It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that call themselves Christian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Funny religious rant for and against begin lockdown thread termination in 5...4...3...2...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by Akragon

I'd guess you are probably talking to me. Although I agree with 99% of what RevelationGenereation has said, I try to follow the 10 Commandments. I believe this document was written to be followed for all time. It states as such in the Bible.

I believe that Jesus came to do away with all the other laws that were(Hebrew-Jewish) written after the 10 Commandments that were laws given in a time when God wanted his chosen to be separate from the rest of the world-----before Jesus came to fulfill all written by the Prophets as given to them by God.

Actually we're not talking about the 10... because the 10 are subject to the two given by Jesus...

Im talking about the 613 laws that some christians claim they still need to adhear to.... IF you look through that list in the OP you will see what i mean...

The 10 do not apply to this conversation.... thanks for you reply though.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

There are some Christians who believe that Levitical laws still apply to them.... those are the people who this thread is aimed at...

Well I guess I am one of those people.

As some Levitical laws do still apply. Such as this one:

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination.

Why? Because its in the new testament also: such as Cor 6:9 which is considered canon by all Christians.

You are one of those who claim that "all scripture is inspired" are you not....

So now you are allowed to pick and chose which of those laws still apply?

Doesn't that go against your own belief.... that being "the entire bible is the word of God"... inerrant?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

of course it isn't wrong to follow them if you wish to, but it isn't necessary as long as you follow new law.

Read through that list... and then tell me it isn't wrong to follow some of those laws according to christianity...

And watch me show you otherwise...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

No the Nicene council 'chose' what to include and exclude from the bible - between all the varying 'flavors' of scripture that were in use at the time by different congregations.

Needless to say not all congregations were equally represented .. but that's a different topic I guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by Akragon

I'd guess you are probably talking to me. Although I agree with 99% of what RevelationGenereation has said, I try to follow the 10 Commandments. I believe this document was written to be followed for all time. It states as such in the Bible.

I believe that Jesus came to do away with all the other laws that were(Hebrew-Jewish) written after the 10 Commandments that were laws given in a time when God wanted his chosen to be separate from the rest of the world-----before Jesus came to fulfill all written by the Prophets as given to them by God.

Actually we're not talking about the 10... because the 10 are subject to the two given by Jesus...

Im talking about the 613 laws that some christians claim they still need to adhear to.... IF you look through that list in the OP you will see what i mean...

The 10 do not apply to this conversation.... thanks for you reply though.

Well that is strange. I have not seen that being claimed before. Are you sure they are not really Jews in disguise...? As far as I understand The 613 mitzvot laws were for the nation of Israel. Not the gentiles.
edit on 9-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Maxmars

Thank you for your thoughts... and i appreciate your input...

But it didn't really address the issue at hand...

I apologize. In my estimation it only applies tot he topic in terms of the practice of selectively pulling a piece of text from the bible and using it to somehow make a representative statement about those who adhere to it (or say they do.)

But you are essentially correct. I will withdraw gracefully, before someone get's angry about my 'off-topic-ness".... Good thread...

*But I humbly warn you and all others, talk about the topic... not the posters. I am not modding this thread... but I can see the dangers it faces.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Its about time you started to "wise up" and realize what im saying.... thank you for that....

Strange as it may seem, i've seen it many times on these forums... And even recently...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Scroll down on that page you will see what i mean... This is comming from a "hardcore" christian...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

no amount of good deeds will get us into the Kingdom of Heaven...

Yet.... people were "saved" in the sheep and goats judgement because of their good deeds?

That's after the church age, or age of grace. Also people who die during the millennium Revelation says they will be judged by their "works" also, along with the resurrected wicked.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I have a tendency to make threads that arn't well liked... But all confusion could be avoided if people would just read what i posted instead of just spouting off for the sake of defending christianity...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Gentiles weren't a party to those laws. We have to obey the 10 commandments, but Christ narrowed it to two that encompassed all 10. The Law of Love.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

There are some Christians who believe that Levitical laws still apply to them.... those are the people who this thread is aimed at...

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination.

Why? Because its in the new testament also: such as Cor 6:9 which is considered canon by all Christians.

Doesn't that go against your own belief.... that being "the entire bible is the word of God"... inerrant?

No picking and choosing be done here. We have to look at the bible in its full context to get an accurate picture of things. In this instance Cor 6:9 validates Leviticus 18:22 so it still applys to now.

The entire bible is the word of God. All scripture is inspired. I believe if God can create the universe then he can preserve the inspired words in his own book.

