It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Me Yesterday?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
First of all, I'm not much of a religious person. I have my little theories about this and that, but I'm one who believes that anything is possible, so I don't hold any belief system near and dear to my heart... until now that is.

I can't believe what I am about to tell you. I know I'm going to hear a lot of people say that I'm losing my mind, and to be honest with you, after what happened to me, I'm definitely open to that possibility.

Anyway, my plane landed in New Orleans yesterday morning at 9. I went and picked up my suitcase at the baggage claim area, then I went outside to wait for my ride. I smoked a cigarette and started walking down the sidewalk.

At that moment my breathing started to sort of synch up with the rhythm of the bass tones generated by all the cars and busses and stuff in this pick up/ drop off area of the airport. I started to tingle, then all of a sudden, it was like I could actually FEEL every single atom in my body. And not just my body, I could feel the atoms in everything around me, the cars, the busses, the people, my luggage, everything.

It was as if myself and everything around me were part of a body of water and there were waves or a sort of pulse pushing and pulling on everything.

The scary thing is that while I was in this state (whatever it may be), someone or something else took over control of my body, but not my mind. It was a force more powerful and real than anything I've ever experienced in my whole damn life. I felt as if it was taunting me, like it was letting me know that it had total control over me and there was nothing I could do about it.

The more I tried to resist, the harder it pushed. I was just standing there in disbelief and awe with my hand on the handle of my suitcase. Everytime I thought to myself "No way!!! This can't be happening!!!", this force would sort of jerk my suitcase forward and backwards, or it would make me walk backwards. I was trampling over everyone's luggage, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. I got the sense that this force was simply revealing its power to me and it was allowing me to comprehend something that no one else in the world can.

Now keep in mind that throughout this whole ordeal, I was completely aware of what was happening to me. This place was full of TSA agents and police officers, which made this the last place in the world I would ever want to lose my sh%t. Even as I was stepping all over the guy next to me's luggage, I was looking him right in the face totally embarrassed and confused about what was happening. I even expected to look around and see other people jerking around as well, but I'm pretty sure I was the only one.

Well after about 5 minutes of this, I finally started to regain control of my body, and all I could do was just stand there with my hand on my chest saying "Whoooooa! That was nuts!!!" I was kind of embarrassed, but at the same time I really could care less if anyone saw me.

So what do you think? Did I have some kind of seizure? Could it be schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder?

This "force" gave me the sense that this was a premonition, like this is something everyone is about to experience and I'm just getting a little glimpse of it before the rest of you. I don't know. I'm baffled, but I'll keep you posted if anything else happens.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I dunno, but you've just gave me a serious case of Daja Vu...because I read this thread last week.....

Or dreamt it?? As you clearly only just posted it lol
edit on 9-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If it comes again or gets more frequent, you should consider getting a doc's recommendation for a psychiatrist.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Well, I don't believe it was anything supernatural, but then again...... you were in NOLA!

Perhaps it was Marie Leveau!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
From a psychological standpoint, it sounds a lot like Depersonalization Disorder:

Depersonalization disorder (DPD) is a dissociative disorder (ICD-10 classifies the disorder as an anxiety disorder) in which the sufferer is affected by persistent or recurrent feelings of depersonalization and/or derealization. Diagnostic criteria include persistent or recurrent experiences of feeling detached from one's mental processes or body.[1] The symptoms include a sense of automation, going through the motions of life but not experiencing it, feeling as though one is in a movie, loss of conviction with one's identity, feeling as though one is in a dream, feeling a disconnection from one's body, out-of-body experience (a detachment from one's body), and difficulty relating oneself to reality and the environment.

en.wikipedia.org...

It may have been due to stress from traveling. I have experienced something similar before from stress in public, it is almost like an out-of-body experience, where your body is going through the motions but you don't feel in charge of it. Add the weird tingling all over and it becomes quite freaky.

It feels like possession, but I believe it is your stressed out mind that is the culprit. Just my own humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

If I wholeheartedly believed what you are saying, I would say that it sounds as if you had ingested some sort of hallucinogen. Possibly unwillingly.

However, you will most likely immediately disregard that assessment.

Then, at least one person (probably more) will come in here spouting out some sort of spiritual planetary alignment jargon, and you will respond with with a, "Yes! That is exactly it!"

So I will just keep it simple, and say, "You're trippin'."

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I totally agree. Whatever it was, all I can tell you at this point is that I don't ever want to feel that again.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well you have me beat on the intensity of that experience, but yesterday (past few days actually) I have been experiencing similar feelings as the ones you described. One thing that's been really odd- my thumbs have been feeling weird- hard to describe but you might know what I mean. Mentally I've been unusually alert and my senses have been extremely vivid- very much like a common adrenaline rush but it's settled into a normal state for me. The thing with the thumbs I just can't figure though.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Deja Vu for me too, peyotle related long ago.
Anyway, it seems that you were strucked with few of protons from solar flare, which boosted your brain activity and made you hypersensitive.
Other than that, no logic explanations from me.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
From a psychological standpoint, it sounds a lot like Depersonalization Disorder:

Depersonalization disorder (DPD) is a dissociative disorder (ICD-10 classifies the disorder as an anxiety disorder) in which the sufferer is affected by persistent or recurrent feelings of depersonalization and/or derealization. Diagnostic criteria include persistent or recurrent experiences of feeling detached from one's mental processes or body.[1] The symptoms include a sense of automation, going through the motions of life but not experiencing it, feeling as though one is in a movie, loss of conviction with one's identity, feeling as though one is in a dream, feeling a disconnection, from one's body, out-of-body experience (a detachment from one's body), and difficulty relating oneself to reality and the environment.

en.wikipedia.org...

