in a bun but eh
I've only ever been to 2 'Timmy's' both at the same place but they were a ray of sunshine
But now I know for sure
So thats op Timmy's twelve cancelled



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I know! This new size of timmies is way too big for anyone to be drinking in one sitting. I buy mediums (former larges) and thats not too bad, i cant even finish a L before its cold. And i LOVE coffee..

I bought the new XL once.. and i will only get the XL if its a free roll up the rim winner..And even then, it lasts me all day.

the size is too big, its unneeded. Its just making people more addicted to their coffee which is seething in caffeine and other chemicals.. I drink it once or twice a week.. I've seen people go in and buy four and drink them all in two or 3 hours..

My friends mother used to get WITHDRAWAL symptoms if she didnt' have her timmies coffee. Bigger is not always better.
edit on 9/3/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)


I may be a bit biased here as in my doctor made me give up caffeine years ago but until then I was guilty of getting at least two large a day there, but no sugar just double cream thank you.

regarding the with drawl from caffeine I can say this from personal experience it was a bitch and then some.

For about 5 months I was on the edge of killing someone and I could not sleep at all.
I was gritting my teeth all the time in sleep and while awake and looking to do battle of the stupidest things you could imagine.

To this day I still crave coffee and to this day I will not nor can I set foot in a Tim Horton,s because I know I will snap!
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
For your own protection don't dare tell me how bad a French vanilla or English toffee with a Boston or maple cream is for me
I was always sure it equated to diabetes in a bun but eh
I've only ever been to 2 'Timmy's' both at the same place but they were a ray of sunshine
But now I know for sure
So thats op Timmy's twelve cancelled


Laughing here good post, i don't think it will kill you if you do moderation but I know of few people who can go into Tim's and just buy water.

Thanks for your input,
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I havent been to said place...

But here at home I drink at least 4 pots of coffee a day...
By myself...

Is that bad? I do drink it black... So thats a plus right?



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I havent been to said place...

But here at home I drink at least 4 pots of coffee a day...
By myself...

Is that bad? I do drink it black... So thats a plus right?


You are doing better than the other 99% that is for sure......congrats on not doing the sugar thing.

Regards, Iwinder



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


I agree with the op, there is so much marketing and hype about bigger sizes and "designer" foods that the average consumer is made to feel inadequate for not keeping up with the latest trends. What ever happened to just a good old cup of (gasp) plain coffee. And by cup I mean a 6 to 8 oz serving (roughly 250 ml).

Seven years ago I was told by my doctor to give up the coffee as I have Raynaud's Syndrome (temporary loss of circulation to the extremities) and the stimulants in caffeine/sugars worsen the condition. Since then, the few times that I indulged in a coffee have left me jittery and actually cranky, can only imagine what a 24 oz dose of it laced with all that sugar would do to me. I'd probably blast off into space.

Thanks for post,
YogaGinns



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Interesting fact: Tim Horton's founder , Miles Gilbert "Tim" Horton was a freemason.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkultracanuck
Interesting fact: Tim Horton's founder , Miles Gilbert "Tim" Horton was a freemason.



Thanks for that tim bit er sorry I meant tid bit of information. :-)
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


lol sorry if that sounded aggressive :-/
That was not intentional lol
Apologies if that's how it was perceived
Star for your reply



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
reply to post by Iwinder
 


lol sorry if that sounded aggressive :-/
That was not intentional lol
Apologies if that's how it was perceived
Star for your reply


Not at all......you must of misunderstood me here, I gather from your post you probably had some Tim Horton's In Afghanistan and that would make sense as to your ray of sunshine in an otherwise lousy sitiuation.

No apologies needed here for whatever reason, thanks for the reply and take care there Neocrusader.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric
 


The only downside is the mmount of caffeine. But Im betting that you still take in less than a single energy drink.

Coffee is pretty much fine other than the caffeine. Next to no calories per cup, maybe 5 calories in a 20 oz coffee.



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What's up with Tim's coffee? I swear they must put crack in it or something.....


Seriously everyone raves about the stuff up here. The line goes on for like 5 blocks in the drivethrough in the morning. I caved once and tried a cup, I was not impressed. I will stick to brewing my own, much more cost effective, and tastes better



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Im actually more of a tea drinker
But know your Timmy's lol
Yes at what I've come to call Disney land Kandahar
There's been many changes there but the main one has been corporations setting up
Especially coffee shops, at my last drop in there was at least 6 big coffee shops ( except a starbucks ? Unless it's tucked away somewhere )
But Tim's always had the longest ques, I've even heard of guys using some of the 'toys' to check the que
Infact it's always been the busiest coffee shop since atleast 07
Before that it was a green bean Thai spiced latte

Before that it was from our packs ,field mocha
1 sachet of coffee, 1 of sugar, half of hot chocolate
But I only drink coffee on ops
Admitadly that's a lot though lol



posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Tim Hortons specifically uses a bean thats natural chemical make up contains a chemical that makes sugar taste less sweet so they can load it up with kick and you can't taste it

when added to the caffiend, this helps keep you....us... going back

yum
yakkayyakkayakkaykak

Im told its the perfect counterpoint to herbal schticks of various humorization

edit on 9-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What really bothers me is the "weenie-ization" of Canadians these days. What happened to our quiet strength and higher than high tolerance for extreme physical abuse? !!

Rally 'round the bacon sandwich with me my fine flatulating friends and don't be discouraged by the tiring tirades of lesser lunatics than ourselves. Vive la Timbit and make mine a double double !!




posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Ah yes Tim Hortons I've been to Canada many times, and they are HUGE over Timmy's doughnuts. True story, I was stying in Hamilton, left my hotel, and walked right into a line for people waiting to eat at a new Timmys, I walked three blocks over, found another Timmys with no people in it. REALLY?

But Yeah of coarse eating doughnut and drinking large Cappa,Mocha, and Alpa chinos will make you fat, its common sense. In the USA you tell a person High Fructose Corn syrup will make you fat, they switch to diet soda loaded with carcinogens and aspertame, so good luck spreading the news on deaf ears.



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkej23
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Ah yes Tim Hortons I've been to Canada many times, and they are HUGE over Timmy's doughnuts. True story, I was stying in Hamilton, left my hotel, and walked right into a line for people waiting to eat at a new Timmys, I walked three blocks over, found another Timmys with no people in it. REALLY?

But Yeah of coarse eating doughnut and drinking large Cappa,Mocha, and Alpa chinos will make you fat, its common sense. In the USA you tell a person High Fructose Corn syrup will make you fat, they switch to diet soda loaded with carcinogens and aspertame, so good luck spreading the news on deaf ears.


I hear you loud and clear there merkej23

I does not hurt to try though.
Regards, iwinder



posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Tim Hortons specifically uses a bean thats natural chemical make up contains a chemical that makes sugar taste less sweet so they can load it up with kick and you can't taste it

when added to the caffiend, this helps keep you....us... going back

yum
yakkayyakkayakkaykak

Im told its the perfect counterpoint to herbal schticks of various humorization

edit on 9-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)


Great post and I thought it was bull crap until my wife stepped into the room and said to me yes they actually have this bean.

Always got time to learn :-)
Regards, Iwinder



new topics

top topics



 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join