It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 States On Path To Carry Guns With No Conceal Carry Permits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My personal issue is this:

If people were more responsible and less scared, there would be no laws against concealed carry.
Today, people are so conditioned to be scared of guns and only rely on police to protect them.
If you openly carry a gun, the majority of people will call the cops on you. Scared little sheep.
Mainly because they spent their entire lives watching television...instead of knowing their rights.
They spent their lives watching shows about cops and robbers and only criminals have guns.
Conditioning to the highest degree.

Too bad alot of people don't even know it's legal to open carry.
It's also too bad that you must expect harrassment from cops when open carrying.

So these days people think that only police can protect us.
Well the police aren't enough. They are losing their jobs and getting more violent too.
There are some Americans who know their rights and practice them. (myself included)

So, we the people, need to act like responsible citizens and protect ourselves and each other.
Criminals have a lot less to prey on when they don't know who is armed.

We need to quit relying on the government to protect us.
And start protecting ourselves.

This is a good first step for alot of states.
My homestate included.

edit on 12-3-2012 by havok because: Deleted a few choice words.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

My sentiments exactly. I don't need permission to protect myself from a criminal. I'm glad my state has this in legislation. And what's up with all of these licenses and permits to do things we actually have a RIGHT to do without them??

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Glad to see my home state on this list. I'm going to get my concealed carrier license in a few months. Wish this would already come to pass and save my 75 bucks.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Rock on Havok...that's what I'm talking about, man.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I think as a courtesy people who carry should wear it out of sight. I'd prefer to be able to protect myself (and maybe others) without unnerving women and children with modern conditioning and fear of guns. With the news stories it's not absurd for them to be a bit nervous seeing it. It sucks because it doesn't deter crime against you as well, but it does give you the element of surprise if someone chooses to come after you even aware of your piece.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I agree 100%.
Concealed is definitely better.

But I also rebutt that if I have an open carried gun, a criminal is less likely to attack.
I guess it all depends on your situation and location.

Basically I think that:
People need to turn off the television and realize life isn't all what the news program tells you.
Everyone should know what their state says about guns and read their state Constitution.
There's no reason to be scared when you have just about the best thing protecting you, on your hip.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I think most responsible people do this.

The No Conceal laws will protect someone if the happen to accidentally flash their gun. I know of someone who has their CCW and was carrying in Wal-Mart, reached up to grab something that caused his shirt to rise above his belt line and exposed his weapon. This should never have been an issue but someone saw it called 911 and that person had to deal with the police, had his gun confiscated and had to hire a lawyer and go to court to get his gun back and not loose his CCW.

I don't carry unless I have a reason to, but I keep it concealed. If I get in a situation where I need to use deadly force against a criminal, he or she won't know I have a weapon until their last seconds of life. Sounds morbid but I believe that is the best tactic when dealing with violent criminal. If I pull my gun I've already made the decision that deadly force is necessary.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexrugerblack
reply to post by Blueracer

My sentiments exactly. I don't need permission to protect myself from a criminal. I'm glad my state has this in legislation. And what's up with all of these licenses and permits to do things we actually have a RIGHT to do without them??

Trust me, I agree with you here but here's why I think they do this crap.

Well, because everything is based on monetary gains, licensing is a full-time practice these days.
Basically, everything you do needs to be licensed, how else will "the man" get paid?

I don't believe in needing a license for alot of things, but I do believe in testing.
So just like driving a car, the test proves you are competant...and life goes on.
Doesn't mean you need to continually need to pay for competancy, just re-test.
But, because we don't live in a "free society", and by free I mean actually no cost free...
You have the government putting a price on everything you do.
They already make billions a month in taxes and give a ton to other countries.
So they need more from you and I.
Hence the license and permit fees.

Billions a month isn't enough.
Trillions may never be either.
They'll find a way to spend all that too.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

That walmart incident is the exact scared, conditioned response I am talking about.
Why should people be so scared of guns?
Because the television said so.

Your entire post is a great addition to this thread.
And I agree with every word in it.
Starred.

edit on 12-3-2012 by havok because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

The No Conceal laws will protect someone if the happen to accidentally flash their gun. I know of someone who has their CCW and was carrying in Wal-Mart, reached up to grab something that caused his shirt to rise above his belt line and exposed his weapon. This should never have been an issue but someone saw it called 911 and that person had to deal with the police, had his gun confiscated and had to hire a lawyer and go to court to get his gun back and not loose his CCW.

What State is that? OMG - that is silly.

The only thing anyone could do here in Missouri would be if Wal-Mart happened to have a notice on the door that stated no weapons allowed. (and then it has to be within very specific rules like 11 inches by 11 inches with font of a particular size etc.)

Even then the only thing the cops could do is ask you to leave the premises if you have a permit.

It is entirely subjective and up to the officer to issue you a ticket for failure to observe a posted limitation in a private establishment - fine of 100.00. They can't confiscate your weapon. Even then unless you get like 3 of those tickets in a year they can't take your permit.

Our Wal-Mart has no such sign of any size. I see handmade signs - small signs and other attempts to declare private businesses non-carry zones but none so far have ever met the guidelines required in the statute. Their signs are small and innocuous mostly.

I carry in those places all the time. No worries - all they can do is ask me if I saw the sign - which is of course "what sign" and then ask me to leave which I will do.

However, since it's concealed it will never be an issue.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Florida, we have fairly lenient gun laws and have the right to fight force with force but have brandishing laws, even if accidental can get one in trouble but it is generally the officer's discretion on whether or to pursue and brandishing charge. The guy was unlucky because the officer who responded did not take the common sense approach, instead decided to go gestapo on a law abiding citizen with a CCW. I feel that if an older veteran officer, or military veteran responded there would have been no incident.

Here is a link to floridaconcealedcarry.com's forum that touches on accidental brandishing precautions.
floridaconcealedcarry.com...

Also in Florida if you have your CCW you are allowed to carry in places like public parks, even if there is a sign that says no firearms are allowed. The bottom line is if you carry you better know your rights and even keep a copy with you because a rookie police officer probably won't.
edit on 12-3-2012 by jrod because: addon

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Florida, we have fairly lenient gun laws and have the right to fight force with force but have brandishing laws, even if accidental can get one in trouble but it is generally the officer's discretion on whether or to pursue and brandishing charge.

That is indeed unfortunate - I don't see how anyone could accidentally brandish anything. The very definition of brandish is to wave or flourish. To have one in a holster partially concealed is hardly waving it about.

Here in Missouri to brandish is - a citizen may not exhibit a gun in an angry or threatening manner except when using it for self defense.

A partially exposed holster is hardly exhibiting a gun in a threatening manner.

Also in Florida if you have your CCW you are allowed to carry in places like public parks, even if there is a sign that says no firearms are allowed. The bottom line is if you carry you better know your rights and even keep a copy with you because a rookie police officer probably won't.

Same here you can even open carry as I do on the farm all our local deputies and police are really good - but I wouldn't do so in Kansas City. Too many rookies.

I also agree with your assertion that your weapon should be a secret. Here the CCW is either an endorsement on your driver’s license or you can get a non-drivers ID so that when you cash a check you don't freak people out when they see the endorsement. I got the separate ID for that reason. People are easily freaked by guns...

edit on 12/3/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join