It may have been due to stress from traveling. I have experienced something similar before from stress in public, it is almost like an out-of-body experience, where your body is going through the motions but you don't feel in charge of it. Add the weird tingling all over and it becomes quite freaky.

It feels like possession, but I believe it is your stressed out mind that is the culprit. Just my own humble opinion.

It could have been stress related..but with that said, I have struggled with Depersonalization and have been diagnosed in the past...although there are some resemblences, I would say with confidence that this would not be what the OP dealth with. (but of course, I'm no psychiatrist) There was a serious feeling of detatchment and not functioning on my own behalf at times (ok all the time lol), almost a state of zombification involved but nothing that actually controls physical movements etc (just the feeling of it, annoyingly so). I do have to emphasise that the feeling of being controlled by somone else is common, BUT not so much in terms of it actually happening ie, stumbling out of control with no power over it. The way he described it almost made it sound like possesion or something lol.

Interesting thread OP. If you would like to learn more about depersonalization/derealization you can read my story here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Please check edits for further clarity on the resemblences.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I dunno, but you've just gave me a serious case of Daja Vu...because I read this thread last week.....

Could you show me where? I'd love to read it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Weird!

I wonder if the reponse about a solar flare has any weight to it... that seems like an interesting theory... but it didn't effect anyone else?

link   
reply to post by Bone75

Just done a search lol cant find it (surprise surprise)

I swear I already read this story with the same title!! I guess we wont know how until we figure the mystery of Daja Vu

link   
reply to post by Bone75

If you remember anything that would lead you to believe it was some sort of supernatural being, let me know, even if it is some time after the "incident".

But i do think it "could" be a test of some new mind control/body control technology being conducted in airports? Who know. Maybe it happened to some others as well and they did talk about it on the internet? Deserve a little research in google and blogs, you never know.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by samara11278
Weird!

I wonder if the reponse about a solar flare has any weight to it... that seems like an interesting theory... but it didn't effect anyone else?

Sounds similar to this thread..www.abovetopsecret.com...
CME particals going straight through you, maybe..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

So what do you think? Did I have some kind of seizure? Could it be schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder?

This "force" gave me the sense that this was a premonition, like this is something everyone is about to experience and I'm just getting a little glimpse of it before the rest of you. I don't know. I'm baffled, but I'll keep you posted if anything else happens.

I'm no doctor, but I've known more than one schizophrenic, and what you've described ain't it. It's not MPD either. This is something you say that you've experienced only once. It is not necessarily mental at all. I'd say that it is quite possible that it is neurological. Perhaps you should go see a neurologist, especially if this occurs again. I say this because my husband has a neurological condition that affects his movements sometimes. His brain is functioning, but his body doesn't always cooperate. So, it could be a real medical condition.

However, what you said above about the 'force' giving you a premonition is a little baffling. You make it sound like something cognizant took over your body and let you know about it. I don't discount a spiritual explanation either. I've had spiritual experiences myself (one where I feel I was not in control of my own actions either- but I willingly invited that experience- but have since realized how dangerous it was for me to do so on various levels). However, I think medical explanations should be ruled out first.

If you could elaborate on why you think this was a force giving you a premonition for what others will one day experience, that might be helpful.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
FLASHBACK!!!!!! POW!

Did anyone have horns?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Hello Bone75.

At that moment my breathing started to sort of synch up with the rhythm of the bass tones generated by all the cars and busses and stuff in this pick up/ drop off area of the airport. I started to tingle, then all of a sudden, it was like I could actually FEEL every single atom in my body. And not just my body, I could feel the atoms in everything around me, the cars, the busses, the people, my luggage, everything.

It was as if myself and everything around me were part of a body of water and there were waves or a sort of pulse pushing and pulling on everything.

This is the true nature of one level of reality. Everything really is connected and interconnected. Practicioners of meditation explain this same state of awareness that you have experienced. There is nothing to fear, everything is you. Understanding the nature of interconnectedness allows one to be more loving and compassionate towards existence. Do you practice any forms of meditation?

As for the rest of your story.... wow. That sounds so crazy, frightening... the kind of event that would leave witnesses speechless. I'm sorry you had to go through that. It must have been so embarrassing and scary.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by Bone75

If you remember anything that would lead you to believe it was some sort of supernatural being, let me know, even if it is some time after the "incident". [/qoute]
I'm 100% absolutely positve that it was a supernatural being. Like I said, it felt like it was taunting me.

But i do think it "could" be a test of some new mind control/body control technology being conducted in airports?

This crossed my mind as well, but a few years back I had what some would describe as a waking dream or an out of body experience. The same "being" that revealed itself to me at the airport, was in my room that night.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Some Cigarette! You did just step off a plane...and smoked. Were you medicated?

I had a wave like feeling myself yesterday. But I was doing yoga after eating a large meal a real big no no. But I went with it a bit like being on a wave and then finished my routine.

Now if I have a beer and cig tonight and that happens I let you know otherwise I think my feeling was gas...

edit on 9-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join