It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO UpDates archive PDF: Huge collection of posts by Ufology's top names (533Mb download)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The UFO UpDates mailing list, operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp, has been around for many years. As I posted in a previous thread in 2007 (Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack):

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
"UFO UpDates is probably the best (public) discussion List for reading the views of the biggest names within ufology. It even manages to get quite a few skeptics discussing issues with pro-ETH researchers".

Many of you will have come across the archives of posts to the UFO UpDates mailing list online at:
ufoupdateslist.com...

For those not familiar with it, UFO Updates regularly features posts by authors that will be familiar to many of you that spend too much time in the Aliens & UFOs forum (e.g. Stan Friedman and Bruce Maccabee), some serious researchers that may not be so well known (e.g. Jan Aldrich of the Project 1947 website), as well as a reasonable number of skeptics (e.g. Kentaro Mori, John Rimmer and others).

Here's a random bit of the table of contents for a sample few days:

Here's an image of a fairly random post (featuring Stanton Friedman having a slight disagreement with Michael Salla):

Anyway, I've converted all the UFO UpDates posts from November 1996 to the end of December 2011 into PDF files (one file per month) since one of the fastest and easiest to use pieces of software I'm using to search UFO material on my hard-drive (PDF-Xchange Viewer) only searches PDF documents, as I outlined recently in the ATS thread:
"FAST searching of major free online collections of UFO journals (or just browse/download them)"

I've zipped those PDF files containing the UFO Updates archive into a 533Mb zip file archive at the link below:
minus.com...

I've contacted Errol Bruce-Knapp and confirmed that he has no problem with my sharing this link. Indeed, he has put this PDF archive on the UFO UpDates website today at the link below - which will probably be faster to download than the minus.com link above:
www.ufoupdateslist.com...

By the way, Errol Bruce-Knapp has also run a UFO radio show ("Strange Days Indeed") the archives of which are also online. Those archives can be found at the link below (and, again, the relevant material downloaded):
www.virtuallystrange.net...

I've previously posted my view that many members of ATS seem to have a large amount of energy and technical knowledge (e.g. regarding creating websites), but lack a detailed knowledge of the history of ufology which could be useful in guiding their energy. Hopefully making this archive available for ATS members to download will help with that problem. On the other hand, some of the individuals that I know with a detailed knowledge of the history of ufology lack the time, energy or technical knowledge to share their knowledge and insight in an efficient manner - hence my view that ATS can do more to contribute to ufology. That view is at the heart of a project I'll be writing about shortly on ATS (which has the working name of "The Collective"...).

All the best,

Isaac

P.S. The link to the downloadable PDF archive once again is:
www.ufoupdateslist.com...
edit on 9-3-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That is intriguing. I absolutely objectively am more inclined to think there are indeed alien beings around here. I mean, people can't be playing lie games every time they use the word 'alien'. There is what to look into, so good job bringing those.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

11 years since 9/11 ...
2nd

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
11 years since 9/11 ...

Thanks for the comment, but I'm not sure how it relates to the topic of this thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Downloaded but can't unzip.
(unsupported compression method)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Downloaded but can't unzip.
(unsupported compression method)

Mmm. Nobody else has reported any problems to me and I know over 60 people have used the link to minus.com.

These sorts of technical issues are a bit beyond a lawyer like me I'm afraid. Have you got an up-to-date zip/unzipping software, like 7zip at the link below?
www.7-zip.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

The UFO UpDates mailing list, operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp, has been around for many years. As I posted in a previous thread in 2007 (Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack):
snip

Thanks for this second help of UFOlogy history. I was a member of this mailing list and perhaps my contributions are included.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I tried the minus.com link, and it was okay. The zip I got from the other link (which you indicated might be faster) was corrupted.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Wow!!

Many thanks (again!) IsaacKoi.

Absolutely in-dis-pen-sa-ble for everyone who wants to run a complete research on a given precise subject.

On behalf of the French UFO researchers, many thanks and well done.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Very disappointed to see such a good and worthy thread get so little attention. I hope you don't mind me bumping it like this Isaac, as admittedly I have very little to contribute to it, but I just came across it (as of right now it's in your signature) and felt like it more than deserved a bump.

