It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this illegal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
....It is on the other had a problem that you are defacing a private citizens goods in a manner that could lead to a loss of profit also known as his/hers income. ...... but you want to start hurting a private citizen then yes it is a problem.

look at it this way. you deface the goods and sales drop, the store can no longer afford to keep people working, so jack and jill everyman lose there jobs. how does that help any one???? just saying in times like these why would you do something that could cost some one else so dearly?

I can respect that, private citizens, small chains, mom and pop shops. I def wouldnt cause any defamation to those types of enterprises. The Op was speaking of major corp chains, I have little to no issue with that. I dont believe in corp personhood either. If they want to sell death and not tell you about the toxins (and goto court so they legally dont have to!) I feel a sort of duty to let the truth be known.

As far as "Jack and Jill" we're loosing our jobs and getting deathly ill from the trash these entities are peddling. I feel it does more harm to be complacent toward them. Perhaps using an analogy like...if a tree is rotting/infected (toxic food) you cut it down so it doesnt crush your house, Replant and nourish the sapling (truth that leads people to healthier alternitives.) in a few years you'll have some shade. I see that analogy as if you cause harm to the bottom line of a toxin peddler they'll be forced to change. I do know its a much much much more complex issue then that though.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I want to make stickers that say GMO poison, aspartame poison ect... and stick them on the shelfs of LARGE corporation grocery stores. If its illegal what law makes it illegal?

If you cannot tell me for sure what I would get arrested for then do not say its illegal.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

As others said, it would be considered vandalism.

However, it would not be illegal to research all the products in the store, make a shoppers companion guide that lists all of the products in that store that should be red flagged, and then pass those pamphlets out at the entry way of the store's parking lot (off the actual property).

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Now that is a very good idea! If someone takes the time to carefully and honestly research the issues and put together a 1 page flyer type hand out....Well, heck! They're already FAR more informed than 90% of what is on Cable News!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You are trying to help people, I get that.

But, it is not possible to help people who do not think they have a problem or even want help.

We all have to find our own path.

Make a website. Write a book. Sell healthy stuff on ebay. Find a legal and legit way to spread your message.

In the age of the internet it has never been easier to get your message out.

You put a sticker on a few items, in a few stores, in a few towns. A few people get a message they do not understand.
'
'You get through on the phone to George on C2C for 2 minutes, millions of people will hear you.

edit on 9-3-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

It is vandalism, but who cares? If you believe in it and want to make the statement and have the huevos, screw their laws.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
idk but it wouldnt stop me from buying what i want...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
H1ght3chHippie is very close.
It would be Criminal Mischief:

Mischief
430. (1) Every one commits mischief who wilfully
(a) destroys or damages property;
(b) renders property dangerous, useless, inoperative or ineffective;
(c) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property; or
(d) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with any person in the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property.
Mischief in relation to data
(1.1) Every one commits mischief who wilfully
(a) destroys or alters data;
(b) renders data meaningless, useless or ineffective;
(c) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with the lawful use of data; or
(d) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with any person in the lawful use of data or denies access to data to any person who is entitled to access thereto.
Punishment
(2) Every one who commits mischief that causes actual danger to life is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life.
Punishment
(3) Every one who commits mischief in relation to property that is a testamentary instrument or the value of which exceeds five thousand dollars
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
Idem
(4) Every one who commits mischief in relation to property, other than property described in subsection (3),
(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or
(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

And possibly Vandalism:

A) No person shall knowingly cause serious physical harm to an occupied structure or any of its contents.
(B) (1) No person shall knowingly cause physical harm to property that is owned or possessed by another, when either of the following applies:
(a) The property is used by its owner or possessor in the owner's or possessor's profession, business, trade, or occupation, and the value of the property or the amount of physical harm involved is five hundred dollars or more;
(b) Regardless of the value of the property or the amount of damage done, the property or its equivalent is necessary in order for its owner or possessor to engage in the owner's or possessor's profession, business, trade, or occupation.
(2) No person shall knowingly cause serious physical harm to property that is owned, leased, or controlled by a governmental entity. A governmental entity includes, but is not limited to, the state or a political subdivision of the state, a school district, the board of trustees of a public library or public university, or any other body corporate and politic responsible for governmental activities only in geographical areas smaller than that of the state.
(C) No person, without privilege to do so, shall knowingly cause serious physical harm to any tomb, monument, gravestone, or other similar structure that is used as a memorial for the dead; to any fence, railing, curb, or other property that is used to protect, enclose, or ornament any cemetery; or to a cemetery.
(D) No person, without privilege to do so, shall knowingly cause physical harm to a place of burial by breaking and entering into a tomb, crypt, casket, or other structure that is used as a memorial for the dead or as an enclosure for the dead.
(E) Whoever violates this section is guilty of vandalism. Except as otherwise provided in this division, vandalism is a felony of the fifth degree that is punishable by a fine of up to two thousand five hundred dollars in addition to the penalties specified for a felony of the fifth degree in sections 2929.11 to 2929.18 of the Revised Code. If the value of the property or the amount of physical harm involved is five thousand dollars or more but less than one hundred thousand dollars, vandalism is a felony of the fourth degree. If the value of the property or the amount of physical harm involved is one hundred thousand dollars or more, vandalism is a felony of the third degree.
(F) For purposes of this section:
(1) "Cemetery" means any place of burial and includes burial sites that contain American Indian burial objects placed with or containing American Indian human remains.
(2) "Serious physical harm" means physical harm to property that results in loss to the value of the property of five hundred dollars or more.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mid0night0lamp1111

First off, im all for the education of the people im just saying there are better ways to go about it, if you want the people to eat healthier putting poison labels on food isn't going to accomplish this fact. You need to actually inform the public as to why said chemicals are poison.

The people will eat what they like if they wanted "healthy" food they would eat healthy food and the stores would have healthy food on the shelves.

If you want to "educate" the masses the idea of a flyer, a web page, or other forms of marketing are great ideas. Also if you are so against the products in the store maybe you should spend your time helping your local health food/ organic food or what have you stores advertise. I imagine that your local health food store would be more then happy to have the help in there ad campaign. by going that route you are not only helping to educate the people but you are gaining business (in theory) for a local run health food store.

once again just some ideas that i personally think are better then your illegal sticker campaign.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by mid0night0lamp1111

First off, im all for the education of the people im just saying there are better ways to go about it, if you want the people to eat healthier putting poison labels on food isn't going to accomplish this fact. You need to actually inform the public as to why said chemicals are poison.

The people will eat what they like if they wanted "healthy" food they would eat healthy food and the stores would have healthy food on the shelves.

If you want to "educate" the masses the idea of a flyer, a web page, or other forms of marketing are great ideas. Also if you are so against the products in the store maybe you should spend your time helping your local health food/ organic food or what have you stores advertise. I imagine that your local health food store would be more then happy to have the help in there ad campaign. by going that route you are not only helping to educate the people but you are gaining business (in theory) for a local run health food store.

once again just some ideas that i personally think are better then your illegal sticker campaign.

Very true if the sticker is just a poison sticker its useless. My thought was that they would have the info to where you can find information along with enough truth to draw in the viewer. Also just sticker bombing a grocery store wouldn't be enough. Stencil & sticker bombing/flyers/ the net. It's a campaign in my head. The stickers on a box, in a grocery store is an image I'd capture and spread on the net.

Its a sad fact you state too that people who dont want to eat healthy wont. I have a friend who drinks diet coke in 32oz burst...a few a day. Shes rather.....Rubenesque, but doesnt listen when I tell her about those toxins, or about the ones in the snacks she feeds on constantly.....nada just a eye roll, and she is sick constantly. Guess your 100% right about that one, its like a drug addicts intervention, if they dont want to listen they wont.

Im wasnt trying to be combative earlier either, I know type talk has no tone and I tend to speak abruptly. I just think to much passivity is causing alot of issues in the world. While to much aggression is....obviously...causing to many issues in the world. It may just be the life I live/lived that makes me thing we should care next to nothing about these big corps that care zero for us. Why people pay to kill themselves is beyond me, and that these corps pay of the gov to not have to tell us the truth is infuriating.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A store is privately owned property providing items for purchase to the public. It is NOT a public shelf or display....those belong to the owner of that establishment of the display for"Coke" or whatever.

You can be fined and charged with damaging and defacing private property, vandalism, and have to pay for it to be replaced, removed, washed off etc. And have to pay court costs and have it be on your record.

Hardly worth doing, eh? And why hurt the store-owner? They sell lots of stuff to make money....even if they dont believe in the products themselves....but they'd have to pay the comps for you damaging their stock. Its a business to them.

If you are ticked off...why not go right to the companies making those products? Dont hurt the store owner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join