Another reason homosexuality is a sin can be found in Genesis 1:1-31 “Go forth and multiply”.

One can not multiply if they are gay. Homosexuality is a direct rebellious act against God and is purely of demonic origin. It is unnatural, immoral, and dangerous.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

No the Nicene council 'chose' what to include and exclude from the bible - between all the varying 'flavors' of scripture that were in use at the time by different congregations.

Needless to say not all congregations were equally represented .. but that's a different topic I guess.

No they did not, that's complete Hollywood myth. The canon of scripture was never discussed at Nicea, it was primarily convened to address the Arian heresy.

edit on 9-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The collection of quotes and stories Christians call the bible is - in reality - a compromise reached by the Nicene council to pave the way for mass distribution of texts - this enables a 'standardized' doctrine.

Wow, you are ignorant on this subject of the council. Here is the council's agenda:

The agenda of the synod included:

1 The Arian question regarding the relationship between God the Father and Jesus; i.e. are the Father and
Son one in divine purpose only or also one in being
2 The date of celebration of the Paschal/Easter observation
3 The Meletian schism
4 The validity of baptism by heretics
5 The status of the lapsed in the persecution under Licinius

You. Are. Wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Maxmars

No they did not, that's complete Hollywood myth. The canon of scripture was never discussed at Nicea, it was primarily convened to address the Arian heresy.

edit on 9-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Yep its a shame people don't do proper research before getting a false impression of the bible. For non believers its abit like playing a game of Chinese whispers. They never actually research there own arguments, just mindlessly parrot things they've heard against the bible to try and justify their 'unbelief'. If more people educated themselves there wouldn't be such blatant misconceptions being circulated. Unfortunately things like the zeitgeist piece on religion have indoctrinated many people to believe things that have no place in reality. Its a pride issue.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Actually the mosaic laws went out the window when Jesus died on the cross. That was the purpose of his sacrifice...he came to fulfill the law............

Matthew 5:17-18

17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

or a better example

Colossians 2:13-14

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

Does that answer your question??

PLPL

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

No picking and choosing be done here. We have to look at the bible in its full context to get an accurate picture of things. In this instance Cor 6:9 validates Leviticus 18:22 so it still applys to now.

The entire bible is the word of God. All scripture is inspired. I believe if God can create the universe then he can preserve the inspired words in his own book.

Another reason homosexuality is a sin can be found in Genesis 1:1-31 “Go forth and multiply”.

One can not multiply if they are gay. Homosexuality is a direct rebellious act against God and is purely of demonic origin. It is unnatural, immoral, and dangerous.

Why does it always come down to homosexuality with you people?

Consider the possiblity that the homosexual isn't meant to procreate for whatever reason... I think your arguement is flawed on that particular subject... You are litterally picking and choosing what to obey...

Jesus said "love thy neighbour"... He did not say... Love thy neighbour only if hes straight...

The only thing i see as immoral here is the fact that you condem those that choose a different lifestyle then yourself....

I could litterally point out hundreds of things in the bible that would make you immoral if you followed it... Hating on homosexuals is only one of the many.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
Actually the mosaic laws went out the window when Jesus died on the cross. That was the purpose of his sacrifice...he came to fulfill the law............

Matthew 5:17-18

17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

or a better example

Colossians 2:13-14

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

Does that answer your question??

PLPL

No it doesn't.... Yet another person who DOES NOT READ...

IF you understand the fact that you just posted.... This thread is NOT directed at you...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am on your side...............relax!!! It is hypocritical, very much so. It is all over the bible to love your neighbor as yourself, not to judge, etc. We will not mention all the priests that have been caught molesting little boys. God loves his childeren regardless, as long as they have faith in him.

Romans 10:4
4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

That my friend is my opinion and I am sticking to it!!!

PLPL

It was Gods words written and interpreted by man. He loves each and every one of us, if not we would not be here. We are judged by our intentions, good or bad. Those who are pointing fingers are breaking his "laws" as well.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by Akragon

I am on your side...............relax!!! It is hypocritical, very much so. It is all over the bible to love your neighbor as yourself, not to judge, etc. We will not mention all the priests that have been caught molesting little boys. God loves his childeren regardless, as long as they have faith in him.

Romans 10:4
4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

That my friend is my opinion and I am sticking to it!!!

PLPL

Im sorry my friend...

The biggest issue thus far has been with people that Don't read what is stated in the OP... People seem to think im attacking "Christianity"... when in fact im actually defending it and its principals. And considering its comming from someone who IS NOT Christian... i would think they would appreciate what im trying to say here...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join