It's thread's like this which deserve a great deal of attention in my opinion, I hope it eventually receives it.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I for one am certainly glad that you bumped it, otherwise I may not have found it!

@IsaacKoi

Thanks once again for some great work on the topic of Ufology here at ATS, I'm indebted to many of your great threads in the past for more than one of my posts at my blog. I certainly wish there were others that took the time to do the research that you do.

Downloading now, thanks again!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Very disappointed to see such a good and worthy thread get so little attention. I hope you don't mind me bumping it like this Isaac, as admittedly I have very little to contribute to it, but I just came across it (as of right now it's in your signature) and felt like it more than deserved a bump.

I certainly don't have a problem with people bumping one of my threads! This thread has been in my signature since I posted it, since I thought it was one of the more significant things I'd posted for a while for any members of ATS that want to do more in-depth research.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

yes thank you, i saw that you linked it in facebook. and i immediately clicked it, im downloading it now to have a sticky beek.
it will be interesting to see how they chat to one another.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Thanks man. This is excellent stuff. And yes, the second link 'ufoupdatespdf.zip' was only a 215 bytes file; corrupt.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Those interested in this thread may appreciate another archive I hope to share shortly, of posts to a forum devoted to discussion of the 1980 Rendlesham Forest Incident.

Members of that forum included various skeptics (including Ian Ridpath) and some of the key witnesses (including John Burroughs).

I just need to overcome a technical issue first. See:
Deleting *nearly* duplicate files? (Large Rendlesham UFO resource)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've been told there is a problem downloading the collection of PDF files from the link in the OP, so I've uploaded them to another website for now:

preview.tinyurl.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
/ bump /

Thanks Isaac for another batch of raw material.

I have used the UFO updates list before and the search function provided is very poor on the site. So thanks for providing the documentation in searchable PDF form.

For those who have to pay for every byte of data or have a cap on their downloads and find 500mb+ too much you can still make use of UFO Updates site with Google.

For example if you wanted to check out posts that mentioned Roswell you would type this into the search box.

"http://www.ufoupdateslist.com: Roswell"

PS I am and looking forward to the Rendlesham forum files being posted.I used to be a fairly passive member on that site. Other than Ridpath and John Burroughs (whose posts went very peculiar in the last days of that site) , Larry Warren, Jim Penniston, Steve La Plume and a couple of other 'participants' also posted there if I recall. Some of the content was quite revealing.

Once I thought it to be a case that would blow Roswell out of the water as the top UFO case in history. Now I think there is an interesting story still to be revealed but it may not be the disclosure we have been looking for.

edit on 5/6/13 by mirageman because: Link rendering wrong

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman
I have used the UFO updates list before and the search function provided is very poor on the site. So thanks for providing the documentation in searchable PDF form.

My pleasure. I'd created the PDF format for my own searches and am happy to share it.

PS I am and looking forward to the Rendlesham forum files being posted.I used to be a fairly passive member on that site.

Oh, I posted the Rendlesham forum archive a year or so ago on other forums. I'm not sure I created a thread for it here. At the time, I was planning to mention it in a huge thread (even by my standards...) I was writing for ATS about Rendlesham, but I put that thread on hold because I didn't like the level of animosity between several of the key players in that incident. Some of that animosity started being directed towards me, partly because I post on ATS. It's a shame since I'd put quite a bit of time into researching the Rendlesham incidents and typing up a couple of hundred pages of material. I'd had some generous assistance from a few researchers and been in touch with some interesting people, including some of the AFOSI agents at the base during the incident that haven't previously had their stories told and someone with footage from one of the Rendlesham incidents. Life is just too short to put up with the sort of nonsense I encountered from some of those involved.

Details and links of the downloadable versions (PDF and html) I uploaded of the Rendlesham forum archive are at:
ufoupdateslist.com...

Another researcher (Laurent Chabin) helpfully used that html version to recreate an online version of the old Rendlesham forum at:
preview.tinyurl.com...
edit on 5-6-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Another member has told me that my link in the OP no longer works for some reason.

I'll sort out a permanent solution in the New Year (when I'll be updating the archive to include all posts to the UFO UpDates list in 2013) but in the meantime I've uploaded the posts up to the end of 2012 to another free file storage website, at the link below:
we.tl...

top topics

join