It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that call themselves Christian

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Lets not start tossing scripture at each other.... Know your lord... not your book...

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

You know Him (gnosis, intimate knowledge), by His Word, every Word, written and spoken.

(Rhema, Sophia, and Logos Word of the Living God)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Im pretty sure i just did...

I agree then, the principles and methods of forming rational thought and the expression of it are irrelevant to you.

(Debate tactics)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Here is a child schooling folks.

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Lets not start tossing scripture at each other.... Know your lord... not your book...

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

You know Him (gnosis, intimate knowledge), by His Word, every Word, written and spoken.

(Rhema, Sophia, and Logos Word of the Living God)

Exactly.... And the bible is NOT his word...

I know every single word he spoke within the bible... intimately.... and i know every word he may have spoken outside of the bible.... I know his word in other scripture as well....

Your God of the bible condoned the killing of innocent men women and children...

That is not my God, Nor is it the words of the Father of Jesus...

And YOU above mostly all others should know that...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ahhhhhh, but He said "It is written..."

Where was he referring to?

(Deuteronomy 8:3)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Ahhhhhh, but He said "It is written..."

Where was he referring to?

(Deuteronomy 8:3)

thats far to vague to even comment on....

please be specific...

Edit: thanks

HE who?

Moses?

edit on 15-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

In the Hebrew text "the LORD" is:

YHVH

So lets look at what that verse says in the OT:

"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of YHVH doth man live."

Jesus' Hebrew Name is a "consecrated Name", it must contain the name of His Father.

"Yahshua" ------> "YHVH Saves"

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." John 5:43

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

In the Hebrew text "the LORD" is:

YHVH

So lets look at what that verse says in the OT:

"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of YHVH doth man live."

Jesus' Hebrew Name is a "consecrated Name", it must contain the name of His Father.

"Yahshua" ------> "YHVH Saves"

"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." John 5:43

Fair enough... Quit editting your posts....

Lets continue using your logic.... same book...

Deuteronomy 20:10-14
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No, that's called a "Red Herring". Get back to the subject.

Jesus said man shall live by every Word of YHVH, and "it is written", where are YHVH's "Words written" at?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Which is it friend? You just a second ago said you didn't care about the principles of rational thought and the expression of it. What you would call "debate tactics". So which one is it? We use them when you want to try and make a point, and don't use them when someone answers you?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No, that's called a "Red Herring". Get back to the subject.

Jesus said man shall live by every Word of YHVH, and "it is written", where are YHVH's "Words written" at?

I told you debate tactics don't work on me... Don't bother labeling my arguements as if i should dismiss them according to a label...

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue.

This is completely relevant to what you just said.... Quoted from the bible...

You consider the bible to be Gods word... Those are the words of God according to you....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm taking a break to do my reading, I hope you're still here when I return.

(You're an internet forum crackbaby like I am so I image you will be, lol.)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Which is it friend? You just a second ago said you didn't care about the principles of rational thought and the expression of it. What you would call "debate tactics". So which one is it? We use them when you want to try and make a point, and don't use them when someone answers you?

I did not say that...

I said i don't care for your methods of inturpretation... Considering the entire bible Gods word because it says its Gods word... is not logical or rational thought...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I told you debate tactics don't work on me... Don't bother labeling my arguements as if i should dismiss them according to a label...

I refuse to address red herrings, so you can argue with yourself. You may refuse to rationally think and present logical arguments, I do not.

You will have to argue with yourself then. Please reconsider, I enjoy talking with you.

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

Red Herring Fallacy

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I did not say that...

Yes you did, you called it "debate tactics".

I said i don't care for your methods of inturpretation... Considering the entire bible Gods word because it says its Gods word... is not logical or rational thought...

Of course it isn't, you just presented a "straw man" argument. That's a fallacy as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And you can ignore and label my arguements all you like...

I call those "fallacies" you like to label excuses when you have no answer to the issue...

Call them straw men, red hearing, whatever you like... they are "debate tactics" for people that need a loop hole...

What i said was completely relevant to the topic at hand... you're simply trying to lead the debate... which is also another debate tactic...

In a law class your oponent would jump all over you...

And the judge would "over rule" your tactics.... Leading the witness...

Yes you did, you called it "debate tactics".

That is exactly what they are.... Just as you label and dismiss my arguements as Fallacy... i will also label and dismiss your "fallacy labels" as debate tactics...

You call them principals of rational thought... I find nothing rational about believing the bible is "the word of God" because it says so...

Of course it isn't, you just presented a "straw man" argument. That's a fallacy as well.

See what i mean...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Call them straw men, red hearing, whatever you like... they are "debate tactics" for people that need a loop hole...

Sometimes people need a practical example to understand. So from this point forward for 24 hours I will answer everything you post with either a red herring fallacy or a straw man fallacy. Beginning now at 6:57 EST til tomorrow at 6:57 EST.

Okay, lets discuss anything you want to.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Sometimes people need a practical example to understand. So from this point forward for 24 hours I will answer everything you post with either a red herring fallacy or a straw man fallacy. Beginning now at 6:57 EST til tomorrow at 6:57 EST.

Okay, lets discuss anything you want to.

haha...

Pointless... the debate is over because you've already made your judgement....

More debate tactics...

No need to waste my posts going back and forth over something that has no end...

I show you holes in your arguements... You cover the holes with labels...

Labels are as good as paper... and what did i say about paper walls?

Whatever floats your boat...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So if you said you show holes in my doughnuts, then how can I cover doughnut holes with labels?

***This post is an intentional straw man or a red herring fallacy, do not take literally***

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

So if you said you show holes in my doughnuts, then how can I cover doughnut holes with labels?

***This post is an intentional straw man or a red herring fallacy, do not take literally***

haha nice

So we argue semantics then?

walls made with donuts have so many holes they're see through...

And a label is nothing but a word... but enough off topic frivolity

The issue at hand is the 613 laws... I argue that these laws were not given by God... Further more, this same so called "god" (little g intended)... commands his servants in this particular circumstance... to murder rape and pillage...

Deuteronomy 20:10-14
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

THAT is not my God... Nor is it the words of the Father...

If you believe those are the same God's words... explain it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join