It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That's right, using pictures taken by a laser in Ohio, U.S.A., scientists have managed to put together a little movie demonstrating how molecules move. From this, they are also studying the structures of the molecules. Unfortunately, all we get is a picture.

Oxygen (O2) and Nitrogen (N2) were used for the experiment, due to the simple structures.

Molecule Movie

edit on CFridaypm575716f16America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Now, THAT is impressive. I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to my attention. Although working out the meaning of the image they produced is as arcane a task as coming up with the methods by which they created it, I can see that the method they applied in this case, will no doubt have major impacts on the ability of scientists to observe the way that chemicals and elements interact with one another, and indeed will one day lead to thier ability to control the speed and power of a reaction, which of course, may well down the line mean that we get to control the efficiency of a reaction. This itself could be invaluable in eeking every last drop of energy out of fuels, be they fossil, nuclear, or renewable.

A truely important breakthrough, and a signpost to the future, all wrapped up in one neat bundle.

join