It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that call themselves Christian

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Feel free to explain all that if you ever get the free time.

Why so you can refer to some Agnostic scholar who rejects those verses or books? Been there, done that.

I have much more important things to do, like go get some tacos for dinner.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

We agree, so what's the issue there? i said that days ago, and even pointed to Mark 7 where He says that specifically when He says "the tradition of the elders".

You said he did not break the 613 so called laws....

I set out to show you otherwise...

Yes, if you've said it once you've said it a gazillion times. I know you believe that. I'm a science and math nerd, you already said you can't stand math. Based on what I know about the structures under the text and the ELS codes and the probability of prophecy I can never make that same deceleration.

You are free to take whatever evidence you like to prove this is Gods word... I do not need evidence, i know where Gods word lies... and it is not the entire book.

IF your codes valdate that this book is fully Gods word.... God intensionally made mistakes.... that doesn't fly with me... I believe God to be above simple mistakes within said book... as you can clearly see by his sons words...

I can never say that, and never will. But you can believe that all day, that's fine. just thank God you weren't born in Saudi Arabia, you would be dead right now. We aren't that team bro, you can hold whatever belief you want to.

I thank God every day for my life... and the knowledge i've been shown...

Everything happens for a reason my friend...

"Like I do, but don't look at Me, you just stop. Okay chic?"

Read what i said again...

that was not directed at you...

Read Deuteronomy, that lays out the process by which any person could legally be punished capitally

Been there done that many times.... how do you think i've come to the conclusions i have... Just guessing? Perhaps from a website?

Im afraid not.... I know the evils of said book... no need to re-read it for the umpteenth time...

They are not the words of God...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I still say that. The Decalogue just encompasses all those laws. But those laws remain.

You only set out to show me that those are not laws from God, we don't agree, never will.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

I still say that. The Decalogue just encompasses all those laws. But those laws remain.

You only set out to show me that those are not laws from God, we don't agree, never will.

That was only a by-product of the discussion...

He clearly taught against many of those laws... I've only made it half way through the list... there are many more, those were just the ones that were obvious...

As i've said... you're free to believe whatever you will...

but if you look... anyone can see what im saying... Its obvious...

I don't enjoy punching holes in your book my friend... but its necessary

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

God intensionally made mistakes....

He intentionally makes apparent contradictions, they are called "REMEZES". Or in other words, it's a sign that says:

"Slow down, dig here, you'll miss something." They are the "speed bumps" that keep us from missing something important that a careless reading would do. You won't look up what a "remez" is, that's fine, but I have tried to explain and direct you to research it on your own.

You also refuse to consider Hebraisms used by the Hebrews when they wrote or spoke, again tried to explain the different ones and directed you to research on your own. You refuse. And also tried to explain the Biblical hermeneutics we use in Theology, tried to explain and direct you to research on your own. You refuse.

99.9% of any apparent contradiction or error is found in either of these three principles. You don't want to educate your misconceptions, but I cannot make you. As the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water...

Look carefully at the sentence in my signature, it has been a motto for my study for years. i always research to see if what the person saying is true or not, I'm a research junkie, can't help it. I always weigh the different positions before I make a decision. It's been a tremendous blessing in my life. But again, I cannot MAKE you have the same passion or approach to scholarship.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He clearly taught against many of those laws...

Be truthful, "clearly" to you.

I don't enjoy punching holes in your book my friend... but its necessary

You cannot punch holes in anything with an over-cooked spaghetti noodle.

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Read what i said again...

that was not directed at you...

Didn't say you did, I made an reductio ad absurdum with your example conversation with Jesus and the whore, just continued it based upon your logic previous in the discussion.

that was Jesus talking, just finished your sentence based on the logic you had been using.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Just as i refuse your methods... you also refuse mine... step outside the bible to get a bigger view of the picture...

I cannot MAKE you have the same passion or approach to scholarship.

No you can't...

Im good with my methods... compareing his words with the rest... including things that lie outside of your book...

Be truthful, "clearly" to you.

Truthfully... Clear to anyone who chooses to see... I have no reason to lie...

You cannot punch holes in anything with an over-cooked spaghetti noodle

Just because you claim my arguements are soft, does not mean you are correct... Im pretty sure i made my point quite "clear"

Didn't say you did, I made an reductio ad absurdum with your example conversation with Jesus and the whore, just continued it based upon your logic previous in the discussion.

that was Jesus talking, just finished your sentence based on the logic you had been using.

Debate tactics don't work with me...

Reductio ad absurdum is a mode of argumentation that seeks to establish a contention by deriving an absurdity from its denial, thus arguing that a thesis must be accepted because its rejection would be untenable.

There was absolutely nothing absurd about what was posted... on either of our parts.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Just as i refuse your methods...

They aren't "mine", they have been the approaches of Hermeneutics from day one. It's called "Systematic Theology". You either follow Biblical hermeneutics or you don't and madness is the result. If a question was on the test and asked who which one of Jesse's son's was the "firstborn" and you answered with "The one born first" you'd fail that question. If the next question asked what "Son of Man" meant and you said "A person, a human." you'd fail that question. And so forth...

Hermeneutics are vital. Without them it would be like trying to drive from New York to Los Angeles without gasoline.

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thats nice...

Perhaps you missed my sig?

We're all mad here... Madness to some is not madness to all...

I find Christian theology to be madness... but who am i?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Just because you claim my arguements are soft, does not mean you are correct... Im pretty sure i made my point quite "clear"

We aren't arguing, I'm sure you made it quite clear to you and the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Im glad we agree...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Someone who refuses to study the principles of Biblical interpretation.

That's it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Someone who refuses to study the principles of Biblical interpretation.

That's it.

More like someone who refuses to be taught... i prefer to see the truth through my own eyes, not someone elses...

The words are there, and they are as clear as day...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Im glad we agree...

Yes, we agree. You see "clearly", and the world agrees with you.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

More like someone who refuses to be taught...

You couldn't be more right. I wish I could give 1 million stars.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

This should terrify you.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Im glad we agree...

Yes, we agree. You see "clearly", and the world agrees with you.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

Lets not start tossing scripture at each other.... Know your lord... not your book...

1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Debate tactics don't work with me...

WOW, are you sure you want to make that deceleration?

What you call "debate tactics" are the principles and methods of rational thought and the expression of it.

Do you really wish to make that proclamation?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

This should terrify you.

I do not fear God... or death...

I do not fear words in the bible.... Nor do they terrify me...

There is no fear in truth.... and preaching death is not truth....

Do you really wish to make that proclamation?

Im pretty sure i just did...

edit on 15-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join