It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid Creates Monster Catching Machine.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I think adults forget the simple things in life that we should all strive for, thanks for this post its a breath of a fresh air in a cramped confined room of sweaty parinoid people.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Very interesting video. I love to see a kid using their brain for something that "works" and has a positive end result. Much better than having an ipod stuck in his ears..

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My son wants one of those now, thanx for posting...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great video!

That kid's got it going on. Plus, I love how he concludes it by saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." You can't get any truer than that.

All the best to him. He's going to have the whole world dancing in the palm of his hand as long as he's able to sustain his excitement, imagination, and positive attitude, which I'm sure won't be a problem for him since it seems as though he's got a good family who supports his efforts.

Plus, who can beat the little chart he made? It was interesting the way he presented his prediction of how many wins vs. failure he was expecting. I'm happy for him that it worked on the fourth try.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Bumped for getting excited about dropping a metal bowl on a plush toy.

coolstory.jpg

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It's all about the journey and not the end result.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Smart kid! Kids like this grow up and become evil, genius villains that try and take over the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So why am I posting this in 'Weaponry'? Because it's a Monster Catcher Machine! And we all know that to catch a monster, we need a weapon right?
(Mods might move it tho)

With all the high tech weapons out there today, this kid shows us just how easy it is to catch monsters using items found around the house. A great way to prepare for the coming Crap-Storm right?

Anyways, have a good laugh and a smile...I did.

Peace

Hi,

STAR AND FLAG! THANKS SO MUCH OP (SMILE) FOR THIS

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS DESERVES TO GO VIRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL "INTEGRATED THINKING!"!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M BLOWN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF THIS KID IS AN EXAMPLE OF EVEN 1% OF THE YOUTH OF TODAY THEN ITS SURE GONNA BE A "COOL" NEW FUTURE WORLD TO LIVE IN!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ahaha great and very brilliant kid
S&F for him

when i was his age i was doing huge labyrinth on a piece of paper (still have them somewhere)
i made 4 complete pages of different levels and a big space ship
that had a difficult labyrinth in it with a monster a the end
never though of making a goldberg machine
i think i made a small one but dont remember much of it

ahh it was a plastic game .. i had one but never made one

edit on 3/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Dear Kids:

If you're scared of me, why are you looking under the bed or in the closet for me or trying to catch me?

Sincerely,

Monster.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Listening to this little one reminds me of the goonies.

Great stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmNotWill

HA! I was gonna post that. Your link isn't working and your profile says your offline, so no offense.

You gotta hand to that kid and his tenacity. I used to love the game "Mousetrap" as a kid!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Excellent video! Thanks for sharing!

Now, after watching the video, I had a couple cynical things pop into my mind, because looking at the world today, it's hard not to be cynical.

1: This kid will most likely be like most engineers. Working for someone with half his IQ, making 10x what he is.
2: How long will it be before some "do gooder" steps in and advocate that this kid be removed from him home. He is overweight, and therefore he has horrible parents. The government should raise him.

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I can't help it after all the crap that keeps popping up that makes no sense. I full on expect someone to take a pop at that kid and his parents.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I actually cheered when it worked. Then I looked around sheepishly to make sure no one saw me.

This kid is setting himself up for SWAT to come busting in his door. Clearly he is too intelligent for his age and has not been properly indoctrinated. He'll be deemed a threat and reeducated.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
do the truffle shuffle!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Man. That is probably one of the most awesome kids ever. Kudos. Seriously, that made my day.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Very cool, now go play your Playstation

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki
Man. That is probably one of the most awesome kids ever. Kudos. Seriously, that made my day.

I agree!

I'd love to work with him on one of his creations. I think we would both have fun.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Loved that clip, that kid is one smart cookie, if I would have tried that in my house it would have ended up with someone crying with a marble stuck up there nose whilst every else stood around laughing and making toast.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
hmmmm
i have absolutely nothing to add to this thread
so
rbutalrebutalrebutal!
bmp

then why did you post

anyway cool video.

see how easy that was?

top topics